89 replies to this topic

#61 kyledude

kyledude

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,864 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:13 AM

Overpayment. You don't need to spend 3/4 million dollars to bag a virgin - especially one that's not into you.

#62 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,365 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:47 AM

dude. I´m not mad about what she did with her body, it´s her ugly body and she does what he wants...but the consequences, the stereotype...when a Brazilian men goes overseas it´s a Brazilian men goins overseas, a tourist, it´s a guy who will spend 2000 dollars on best buy in one day, a student, a professional, a politic (unfortunately our politics return to Brasil)but when a Brazilian woman goes overseas it´s diferent. it´s a not a Brazilian woman going overseas as a tourist,as a student or as a professional. no. other countries see Brazilian women as prostitutes...and happen many times, once in France when a French Policemen arrested a woman from Brasil accusing her of prostitution, but that woman was a federal court judge! 3 months later the same policemen came to Brasil for tourism, and our "super friendly" Federal Police was waiting for him. he stayed less than 25 minutes in Brazilian soil...when I lived in USA I saw what many americans think about Canada. "canadians live in Igloos and eat maple syrup always", or "they say "eh!" all the time"but Canadians don´t live in Igloos and they don´t say "eh!". actualy Canada is more organised than USA...the stereotype is the danger, our woman are punished by what many girls like this one do. if she want sell her pu$¨%¨she should do without be in every newspaper worldwide...if the government legalize the prostitution this girl would never receive that money. she is the ugliest girl in SC (probably), in South Region of Brazil you can find girls that even in Sweden you will not find as beautiful as here. is a mixture between europeans and brasilians it´s a wonderfull result. considering the conservative opinion of our media I´m pretty sure that her money will not be accepted here. who the hell will show on TV "your money was donated by a girl who sold her pu$%¨& for charity..."really. no one here will accept...we have 3 Formula-1 champions here, 1 INDY series champion, EMBRAER, soccer team. their image is much better than a girl who sold her body for what? really. no. even the government will not accept...and of course I´m mad, her state is next to my state. the "jokes" are just starting between neightbours...

You're comments are coming off as disturbed, angry and delusional if you think the entire globe is judging ALL Brazilian women on the actions of one.

For the record, I've never assumed all Brazilian women are whores and this girl doesn't change that opinion.

You need to @#$%'ing relax.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#63 Monty

Monty

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,074 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:23 PM

For the record, I've never assumed all Brazilian women are whores and this girl doesn't change that opinion.

Really? A friend of mine (yes I have a friend) is from Brazil, and even he thinks majority of Brazilian women are whores.

Can you imagine drowning AT a KK Rev concert?

i'm pretty sure that's how zombies are born.

#64 canucks_dynasty

canucks_dynasty

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,069 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:46 PM

I need to make a trip to Brazil.

#65 J.R.

J.R.

Rainbow Butt Monkey

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 16,365 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 12:48 PM

Really? A friend of mine (yes I have a friend) is from Brazil, and even he thinks majority of Brazilian women are whores.

Well if anything it sounds like more of a perception problem Brazilian men have. Maybe this girl can donate the money to a cause in Brazil that's fighting that stereotype.
"Science is like an inoculation against charlatans who would have you believe whatever it is they tell you."
- Neil deGrasse Tyson

Posted ImagePosted Image

#66 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

My girl friend is from Brazil. Been living here for about year. And yes... It's true. She tells me Brazilian girls literally will go up to North American guys and hit on them ect when they are visting Brazil. This is due to the fact that A LOT of them want to come to north american to live a better life. Since I've started dating her for the last 5 months, I've met a lot of her Brazilian friends and they all say the same thing... Kinda off topic to this thread, but I saw other people talking about Brazilian girls. :)
Posted Image

#67 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 01:57 PM

My girl friend is from Brazil. Been living here for about year. And yes... It's true. She tells me Brazilian girls literally will go up to North American guys and hit on them ect when they are visting Brazil. This is due to the fact that A LOT of them want to come to north american to live a better life. Get married to North American men ect... Since I've started dating her for the last 5 months, I've met a lot of her Brazilian friends and they all say the same thing... Kinda off topic to this thread, but I saw other people talking about Brazilian girls. :)

Posted Image

#68 taxi

taxi

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,357 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 02:47 PM

POPULAR

My girl friend is from Brazil. Been living here for about year. And yes... It's true. She tells me Brazilian girls literally will go up to North American guys and hit on them ect when they are visting Brazil. This is due to the fact that A LOT of them want to come to north american to live a better life. Since I've started dating her for the last 5 months, I've met a lot of her Brazilian friends and they all say the same thing... Kinda off topic to this thread, but I saw other people talking about Brazilian girls. :)

So you're saying your girlfriend is only dating with to get a green card?

