The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

NHLPA GIVEN AUTHORITY TO FILE DISCLAIMER OF INTEREST

Two players have confirmed to TSN that the NHL Players' Association's membership voted overwhelmingly on Friday to give the union the power to file a disclaimer of interest by Jan. 2.

The NHLPA's executive board now has the option of dissolving their union - which would allow players to file a class-action anti-trust lawsuit against the league.

The NHL responded to news of the vote last Friday by filing a class action complaint seeking a declaration confirming the legality of the lockout along with an unfair labour practice charge with the National Labor Relations Board.

While the 30-member executive board of the NHLPA now has the green light to disclaim interest, there are no guarantees that it will do so.

NBA players filed a disclaimer of interest while they were locked out last season, but the players and the league ended up agreeing to a new CBA 12 days later and the union was reformed.

I would rather they cancel the whole season, save my ST money for next year instead of having to watch 48 games squished between Jan-April. I probably wouldn't be able to go to half of them with work, school, etc.

At this point, neither the owners nor the NHLPA deserve any money from the fans for the way they've handled this.

Honestly at this point its beyond beyond a joke.. they should have just canceled the season already if they wanna take it to the courts

Id be happy to hear one of these mornings a statement from the NHL saying they have wiped the season and be done with it.. no one that has been involved with the "negotiations" deserves to make any money at all and I for one and glad they are losing money and that fans are turning on this joke of a league slowly.

Archived