The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teen arrested for Murder & Dismemberment of 10 year old girl

Jester@wraiths.ca

As has already been pointed out to you, society has already been on that path for a long time and if anything the path is actually becoming "better" (though more widely reported on for every bad part of it).

I never said that one should pretend there is no bad in the world. Simply...If you go looking for the bad in the world... guess what you'll find?

Aww you guys are right, everything is sunshine and lollipops these days. heck, the media probably just makes up these killings and attacks to sell papers.

think anything you want, I know nothing said here will change people's minds. the number of people who instantly jump to make jokes about people's deaths speaks far louder than anything else that gets said here.

I had to run to the computer and load up CDC so I could know who has gotten murdered recently and the details of how.

Can we cool it with this stuff? Or at least start a "Hell in a Handbasket" thread so the entire section isn't a downer.

Guest Gumballthechewy

Don't we have Golbal and CTV news for stuff like this? I don't come here for grizzly tales of murder. At the very least put stuff like this in the Off-Topic forum, leave CM alone.

Aww you guys are right, everything is sunshine and lollipops these days. heck, the media probably just makes up these killings and attacks to sell papers.

think anything you want, I know nothing said here will change people's minds. the number of people who instantly jump to make jokes about people's deaths speaks far louder than anything else that gets said here.

Guest Gumballthechewy

No everything is certainly not sunshine and lollypops. The world is a terrifying, cruel and bloody place to live in many, many ways. A lot of those ways being man-made. However, the TRUTH is, at least here in North America, that it is in fact LESS terrifying, cruel and bloody than it was in the past. Society is not in fact "getting worse" it's gotten better.

Note that "better" than really, really, REALLY bad does not mean "good". It's simply only really, really bad now. It's not the melodramatic black and white subject you'd like to make it out to be.

If you truly wanted to help make it even better, you'd be volunteering to help with abused children, spouses etc or feeding the poor or any countless number of activities that would actually have a positive societal impact. A hell of a lot more impact than a silly, illogical crusade on a hockey forum anyway.

Archived