The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

A few weeks back DB made a post and I said it was the beginning of the end. I think we may be getting close to the end of the end.

Anyone who thinks we really know anything of any importance is fooling themselves. We know pieces about part of a few things. Mix that with the inability to see the other side of an argument and the unwillingness to back down and you get what we've seen for the last page or so. Save the passion for when hockey starts guys and girls.

http://www.star-telegram.com/2012/11/26/4439807/federal-mediators-to-join-nhl.html

What is promising to me is Cohen's track record.

Cohen has worked with the players' associations for Major League Baseball, helping end the 1994-95 strike as an outside counsel, and the NBA. He was an adviser to the NHL players' union before joining FMCS three years ago.

Cohen mediated during the 2010 negotiations in Major League Soccer and 2011 talks in the NFL and NBA, along with this year's dispute between the NFL and its on-field officials.

This lockout has got very tiring, frustrating, and more annoying than the ring of fire after a binge of hot wings on wing Wednesday. If anyone wants to go for a cold one and cheer for other sports, I'm game. There isn't much other sport I'd watch, so fine, a game of pool or darts then. Darts sounds good...I know exactly what would make me feel better :)

Archived