theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:45 PM

And to clarify.

She shouldn't have done what she did.

Did she deserve ridicule? Yes. Should they have ridiculed her? No, that goes against common decency.

Explain that. Why should someone not have multiple sex partners? Why did she deserve to be ridiculed?

How can you state that she deserves ridicule but that common decency states they shouldn't have done it? You are contradicting yourself.

#62 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

Explain that. Why should someone not have multiple sex partners? Why did she deserve to be ridiculed?

How can you state that she deserves ridicule but that common decency states they shouldn't have done it? You are contradicting yourself.

There are some kids at my school that more than deserve an ass beating that I am capable of laying on them.

Do I do it? No, because it's not worth the trouble and would be just as bad as the actions of the person deserving the ass beating.

f54xok.jpg

Vintage Canuck

#63 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,851 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:50 PM

I have no reason to believe that is true.

Why rightfully so? What is morally wrong with having multiple sex partners at the same time? Are you a prude?

A person's sexual activity does not speak to any part of their whole person. One would think in 2012 we could start to get over those societal hang-ups. Mother Teresa could be the town pump of Calcutta for all I care if she spends her days looking after the weak.

Yes, I guess I'm a prude for thinking a 15 year old girl shouldn't sleep with 4 guys in one night. Having sex at the age of 15, especially with multiple partners, can have some very serious adult consequences.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 25 October 2012 - 08:52 PM.

#64 Dellins

Dellins

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:52 PM

POPULAR

I'd like to thank CDC's resident experts in mental health for chiming in with their expert, well-informed opinions of how the girl deserved what she got.

#65 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:53 PM

I'd like to thank CDC's resident experts in mental health for chiming in with their expert, well-informed opinions of how the girl deserved what she got.

This.
Posted Image

#66 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:54 PM

"you deserve to endure verbal abuse every day of your life if you're a 15 year old girl being gang banged by 4 older football players"

Where's the logic?

I didn't say that, now did I? Not sure anyone else was dumb enough to use such sloppy language as "every day of your life" either.

You did, however, imply someone is a prude if they are morally opposed to girls (under the age of consent) engaging in gang bangs with men who are of age.

Gross.
Posted Image
le temps restitué

#67 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

There are some kids at my school that more than deserve an ass beating that I am capable of laying on them.

Do I do it? No, because it's not worth the trouble and would be just as bad as the actions of the person deserving the ass beating.

I don't understand what this post has to do with mine.

#68 Tig'ol Bitties

Tig'ol Bitties

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,451 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 08:56 PM

POPULAR

Again, she did harm to whom?

Herself.

3Goktj2.jpg

#69 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

I didn't say that, now did I? Not sure anyone else was dumb enough to use such sloppy language as "every day of your life" either.

You did, however, imply someone is a prude if they are morally opposed to girls (under the age of consent) engaging in gang bangs with men who are of age.

Gross.

You were implying support for the ridicule she was receiving, no?

I was disagreeing with zero-one-three that she 'rightfully so' deserved that ridicule for engaging in sex with multiple partners as if that was something so harmful to society that it must be weeded out by torment and ostracization. Yes, if you believe the correct response to someone engaging in sexual activity you don't agree with is to attack them, in any way shape or form, then you are worse than a prude though definitely that. And I will go on disagreeing with anyone who thinks this way.

/ Maybe the better approach would be to help her understand the consequences with her choices may have? Obviously the teens ridiculing her were just as guilty of not knowing the consequences for their actions.

Edited by theminister, 25 October 2012 - 09:07 PM.

#70 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:02 PM

POPULAR

Yeah, so the ignorance parade is at it again.

Perhaps one day the education and awareness about depression and other mental issues will be at the point where people will better understand it, but until that happens, we will continue to get posts like we've seen in this thread.

As I said in the Amanda Todd thread, those who have never been there, will never understand. Depression will always remain one of those things that will be surrounded with stigma.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

#71 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:05 PM

You were implying support for the ridicule she was receiving, no?

I was disagreeing with zero-one-three that she 'rightfully so' deserved that ridicule for engaging in sex with multiple partners as if that was something so harmful to society that it must be weeded out by torment and ostracization. Yes, if you believe the correct response to someone engaging in sexual activity you don't agree with is to attack them, in any way shape or form, then you are worse than a prude though definitely that.

And I will go on disagreeing with anyone who thinks this way.

Where did I imply that?
Posted Image
le temps restitué

#72 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:08 PM

Where did I imply that?

Oh, my mistake then.

