Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

6,228 posts in this topic

Yes, and it takes an especially talented management team to stay non contenders for such a long period of time and not get a decent draft pick *cough* Leafs. This should be referred to as the Leafs rule lol

ARHG, sign it!!! the suspense is a killer....

50% of zero is still zero.

PLAY and get paid something, rather than not play and get paid nothing. .....if we lose the next half of the season then your highest paid guys just gave up 10m in the fight while the low end guys gave up 1m or less in the fight...and for what? To save 7% of their annual income...???????

IDIOTS listening to an EGO is all I have seen in the NHLPA this time around.

SIGN IT

Maximum salary cap of 60 million for next season? This is really killing teams who are good, and have money to spend like the Canucks.

Anyone know how that might differ from what we have now?

ARHG, sign it!!! the suspense is a killer....

50% of zero is still zero.

In the current format, all non-playoff teams are in a draft lottery, however, the winner only goes up 5 spots. So only a team in the bottom 6 would actually get 1st overall. If a team in, let's say, 20th place won the lottery, they'd only move up to the 5th overall pick.

The new format proposes the winner getting 1st overall pick, regardless of original position.

In the current format, all non-playoff teams are in a draft lottery, however, the winner only goes up 5 spots. So only a team in the bottom 6 would actually get 1st overall. If a team in, let's say, 20th place won the lottery, they'd only move up to the 5th overall pick.

The new format proposes the winner getting 1st overall pick, regardless of original position.

Maximum salary cap of 60 million for next season? This is really killing teams who are good, and have money to spend like the Canucks.

1297349144039_ORIGINAL.jpg?quality=80&size=650x

Take it! Or everything is OFF the Table@@@!!!###$@#%#$@^%##

And I mean it this time!!!

Fans/Players

ib2dFrNbSwSDss.gif

...and for what? To save 7% of their annual income...???????

I think everybody should temper their expectations. They manage to get us all excited every time, only to crush our hopes a few days later. I wouldn't be surprised if Fehr thinks he could squeeze out at least one more proposal from the league that would be better, it's still December 2012 after all, and the rumoured drop-dead date is mid-January. So I think we should all expect some back and forth here, and shouldn't be surprised if it again ends with one side storming off.

Ah...so close! Thanks.

Now you're just rubbing it in. MY THANKS ARE OFF THE TABLE!!!

Can you imagine if Fehr has presss conference.....and says something like...

"we are very close, we countered with 8 year individual contracts, and a 6 year cba term"

Can you imagine if Fehr has presss conference.....and says something like...

"we are very close, we countered with 8 year individual contracts, and a 6 year cba term"

i would think that this offer is probably enough to get a players vote.