Edited by taxi, 26 October 2012 - 02:47 PM.

#69 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:42 PM

yeah Kurtis. you understand what Iīm talking about. and your girlfriend will confirm that many girls donīt do this because they want, itīs because they have to do. many of them live in Northeast region living in poor conditions, with no help from the government. itīs do this or die...

but itīs tourist fault too! if they stop doing "sexual tourism" this thing will stop!

wanna visit Brazil/Brasil? welcome! visit Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Brasilia (our capital), Manaus and Belém (???? hot!), São Luis, Recife, Fortaleza, Salvador, Florianopolis and Porto Alegre. see, taste our many diferent foods, see our weather changinf from the ???? hot in the jungle to the cold weather in the south. try speak portuguese (itīs hard), drive here (and go nuts). itīs an open country, friendly and Canadians are very welcomed. and if you have an Argentinian VISA go by car to Buenos Aires and discover the south america...

but. sexual tourism not! our Federal Police is becoming extremely severe with this thing!

just for curiosity Kurtis. where did your girlfriend came from in Brasil? what city?
Shup up and fly! you´re not payed to think, you´re payed to fly!

#70 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 33,835 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 03:45 PM

sooo, sexual tourism, eh? sounds like fun.

#71 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:14 PM

sooo, sexual tourism, eh?  sounds like fun.

may I remind you about our super "friend and polite" Federal Police? the only federal police on earth with permition to be unpolite, rude, and act like an army and insult you in many languages. and of course, put you in the jail with a smile on their faces...

#72 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:26 PM

I've met hundreds and hundreds of Brazilians over the years (taught ESL for a few years) and I have never come across this idea that all Brazilian women are prostitutes/whores.

Obviously here in Canada those Brazilians that can afford to study here are of the middle/uppermiddle/upper tier in terms of income so the results will be skewed.

Most of the students I meet are from Sao Paulo, and of course Rio. However, I've met students from pretty much all corners of Brazil. From the Northeast (Fortaleza, Salvador), to Amazonas (Manaus), the centre (Brasilia), all the way down to the Southernmost tip (Pelotas, Porto Alegre).

I don't know, but I've never had that impression. That being said, after being good friends with some of them, and then sitting down and really talking about Brazil, only then do they begin to really explain the problems in Brazil. Most students (of course) will only say good things about their country.

Even still, I don't know if most people's perceptions of Brazil are that the women are prostitutes. I think women in any country that has poverty believe that a way out is to marry a North American and escape their current living situation. It's not a problem that is unique to Brazil.

I think most people who know nothing about Brazil think this:

1. Brazil is good at football (soccer).
2. Brazil has Carnival
3. Brazil has a lot of beautiful women
4. Brazilian women wear tiny bikinis
5. Brazil has amazing beaches.

That's probably what most people who don't know anything about Brazil think.

By the way, I'm suddenly craving picanha and churrasco in general, damn it. lol

RIP LB RR PD

#73 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,835 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:27 PM

may I remind you about our super "friend and polite" Federal Police? the only federal police on earth with permition to be unpolite, rude, and act like an army and insult you in many languages. and of course, put you in the jail with a smile on their faces...

yeah, they're not the only federal police in the world with that power... thanks for coming out though.

#74 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:37 PM

yeah, they're not the only federal police in the world with that power... thanks for coming out though.

imagine this...you are a profession with low salary forced to protect your nation or you will be punished (our federal police is connected to the army), you recently ended a strike with no improvement on your salary and your president tells that "your class isnīt important"now imagine a Brasilian Federal Police working in São Paulo International Airport at 9AM with zillions of flights coming from North America and Europe (including the Air Canada 777 from Toronto) and other domestic flights. you needed 2 yours to arrive on the airport from São Paulo downtown, you are angry, the airport air conditioning isnīt working and apart the Brasilians complaining "I pay to many taxes to stay 2 yours waiting. thatīs an absurd!" and more people from other countries...those fellows from other countries donīt speak portuguese or spanish and the government didnīt help you to do an English course so you have to pay this course from your own pocket...now put this togheter and imagine an angry Brasilian unhappy with the government. dude, believe. itīs not good...

#75 avelanch

avelanch

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 33,835 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:38 PM

i have no clue where you are going with this. I think i'm going to need 2, maybe 3 more walls of text to clear this up.

Edited by avelanch, 26 October 2012 - 04:39 PM.

#76 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 04:50 PM

hey Jai604!

nice to know you see many of our people. just say some things...

1) our soccer isnīt the best today, isnīt good. iīm supporting Argentina...

2) Carnival sucks, I prefer June festival, much better...

3) true. but girls from south and northeast are more beautiful than in Rio. Porto Alegre is the best city!