Please feel free to also acknowledge that this girl did not deserve to be ridiculed by her classmates.

#73 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:09 PM

Yeah, so the ignorance parade is at it again.

Perhaps one day the education and awareness about depression and other mental issues will be at the point where people will better understand it, but until that happens, we will continue to get posts like we've seen in this thread.

As I said in the Amanda Todd thread, those who have never been there, will never understand. Depression will always remain one of those things that will be surrounded with stigma.

Been where?
Posted Image
le temps restitué

#74 Papua New Guinea

Papua New Guinea

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 182 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

Man, what a trainwreck.

The world's most diverse and pointless country.

#75 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:12 PM

It's funny, they're all ignorant until the Tables turn and it effects them,
Or someone they love.

Posted Image

#76 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:13 PM

Man, what a trainwreck.

I feel so bad for lol'ing.

f54xok.jpg

Vintage Canuck

#77 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Oh, my mistake then.

Please feel free to also acknowledge that this girl did not deserve to be ridiculed by her classmates.

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to atone myself from the sins that I haven't committed, father.

I don't believe she deserved death or ridicule or any of that. But I also believe what a person does or doesn't "deserve" is way, way, way above and beyond me. So far beyond me, in fact, that it's actually just a bunch of hot air to even discuss it. I don't care. The morals of people who don't matter to me... well, don't matter to me.

However, I'm very Paris, 1941 in that I believe responsibility is an essential thing to how we approach life, at any age.

Posted Image

Edited by GLASSJAW, 25 October 2012 - 09:15 PM.

Posted Image
le temps restitué

#78 lee goren rulez69

lee goren rulez69

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 185 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:14 PM

Man, what a trainwreck.

wow, you are one heartless bastard

#79 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:15 PM

wow, you are one heartless bastard

Dupe accounts usually feel like they have nothing to lose.

"Sursumredditio" non usquam in hac mea loquantur!

Ense petit placidam sub libertate quietem.....

#80 Machine Gun Kelly

Machine Gun Kelly

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,492 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:22 PM

Glassjaw. Honestly, you think you understand everyone, and what they deserve. You think you know what they've been through, and what they're going through. So please, just do us all a favor and SHUT THE frack UP
Posted Image

#81 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Dupe accounts usually feel like they have nothing to lose.

Now who's making assumptions :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

f54xok.jpg

Vintage Canuck

#82 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:23 PM

Thank you for giving me the opportunity to atone myself from the sins that I haven't committed, father.

I don't believe she deserved death or ridicule or any of that. But I also believe what a person does or doesn't "deserve" is way, way, way above and beyond me. So far beyond me, in fact, that it's actually just a bunch of hot air to even discuss it. I don't care. The morals of people who don't matter to me... well, don't matter to me.

However, I'm very Paris, 1941 in that I believe responsibility is an essential thing to how we approach life, at any age.

I am not a man of the cloth nor do I believe in 'sin.' I'm glad to hear you say that she didn't deserve it.

For someone who doesn't care, and it's beneath you to discuss, you are certainly doing a lot of discussing.

IMHO, ridicule serves no benefit to a progressive society. End of.

Edited by theminister, 25 October 2012 - 09:36 PM.

#83 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:24 PM

Not an assumption at all, grasshopper. That whole 'loose lips sink ships' thing.

Edited by Bertuzzi Babe, 25 October 2012 - 09:25 PM.

#84 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:25 PM

Not an assumption at all, grasshopper. That whole 'loose lips sink ships' thing.

You know, I'm starting to think BB is Stealth's dupe and he's just trolling us all.

f54xok.jpg

Vintage Canuck

#85 Captain Aerosex

Captain Aerosex

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,619 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:26 PM

Why should sexual promiscuity involve ridicule?

Seriously?

At 15 if you get in a gangbang with 4 guys, you're going to get ridiculed for being a slut, and deservedly so. Before you all bust out the pitchforks, don't get me wrong. It's horrible that she committed suicide, and I've got some serious empathy for her grieving friends and family.

People get ridiculed. They get harassed. You are a liar if you are telling me you didn't harass somebody just because they did something that was either really stupid, nerdy, rude, slutty, etc.

Now, I don't know how much she was being harassed. Some might say "well clearly enough to kill herself." But honestly, I feel, as ludicrous as it may sound, as this girl might be impressional. And by that, I mean she's an overdramatic teenage girl in this generation, might get some ridiculous thoughts from the whole Amanda Todd thing.

