196 replies to this topic

#31 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

I've had many urges to just end it all by jumping in front of a train, but I've always managed to convince my way out of it. It's unfortunate to hear that someone so young, lost her fight against depression/bullies.

R.I.P

But that is the coward's way out. I mean if it is this serious that you want to kill yourself, why not think about moving to another city, state/province or maybe another country. The best thing to do is just to delete all your facebook, twitter and any other social media and email account. Change cell phone number and move somewhere to start all over again. Committing suicide shouldn't even be an option.

Edited by Pouria, 25 October 2012 - 08:03 PM.

Posted Image

#32 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,908 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:02 PM

Hate to sound insensitive but it's your own damn fault if you build a reputation as the school slut.

Tragic story nonetheless, but this is just as much a mistake on her part.

Posted Image

Vintage Canuck's #1 Supporter

#33 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,573 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:03 PM

Personally going through depression and anxiety myself, you feel like nobody understands how you feel. Anybody that's trying to judge her shut the frack up, and show some damn respect.
Learn how it feels to have people hate you and torture you every single day, then be told "suck it up". Ignorant bystanders are worse than the bullies themselves.

The absurdity about depression and "feeling like nobody understands" is that literally every single person on the planet experiences it to some degree at some point, and millions upon millions upon millions DO understand. The difficulty of depression, if not adolescence (the two are interchangable, as far as I'm concerned) is accepting the fact that you ain't no different at all, and that your sadness comes wholesale. Some of us make it through that realization, others don't.
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#34 believe in blue forever

believe in blue forever

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 922 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:06 PM

Drama queens, so she got called a slut.. or fat or w/e who hasnt.. If you're gonna kill yourself over getting called a name.. honestly.. good riddance the world doesnt need that in it any more than it needs the bullies.

Im more inclined to feel bad for the train driver who now has to live knowing he killed a little girl.

"its too much.. I cant go on... " Suck it up yah feline..

Getting called a name???

She was basically tortured by these jerks everyday.

It's easy to suck it up. But imagine having to hear these words everyday knowing that this was going to happen everyday, everytime she was near these football players

Maybe hurtful words don't effect you but they can leave deep wounds in someone else
Posted Image

A reader lives a thousand lives before he dies. The man who never reads lives only one. George R.R. Martin
Luongo is blamed for a lot of things. I think he was blamed for the teachers strike, and the high gas prices in Vancouver. Alain Vigneault

#35 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I don't worry about them. However, you think that it won't affect them? After a person died because of something they did? I doubt that. Don't take it the wrong way. I don't want to try and make out like they're the victims here, Nothing could be further from the truth.

Nope, it won't affect them. They are probably laughing their ass off as we speak. If they cared they wouldn't constantly harass her at every turn. I doubt they feel any guilt over this tragedy.

Posted Image

#36 Froggy Fresh

Froggy Fresh

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,928 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:07 PM

I've had many urges to just end it all by jumping in front of a train, but I've always managed to convince my way out of it. It's unfortunate to hear that someone so young, lost her fight against depression/bullies.

R.I.P

Thank God you didn't do it. You're one of the funniest people on CDC, make sick sigs and seem like a great guy in general. Can't imagine how you are irl. Stay strong, bud.

Posted Image

Credit to (>'-')> for the amazing sig!

#37 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:08 PM

The absurdity about depression and "feeling like nobody understands" is that literally every single person on the planet experiences it to some degree at some point, and millions upon millions upon millions DO understand. The difficulty of depression, if not adolescence (the two are interchangable, as far as I'm concerned) is accepting the fact that you ain't no different at all, and that your sadness comes wholesale. Some of us make it through that realization, others don't.

If it is clinical depression you are referring to... no, they most definitely do not.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#38 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

We get it, you've demonstrated time and time again that you don't have even the remotest understanding of the pathology of clinical/chronic depression and it's effects on some people. Just admit it and move on and let the discussion here continue without the blatant trolling.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 25 October 2012 - 08:11 PM.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#39 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Not your average poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,477 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:11 PM

Hate to sound insensitive but it's your own damn fault if you build a reputation as the school slut.

I agree. If I knew a girl that banged 4 guys at once, I'd definitely consider her a slut. Probably wouldn't say it too her, though.

uGTaq3n.png

- COYS -

#40 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:13 PM

Why should sexual promiscuity involve ridicule?

#41 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • 10,302 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:15 PM

Why should sexual promiscuity involve ridicule?

She was 15 and slept with 4 guys in one night. There is bound to be ridicule, and rightfully so.

#42 Kassian

Kassian

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,328 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:17 PM

You went a little far there...

I disagree. If she wasn't being bullied by these kids, would she still have taken her own life? Don't think so.

Posted Image

#43 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:18 PM

POPULAR

I agree. If I knew a girl that banged 4 guys at once, I'd definitely consider her a slut. Probably wouldn't say it too her, though.

And if the situation were reversed, a guy that banged 4 girls at once, he'd be a stud and all would bow low before him and sing his praises...yet a girl does and she's a slut, a pariah.....how much you want a bet that the very guys that 'banged' her in that situation were part of the bully pack. What heroes........

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 25 October 2012 - 08:20 PM.

#44 The Hornet

The Hornet

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 7,651 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

Drama queens, so she got called a slut.. or fat or w/e who hasnt.. If you're gonna kill yourself over getting called a name.. honestly.. good riddance the world doesnt need that in it any more than it needs the bullies.

Im more inclined to feel bad for the train driver who now has to live knowing he killed a little girl.

"its too much.. I cant go on... " Suck it up yah feline..