4) itīs hot, sunny. what can I say...

5) indeed. the best ones are located in Northeast region. forget Rio de Janeiro, the northeast region is WAY BETTER, sunny 365 days, cheap to visit, wonderfull food, friendly people, warm water...

6) our Churrasco (barbecue) is the best. especialy the southern version (Churrasco Gaucho), lot of food, lot of picanhas, itīs simply good if you like food. thereīs the fish barbecue done on north region like Manaus or Belem (Peixada), itīs a barbecue done with fish. same thing. lot of food, lot of beer. and itīs cheap. with 24 dollars you can pass the entire day eating...

7) donīt forget EMBRAER. if you fly a ERJ in Canada. itīs an Embraer. made here (ok, itīs made in São Jose dos Campos but who cares). itīs our proud...

#77 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,748 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:23 PM

Obviously you've never been to Spain. Ever heard of the Guardia Civil?

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#78 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 05:25 PM

Obviously you've never been to Spain. Ever heard of the Guardia Civil?

yep! ours itīs the "south american version" of Guarda Civil...

#79 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 06:27 PM

hey Jai604!

nice to know you see many of our people. just say some things...

1) our soccer isn´t the best today, isn´t good. i´m supporting Argentina...

2) Carnival sucks, I prefer June festival, much better...

3) true. but girls from south and northeast are more beautiful than in Rio. Porto Alegre is the best city!

4) it´s hot, sunny. what can I say...

5) indeed. the best ones are located in Northeast region. forget Rio de Janeiro, the northeast region is WAY BETTER, sunny 365 days, cheap to visit, wonderfull food, friendly people, warm water...

6) our Churrasco (barbecue) is the best. especialy the southern version (Churrasco Gaucho), lot of food, lot of picanhas, it´s simply good if you like food. there´s the fish barbecue done on north region like Manaus or Belem (Peixada), it´s a barbecue done with fish. same thing. lot of food, lot of beer. and it´s cheap. with 24 dollars you can pass the entire day eating...

7) don´t forget EMBRAER. if you fly a ERJ in Canada. it´s an Embraer. made here (ok, it´s made in São Jose dos Campos but who cares). it´s our proud...

Oh, I know many of those things aren't true. I was just trying to say that the average North American thinks those things. I don't think those things.

Yeah, everbody tells me that Bahia is the funnest place to spend Carnival, but I've not been to Brazil yet. I will be going in 2014 for the world cup. 2 of my friends married my Brazilian students, lol, so I will have a place to stay when I go there, hahaha.

RIP LB RR PD

#80 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:41 PM

So you're saying your girlfriend is only dating with to get a green card?

LOL no!! Shes about to get her permanent resident here. She's a physiotherapist who makes twice as much money as myself.
Posted Image

#81 kurtis

kurtis

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,448 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

yeah Kurtis. you understand what I´m talking about. and your girlfriend will confirm that many girls don´t do this because they want, it´s because they have to do. many of them live in Northeast region living in poor conditions, with no help from the government. it´s do this or die...

but it´s tourist fault too! if they stop doing "sexual tourism" this thing will stop!

wanna visit Brazil/Brasil? welcome! visit Rio de Janeiro, São Paulo, Brasilia (our capital), Manaus and Belém (???? hot!), São Luis, Recife, Fortaleza, Salvador, Florianopolis and Porto Alegre. see, taste our many diferent foods, see our weather changinf from the ???? hot in the jungle to the cold weather in the south. try speak portuguese (it´s hard), drive here (and go nuts). it´s an open country, friendly and Canadians are very welcomed. and if you have an Argentinian VISA go by car to Buenos Aires and discover the south america...

but. sexual tourism not! our Federal Police is becoming extremely severe with this thing!

just for curiosity Kurtis. where did your girlfriend came from in Brasil? what city?

Shes from Belem.
Posted Image

#82 BobLoblaw

BobLoblaw

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 834 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:13 PM

Instead of going new, you could probably get a great deal on used with just a few miles on the odometer.

#83 Standing_Tall#37

Standing_Tall#37

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,955 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:23 PM

Little did she know; I would have paid double that to not have to have sex with her...:picard:

#84 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 05:18 PM

Shes from Belem.

just one thing:"Paiīdégua" (means "very good" in Belenense dialect)

