The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Gary makes it seem like the Owner's are the one's giving.

THE PLAYERS HAVE GIVEN OVER A BILLION DOLLARS.

And they think offering 100 Million dollars of the contracts they signed and agreed to, is a huge movement.

Give me a break you crybabies, why don't we lock all the owner's in a room with a binky and a baby bottle full of milk until they get it through there heads that this won't be a landslide victory and that they have to give a little bit aswell.

Un-fricken-believable, what a bunch of greedy bastards, I wish I didn't love this game and this team so much so I could just turn my back on the whole NHL, seriously debating it though... This is getting frustrating, I can imagine how the players feel about the whole thing.

The nhl and the owners should be careful what they wish for. They might think 5 year max contracts sound like a good idea, and on the surface they are, as they protect them from a 10, 12, 15 year contract on an investment that is far from being a guarantee. But what about when Sidney Crosby walks away from Pittsburgh after a 5 year deal, what if Stamkos, Giroux, Tavares do the same?

The owners are going to handcuff themselves so much that they are going to regret it after they start losing these superstar players that they invested signifcant time and development in. 7 or 8 year max contracts makes more sense for both sides.

"Term on contract limits is the hill we will die on"... Daly

Edit: Also sounds to me like things are getting to personal. It's why you hire a neutral party to handle negotiations. The owners had the feelings hurt and wanted to walk out of the room cause they didn't like the players response? That's what you call childs play.

Archived