Like I said, I don't know how badly she was being 'bullied'. I mean, you have to expect to get a lot of crap for getting in a gangbang with 4 guys at 15 years old. And no, I don't think she paid for her mistake. I think you pay by toughing out the heavier ridicule for a while, and having that mistake overhang you lightly for the rest of your life. People bring it up at parties and whatnot. That's what I'd expect. And I'm sure that was what it was, not horrible emotional torture. But then that brings up statements like "well, everybody's different, she's more sensitive." I just think you have to expect to be harassed for that, and I just can't help but doubt it was worse than what I expect.

I don't know. I'm ranting off the top of my head right now. It's a sad waste of life, I feel for her friends and family, but in my mind I just think this is stupid. I'm not saying this contemptuously, I don't want to be a jerk. Don't know the whole story, so I'm withholding my definitive judgement. But it just seems so ridiculous and stupid.

Edited by Witchcraft and Sedinery, 25 October 2012 - 09:30 PM.

Posted Image

#86 GLASSJAW

GLASSJAW

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,642 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Glassjaw. Honestly, you think you understand everyone, and what they deserve. You think you know what they've been through, and what they're going through. So please, just do us all a favor and SHUT THE frack UP

But I also believe what a person does or doesn't "deserve" is way, way, way above and beyond me. So far beyond me, in fact, that it's actually just a bunch of hot air to even discuss it. I don't care. The morals of people who don't matter to me... well, don't matter to me.

..?

anyway, I don't understand anyone except through my very narrow world view, but I quite enjoy the scenery from here.

I'll certainly listen to the latter part of your suggestion though. This thread isn't for folks like me, you're totally right. Starting....

You mean you DON'T have an IP and name chart to map the comings and goings of inconsequential CDC posters?

...now.

Edited by GLASSJAW, 25 October 2012 - 09:28 PM.

Posted Image
le temps restitué

#87 Caboose

Caboose

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,601 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

You mean you DON'T have an IP and name chart to map the comings and goings of inconsequential CDC posters?

...now.

Where can I obtain such a chart?

f54xok.jpg

Vintage Canuck

#88 Bertuzzi Babe

Bertuzzi Babe

Canucks Star

• Members
  • 9,239 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:30 PM

Seriously?

At 15 if you get in a gangbang with 4 guys, you're going to get ridiculed for being a slut, and deservedly so.

People get ridiculed. They get harassed. You are a liar if you are telling me you didn't harass somebody just because they did something that was either really stupid, nerdy, rude, slutty, etc.

Now, I don't know how much she was being harassed. Some might say "well clearly enough to kill herself." But honestly, I feel, as ludicrous as it may sound, as this girl might be impressional. And by that, I mean she's an overdramatic teenage girl in this generation, might get some ridiculous thoughts from the whole Amanda Todd thing.

Like I said, I don't know how badly she was being 'bullied'. I mean, you have to expect to get a lot of crap for getting in a gangbang with 4 guys at 15 years old. And no, I don't think she paid for her mistake. I think you pay by toughing out the heavier ridicule for a while, and having that mistake overhang you lightly for the rest of your life. People bring it up at parties and whatnot. That's what I'd expect. And I'm sure that was what it was, not horrible emotional torture. But then that brings up statements like "well, everybody's different, she's more sensitive." I just think you have to expect to be harassed for that, and I just can't help but doubt it was worse than what I expect.

I don't know. I'm ranting off the top of my head right now. It's a sad waste of life, I feel for her friends and family, but in my mind I just think this is stupid. I'm not saying this contemptuously, I don't want to be a jerk. Don't know the whole story, so I'm withholding my definitive judgement. But it just seems so ridiculous and stupid.

Re: The underlined part - Too late, pilgrim.

Re: The bolded part - classic bullying attitude.

#89 theminister

theminister

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,143 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:32 PM

Seriously?

At 15 if you get in a gangbang with 4 guys, you're going to get ridiculed for being a slut, and deservedly so.

A liar? Ok, then. You can't believe that there are people out there who don't and have never harassed people? I feel pity for your personal experience in life to come to such a conclusion.

Everyone else has failed to do so thus far so now it's your turn....why would someone deserve to be ridiculed for that behaviour? What good, what purpose, does that serve to anyone?

Edited by theminister, 25 October 2012 - 09:39 PM.

#90 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,952 posts

Posted 25 October 2012 - 09:33 PM

Been where?

You're just being purposely facetious, now.

Clearly when I said "never been there" I meant "never experienced depression".

You're entitled to your ignorant opinions, but just know that you're being a real dick expressing them.

Posted ImagePosted Image

RIP LB RR PD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.