The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

G-52 if youre a practicing lawyer and have been in the field long enough, you would know this. Unless, you're a junior then the attitude makes sense. I've worked with enough junior lawyers and they're usually the least knowledgeable of the pack and some more ego then brains. The smartest ones know that they don't know everything. I prefer working with senior lawyers who are seasoned and have the wisdom to be egoless.

Just using rough math, I think the league HRR was3.3billion last year..so 57% of that was 1.8billion, the players salaries as it were. Now using that 3.3billion number, but dropping to 50% is 1.65billion...so the drop in salary is roughly the amount on the table in 'make whole' money..thus the 'making it whole". This half seasons cap can stay the same, becuase the owners are tossing in the escrow, basically. Or at least what would ahve been the escrow at last years revenue numbers. There is bound to be a hit on that from the lockout and so players will still lose a little in the escrow process. At least that is how i see it.

4m

Told the NHL is still waiting for the PA to arrive at league headquarters. Meanwhile, this just in...Times Square is mayhem!

CBA mtng now likely closer to 2pm...

Will PA proposal contain "tweaks" and "trades" or will it be an item by item breakdown contrary to NHL request? Probably a bit of both.

CBA mtng expected to begin between 1pm - 1:30pm. Players will present counter to NHL.

4m

Told the NHL is still waiting for the PA to arrive at league headquarters. Meanwhile, this just in...Times Square is mayhem!

CBA mtng now likely closer to 2pm...

Will PA proposal contain "tweaks" and "trades" or will it be an item by item breakdown contrary to NHL request? Probably a bit of both.

CBA mtng expected to begin between 1pm - 1:30pm. Players will present counter to NHL.

They are clearly relying on Ryan Seacrest and the ghost of Dick Clark to solve this thing.

It is a dumb move... I never thought of it. I have been to NYC and the NHL office is only a couple blocks from Times Square right in midtown Manhattan. Yeesh... spring for a conference room in Brooklyn or something.

A term in labour law is not the same as a term in general usage. It is defined differently. In labour law you make things mean something very specific based on precedent and agreed usage. Anyone should know this after a first year contract law class. You do this so that everyone knows exactly what each word means and how it functions. A "Strike" doesn't mean to hit something for example even though that is what it says in the dictionary.

A rollback doesn't mean escrow.

You keep assuming I am using the word rollback as a different term every time you tell me im wrong. At least pick one.

Furthermore the HIGHLIGHTS written by a reporter are NOT the agreement... You are looking too deep into the medias representation of this whole fiasco. Use a little common sense and analyze a little less because the people providing you with the information you are analyzing are idiots and only want to make more news.

Archived