The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teen Tweets ‘I Give Up’ Before Jumping In Front of Subway Train

nux4lyfe

A 15-year-old Tottenville High School student who committed suicide yesterday afternoon at the Huguenot Staten Island Railway station was apparently the victim of ceaseless verbal abuse from classmates that followed her right up to the moment she jumped in front of a subway train.

Friends of Felicia Garcia said she was on receiving end of regular invective barrages, particularly from football players who harassed her over a past relationship with one of the school's athletes.

"This poor girl was called a slut. She was teased on Facebook," a senior named Victoria told the New York Post.

Garcia, a foster child whose parents allegedly passed away, would often complain about her progressively worsening situation on Twitter and Instagram. On Monday, two days before she took her own life, Garcia posted one final tweet: "I can't, I'm done, I give up."

g2tqqau8i99lch2h1vni_normal.jpeg

I cant, im done, I give up

Some students who were on the train platform with Garcia yesterday said the football players were still taunting her right up to the end, hurling "sexually explicit jeers."

When the train arrived, Garcia reportedly said "Finally it's here," before leaping backwards onto the tracks.

"I hope the football team feels guilty for what they did to her," said Garcia's friend, 15-year-old Stephanie Imparato. "They were torturing her. How can you go through life being verbally assaulted like that? These guys are cruel and malicious."

The NYPD is said to be investigating claims that bullying played a central role in Garcia's suicide.

The same train station was the site of another teen suicide just over two years ago.

I might sound a little harsh, but this is getting ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, this is a tragedy. But the problem is, with what happened with Amanda Todd, bullied teens are realizing that, by committing suicide, they can get an ultimate revenge on their bullies. They'll be worshipped like they were some saint, and those kids that bullied them will get a taste of their own medicine, with these death threats yelled at them. The dead kid will have died knowing they ruined their tormentors lives, with a horrible guilt that will probably haunt the (in this case, football team,) to their own grave. The teen who died, however tragic a life they had, will become popular, LOVED, something they think no one ever showed them while they were alive. I'm sorry if I sound judgemental, and I don't pretend to know what was going through these kids heads, but I just wish people could care about these kids while they're still alive, and not make these useless facebook memorial pages when they die. R.I.P. Felicia Garcia and Amanda Todd.

Seriously, is bullying-induced suicide on the rise, or is it that we just hear more about it because of social media?!? Bullying has been going on for ever, so why is it all of a sudden so unbearable? I am guessing because now bullying just doesnt stop at school, but follows the bullied over Facebook, etc. Obviously I am not in favor of bullying and would like to see it stop, but I am just curious as to why there is such a public outcry against in recent years.

Curious to see how this plays out. She doesn't even attempt to make herself the victim like Todd, and there's no slow soundtrack or sad eyes to help with a mood. Instead, we've got a handful (no pun intended) of cleavage and ass photos, and a slew of tweets that would gather nothing more than ire from anyone with half a brain

Quick, someone tell me why I should care

Curious to see how this plays out. She doesn't even attempt to make herself the victim like Todd, and there's no slow soundtrack or sad eyes to help with a mood. Instead, we've got a handful (no pun intended) of cleavage and ass photos, and a slew of tweets that would gather nothing more than ire from anyone with half a brain

Quick, someone tell me why I should care

I might sound a little harsh, but this is getting ridiculous. Don't get me wrong, this is a tragedy. But the problem is, with what happened with Amanda Todd, bullied teens are realizing that, by committing suicide, they can get an ultimate revenge on their bullies. They'll be worshipped like they were some saint, and those kids that bullied them will get a taste of their own medicine, with these death threats yelled at them. The dead kid will have died knowing they ruined their tormentors lives, with a horrible guilt that will probably haunt the (in this case, football team,) to their own grave. The teen who died, however tragic a life they had, will become popular, LOVED, something they think no one ever showed them while they were alive. I'm sorry if I sound judgemental, and I don't pretend to know what was going through these kids heads, but I just wish people could care about these kids while they're still alive, and not make these useless facebook memorial pages when they die. R.I.P. Felicia Garcia and Amanda Todd.

This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read. You're trying to tell me that she did this for fame when she's not even gonna be alive to witness it? REALLY? Those bullies deserve to feel pain and guilt for what they did and there isn't ANY excuse for it. They should be tried for murder in my honest opinion.

For you though you probably haven't gone through anything like these 2 girls did, and it's something no one deserves... and especially doesn't need to end in someone taking their life.

This has to be one of the most ignorant posts I've ever read. You're trying to tell me that she did this for fame when she's not even gonna be alive to witness it? REALLY? Those bullies deserve to feel pain and guilt for what they did and there isn't ANY excuse for it. They should be tried for murder in my honest opinion.

For you though you probably haven't gone through anything like these 2 girls did, and it's something no one deserves... and especially doesn't need to end in someone taking their life.

If you don't care, why did you even post in this thread? It was easy enough just to skim right past it without even opening it to read. You've made your feelings regarding this issue patently clear in other bullying/suicide threads so it appears you've only posted in this one to troll.

Drama queens, so she got called a slut.. or fat or w/e who hasnt.. If you're gonna kill yourself over getting called a name.. honestly.. good riddance the world doesnt need that in it any more than it needs the bullies.

Im more inclined to feel bad for the train driver who now has to live knowing he killed a little girl.

"its too much.. I cant go on... " Suck it up yah feline..

Archived