The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Teen Tweets ‘I Give Up’ Before Jumping In Front of Subway Train

nux4lyfe

Explain that. Why should someone not have multiple sex partners? Why did she deserve to be ridiculed?

How can you state that she deserves ridicule but that common decency states they shouldn't have done it? You are contradicting yourself.

I have no reason to believe that is true.

Why rightfully so? What is morally wrong with having multiple sex partners at the same time? Are you a prude?

A person's sexual activity does not speak to any part of their whole person. One would think in 2012 we could start to get over those societal hang-ups. Mother Teresa could be the town pump of Calcutta for all I care if she spends her days looking after the weak.

I didn't say that, now did I? Not sure anyone else was dumb enough to use such sloppy language as "every day of your life" either.

You did, however, imply someone is a prude if they are morally opposed to girls (under the age of consent) engaging in gang bangs with men who are of age.

Gross.

Yeah, so the ignorance parade is at it again.

Perhaps one day the education and awareness about depression and other mental issues will be at the point where people will better understand it, but until that happens, we will continue to get posts like we've seen in this thread.

As I said in the Amanda Todd thread, those who have never been there, will never understand. Depression will always remain one of those things that will be surrounded with stigma.

You were implying support for the ridicule she was receiving, no?

I was disagreeing with zero-one-three that she 'rightfully so' deserved that ridicule for engaging in sex with multiple partners as if that was something so harmful to society that it must be weeded out by torment and ostracization. Yes, if you believe the correct response to someone engaging in sexual activity you don't agree with is to attack them, in any way shape or form, then you are worse than a prude though definitely that.

And I will go on disagreeing with anyone who thinks this way.

Yeah, so the ignorance parade is at it again.

Perhaps one day the education and awareness about depression and other mental issues will be at the point where people will better understand it, but until that happens, we will continue to get posts like we've seen in this thread.

As I said in the Amanda Todd thread, those who have never been there, will never understand. Depression will always remain one of those things that will be surrounded with stigma.

Archived