#85 Wilfred

Wilfred

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,503 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 07:39 PM

dude. Iīm not mad about what she did with her body, itīs her ugly body and she does what he wants...but the consequences, the stereotype...when a Brazilian men goes overseas itīs a Brazilian men goins overseas, a tourist, itīs a guy who will spend 2000 dollars on best buy in one day, a student, a professional, a politic (unfortunately our politics return to Brasil)but when a Brazilian woman goes overseas itīs diferent. itīs a not a Brazilian woman going overseas as a tourist,as a student or as a professional. no. other countries see Brazilian women as prostitutes...and happen many times, once in France when a French Policemen arrested a woman from Brasil accusing her of prostitution, but that woman was a federal court judge! 3 months later the same policemen came to Brasil for tourism, and our "super friendly" Federal Police was waiting for him. he stayed less than 25 minutes in Brazilian soil...when I lived in USA I saw what many americans think about Canada. "canadians live in Igloos and eat maple syrup always", or "they say "eh!" all the time"but Canadians donīt live in Igloos and they donīt say "eh!". actualy Canada is more organised than USA...the stereotype is the danger, our woman are punished by what many girls like this one do. if she want sell her pu$Ļ%Ļshe should do without be in every newspaper worldwide...if the government legalize the prostitution this girl would never receive that money. she is the ugliest girl in SC (probably), in South Region of Brazil you can find girls that even in Sweden you will not find as beautiful as here. is a mixture between europeans and brasilians itīs a wonderfull result. considering the conservative opinion of our media Iīm pretty sure that her money will not be accepted here. who the hell will show on TV "your money was donated by a girl who sold her pu$%Ļ& for charity..."really. no one here will accept...we have 3 Formula-1 champions here, 1 INDY series champion, EMBRAER, soccer team. their image is much better than a girl who sold her body for what? really. no. even the government will not accept...and of course Iīm mad, her state is next to my state. the "jokes" are just starting between neightbours...

Great logic!

Brazilian woman flying out of Brazil? Must be a prostitute!!!!

#86 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,471 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 10:02 AM

To some people 750 000k is like pennies to people.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#87 babych

babych

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,201 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 11:54 AM

Would this nix the deal?

http://www.huffingto...l#slide=1682648
(shiznak@Jun 17 2008, 08:00 PM)
Kesler was lucky to score 20 this year since the injury to Morrison allowed him to do so.

I doubt Kesler would ever break 15 goals in his career again.

#88 debluvscanucks

debluvscanucks

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • 24,291 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:19 PM

The thing is, if she really wanted to make a difference and "charity" is her excuse, there are obviously better ways. (EDIT: in re-reading, it appears the charity aspect of things was an afterthought and it is a publicity based stunt...for lack of better wording).

Young girls/women in underprivileged countries are often exploited and would be killed for much lesser actions. This act supports the idea that women are mere objects, to be bought and sold, and that doesn't help the many young women subjected to this mentality.

So BS to the veil of righteousness of donating the money....it's a publicity stunt in any case and to throw money at a charity in making it "ok" isn't.

Sure, there countries that have much more relaxed ideas about sex and prostitution and two consenting adults are free to do what they like behind closed doors. But, in advertising things like this, it sends the wrong message...both to young girls AND the dirty rich pigs who'll sleep with them in my opinion.

I like the idea that girls value their bodies as something special, not to be auctioned off. But maybe I'm an old fashioned prude and the rest of the world knows something I don't.

Posted Image

#89 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 12:39 PM

The thing is, if she really wanted to make a difference and "charity" is her excuse, there are obviously better ways. (EDIT: in re-reading, it appears the charity aspect of things was an afterthought and it is a publicity based stunt...for lack of better wording).

Young girls/women in underprivileged countries are often exploited and would be killed for much lesser actions. This act supports the idea that women are mere objects, to be bought and sold, and that doesn't help the many young women subjected to this mentality.

So BS to the veil of righteousness of donating the money....it's a publicity stunt in any case and to throw money at a charity in making it "ok" isn't.

Sure, there countries that have much more relaxed ideas about sex and prostitution and two consenting adults are free to do what they like behind closed doors. But, in advertising things like this, it sends the wrong message...both to young girls AND the dirty rich pigs who'll sleep with them in my opinion.

I like the idea that girls value their bodies as something special, not to be auctioned off. But maybe I'm an old fashioned prude and the rest of the world knows something I don't.

I agree wholeheartedly that the message is wrong and prostitution is never right, but as long as the contribution to charity is made you can't really condemn her for that.

I'm curious to know what are the "obvious better ways" to contribute to charity. I mean, of course there are ways that are actually morally sound, but in shear amounts of money, I don't really think she can do better lol. And money talks

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#90 aeromotacanucks

aeromotacanucks

Real Person

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,075 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 04:46 PM

Great logic!

Brazilian woman flying out of Brazil? Must be a prostitute!!!!

yep. typical racist. soo. if a Woman judge from the Federal Supreme Court of Brazil travel overseas for tourims she is a prostitute?yeah. We will keep this in mind IF in 2014 hundreds of men came here for "tourim". and our Federal Police will be super "friendly" with these racist interested in "tourism"

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.