As someone who was bullied their whole life until University, personally, I agree with your statement. I eventually just ignored them and realized how childish they were compared to me.

That girl, even though her death is tragic, damaged way too many peoples lives. (The train driver, passengers, friends, family and the bullies.) You don't need to kill yourself over something like this to make a point, no matter how low your life may seem. High School sucks, but once you get out into the real world, no one will care if you were a geek, jock or whatever.

Edited by The Hornet, 25 October 2012 - 08:21 PM.

Posted Image

#45 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

She was 15 and slept with 4 guys in one night. There is bound to be ridicule, and rightfully so.

I have no reason to believe that is true.

Why rightfully so? What is morally wrong with having multiple sex partners at the same time? Are you a prude?

A person's sexual activity does not speak to any part of their whole person. One would think in 2012 we could start to get over those societal hang-ups. Mother Teresa could be the town pump of Calcutta for all I care if she spends her days looking after the weak.

#46 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:21 PM

el doble

Edited by theminister, 25 October 2012 - 08:24 PM.

#47 Hyzer

Hyzer

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,919 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:23 PM

POPULAR

Meh, its sorta like Amanda Todd. You sorta deserve it if you post naked pics of yourself/sleep around alot (4 guys at once? lots of naked pictures and webcam photos? sleep around like its nothing at 15?). She chose her lifestyle and paid for it, then ended her life just because she couldn't handle her actions...

#48 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:27 PM

POPULAR

I am gob-smacked at the people in this thread blaming the victim of the bullying for her bullying. Saying she deserved everything she got. It dumbfounds me and makes me a little sad and scared for society today if these posters are an indication of young people today. Unfortunately, it gives a very clear indication of why bullying is still such an issue today and why kids are killing themselves because bullies have made their lives so horrible that death feels like the only escape. Unbelievable, just unbelievable. :sadno:

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 25 October 2012 - 08:29 PM.

#49 Kazmanian Devil

Kazmanian Devil

Not your average poster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,477 posts

And if the situation were reversed, a guy that banged 4 girls at once, he'd be a stud and all would bow low before him and sing his praises...yet a girl does and she's a slut, a pariah.....how much you want a bet that the very guys that 'banged' her in that situation were part of the bully pack. What heroes........

You've got me here, there's quite the double standard when it comes to promiscuity.

uGTaq3n.png

- COYS -

#50 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,908 posts

I have no reason to believe that is true.

Why rightfully so? What is morally wrong with having multiple sex partners at the same time? Are you a prude?

A person's sexual activity does not speak to any part of their whole person. One would think in 2012 we could start to get over those societal hang-ups. Mother Teresa could be the town pump of Calcutta for all I care if she spends her days looking after the weak.

So if your 15 year old daughter told you she had sex with 4 guys at one time you would be 100% supportive?

Posted Image

#51 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:30 PM

So if your 15 year old daughter told you she had sex with 4 guys at one time you would be 100% supportive?

No, I would council her on the physical dangers of such activity and make sure she is aware how ignorant and mean certain people who will disagree with that choice might be to her.

That's a far cry from deciding she is debased and worthy of public scorn.

Edited by theminister, 25 October 2012 - 08:32 PM.

#52 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

LEGENDARY POSER

• Members
  • 12,573 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:33 PM

POPULAR

"you're a prude if you're morally opposed to a 15 year old girl being gang banged by 4 older football players"
Posted Image

i'm not alone; i'll never be

#53 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,908 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

"you're a prude if you're morally opposed to a 15 year old girl being gang banged by 4 older football players"

Words to live by.

Posted Image

#54 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,908 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:36 PM

No, I would council her on the physical dangers of such activity and make sure she is aware how ignorant and mean certain people who will disagree with that choice might be to her.

That's a far cry from deciding she is debased and worthy of public scorn.

When someone deviates from societal norms they are defined as weird or abnormal.

It is not a societal norm to engage in intercourse with multiple partners at the age of 15.

Do you mean to say that when in high school you didn't snicker behind the back of the greasy kid across the hall?

Posted Image

#55 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:38 PM

"you deserve to endure verbal abuse every day of your life if you're a 15 year old girl being gang banged by 4 older football players"

Where's the logic?

Edited by theminister, 25 October 2012 - 08:51 PM.

#56 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,528 posts

When someone deviates from societal norms they are defined as weird or abnormal.

It is not a societal norm to engage in intercourse with multiple partners at the age of 15.

Do you mean to say that when in high school you didn't snicker behind the back of the greasy kid across the hall?

Moral of the story - if you're banging 4 guys at the age of 15, you deserve any ridicule you may receive.

3Goktj2.jpg

#57 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,528 posts

"you're deserve to endure verbal abuse every day of your life if you're a 15 year old girl being gang banged by 4 older football players"

Where's the logic?

She should've thought about logic before she banged them.

3Goktj2.jpg

#58 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • 12,350 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:41 PM

Deviating from societal norms does not excuse abuse of that person. What is more deviant? Sexual acts or tormenting someone who has done no one else any harm?

Obviously a large difference here than snickering behind the back of someone. And, no, I did not.

She should've thought about logic before she banged them.

Again, she did harm to whom?

Edited by theminister, 25 October 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#59 Caboose

Caboose

Marlies Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,908 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:42 PM

And to clarify.

She shouldn't have done what she did.

Did she deserve ridicule? Yes. Should they have ridiculed her? No, that goes against common decency.

Posted Image

#60 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,502 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Aaaaand there goes your credibility.
You've got to be ???? kidding me when you try to say every person goes through clinical depression. Trust me,
Big difference between being sad and being depressed. I've cried from being sad,
I've hurt myself from being depressed
Posted Image

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.