The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NYPD cop charged with conspiracy to kidnap, torture and eat women.

WHL rocks

Wow! This is crazy.

http://news.blogs.cnn.com/2012/10/25/prosecutors-nypd-officer-planned-to-kidnap-cook-eat-women/?hpt=hp_t3

Prosecutors: NYPD officer conspired to kidnap, cook, eat women

Editor's note: A New York police officer accused of conspiring to kidnap, rape, torture and cook a number of women and eat their body parts has been arrested and charged in federal court.

Here are the latest developments on this story.

[updated at 9:11 p.m ET] A federal prosecutor and defense attorney argued in court Thursday whether a New York police officer's sexually deviant online conversations amounted to "idle, harmless talk" or a real threat to scores of women.Prosecutor Hadassa Waxman contended that Gilberto Valle conducted online conversations "in gruesome detail," staked out would-be victims from his police car and had taken "affirmative steps" to carry out his "operational plan."

"This is not a fantasy," Waxman said during the suspect's initial court appearance. "Each name is real."

Defense lawyer Julia Gatto called the accusations against her client "exaggerated," saying Valle participated in one of thousands of fetish chat rooms online in which people "talk about unreal things." What they discuss may be sexually deviant, but she stressed that no one was physically harmed by her client, who is the father of a 1-year-old child.

"The best (the government) alleges is idle, harmless talk," Gatto said.

Judge Henry Pitman sided with the prosecution, ordering Valle to remain detained pending trial. He described the allegations as "extremely disturbing" descriptions of "depraved conduct."

What made it especially troubling, the judge said, was that the suspect is a law enforcement officer and "he carried a gun."

[updated at 7:20 p.m. ET] Valle, 28, is being held in federal custody without bail after not entering a plea Thursday during a federal court session in Manhattan.

The New York police officer is charged with one count of conspiracy to commit kidnapping and one count of illegally accessing and getting information from the National Crime Information Center database.

At Thursday's court proceeding, his lawyer Julia Gatto said the alleged plans discovered by authorities on Valle's computer amounted to "just talk."

"At worse, these are sexual fantasies with people he knows," the defense attorney said.

[updated at 5:08 p.m. ET] A New York police officer accused of conspiring to kidnap, rape, torture and cook a number of women and eat their body parts has been arrested , the U.S. Attorney's Office in Manhattan said Thursday.

Valle, a six-year NYPD veteran, was arrested Wednesday at his home in Queens. He is accused of illegally accessing a national crime database to locate potential targets, scouting potential targets at their homes and workplaces, and exchanging e-mails and instant messages with alleged co-conspirators about plans to target women, the attorney's office said.

‘Cannibal Cop’ Arrested, Planned To Kidnap And Cook 100 Women

http://www.inquisitr.com/375651/cannibal-cop-arrested-planned-to-kidnap-and-cook-100-women/

A New York City police officer has been arrested on charges that he planned to kidnap 100 women, cook them, and presumably eat them.

Gilberto Valle III, the “Cannibal Cop,” and a co-conspirator collaborated on a bizarre plan to kidnap Valle’s girlfriend and other women in order to cook and eat them, reports ABC News. The FBI’s criminal complaint against the 28-year-old “Cannibal Cop” will be unsealed later today.

Valle, assigned to the 26th Precinct in Harlem, was originally found out by FBI agents and NYPD internal affairs investigators. He was arrested after online conversations with his co-conspirator detailed a plan to kidnap and cook women including Valle’s own girlfriend. The online conversations are said to include statements such as:

“[My oven] is big enough to fit one of these girls if I folded their legs&The abduction will have to be flawless&I know all of them&[Victim 1], I can just show up at her home unannounced, it will not alert her, and I can knock her out, wait until dark and kidnap her right out of her home.

“I was thinking of tying her body onto some kind of apparatus&cook her over a low heat, keep her alive as long as possible.

“I love that she is asleep right now not having the slightest clue of what we have planned. Her days are numbered. I’m glad you’re on board. She does look tasty doesn’t she?”

Officials detail a number of these bizarre conversations but note that the “Cannibal Cop” never actually went through with these sinister plans, reports MSN. “The allegations in the complaint really need no description from us,” said FBI Acting Assistant Director Mary E. Galligan. “They speak for themselves. It would be an understatement merely to say Valle’s own words and actions were shocking.”

The “Cannibal Cop” has been suspended without pay for his Hannibal Lecter-esque plot.

Archived