The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

I believe the NHL has been doing what you suggest they should. PHX has been run by and paid for by the league for the past few years.

And the league does have revenue sharing. They have proposed $200 million in revenue sharing for the 2012/13 season.

So its almost 1am where they are and they are still in talks....wow.

I heard they started around noon today, so thats a long day.

One has to assume thats a great sign, you don't continue talks that late, unless progress is being made.

But you can never tell with these guys.

"Proposed" is the operative word isn't it? And it still puts their revenue sharing below other leagues.

And yes the are paying for Phoenix at the expense of other teams by allowing them to get revenue share money without meeting the same requirements other teams had to. That sounds less like taking full responsibility for all teams and more like robbing Peter to pay Paul

Gizmo, it could make most teams at least break even. The problem is we don't know how it will be shared if they create the proposed revenue sharing committee that will decide which teams get what.

Anyone got more info on this meeting? The only thing I've seen is Aaron Ward's tweets that this meeting is still going on. If this really is the case, it's a pretty big deal cause there's no reason they would be talking at this hour if there hasn't been really good progress.. Shouldn't there be more coverage though? Or maybe I'm just a lot less busier than the insiders on a Saturday night..

Donald Fehr has a war to win for himself and will not give in. He has brainwashed the players here and the whole season may go down the drain. What's really sad is that the players are greedy and foolish enough to believe him.

They need a reality check and need to smarten up they are making a big mistake.

Donald Fehr has a war to win for himself and will not give in. He has brainwashed the players here and the whole season may go down the drain. What's really sad is that the players are greedy and foolish enough to believe him.

Archived