The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

@TramyersCSN

Bettman: "We need to drop the puck by Jan. 19 if we’re going to play a 48-game season."

@DarrenDreger

Bettman says the league expects to work late tonight analyzing PA's counter. Would Explain his prediction am talks could conclude by noon.

@RenLavoieRDS

Gary Bettman confirmed a deal has to be done by January 11th.

lmao. Really?! Someone who has apparently passed the BAR has the emotional intelligence of a 12 y/o who just had their bike taken away. Apparently I gave you too much credit in assuming you were talking about cap hit and not just player salary.

Anyway if we're doing physical threats now, I'd be happy to step in for Provost. I work out 6 days a week, I have a blackbelt in taekwondo, I've won tournaments in Thai kickboxing, and I am currently training in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

Now if we're going to be adults and stop the pissing contest I suggest you provide a more defined legal definition of 'rollback' that only you seem to possess.

The current CBA is a great deal. Whatever small tweaking the NHLPA wants to do to claim they had some small say in it is fine.

Fehr can resign in shame the day after its signed. He lost the union 800 million,. He gave up unlimited contract lengths and now there will be a maximum year contract. He also , lost 7% of the entire NHLs revenue for at least 8 years possibly 10.

This is not what the union hired him for. They could hired anyone back in the summer to get this deal without costing the players 800 mil bucks.

Well I guess the fact that the NHL is taking the night to review it has to be considered somewhat positive, right?

It's not like last time where they dismissed the counter within 20 minutes.

Obviously the NHL will come back and counter the counter. I really have a hard time believing they will accept anything proposed by the union. They want the deal to be there's, so that they maintain their authority over the players.

Also say Dreger's tweet is a positive. NHL seems to have dropped the good/bad cop-posturing, & is now amenable towards actually negotiating. I wonder what would become of the desert dogs if this season were to be kaiboshed?

From the player's pov: Recently read of another tupolev-crash in Russia. Gotta' be unnerving to travel in the KHL. Perhaps they're realizing the standards they've left behind?..

lmao. Really?! Someone who has apparently passed the BAR has the emotional intelligence of a 12 y/o who just had their bike taken away. Apparently I gave you too much credit in assuming you were talking about cap hit and not just player salary.

Anyway if we're doing physical threats now, I'd be happy to step in for Provost. I work out 6 days a week, I have a blackbelt in taekwondo, I've won tournaments in Thai kickboxing, and I am currently training in Brazilian jiu-jitsu.

Now if we're going to be adults and stop the pissing contest I suggest you provide a more defined legal definition of 'rollback' that only you seem to possess.

You gave me too much credit because I made a tongue in cheek comment about a guy that was talking crap to me? I think it is you that needs to grow up. Furthermore on the topic at hand, his entire argument is over the use of the word rollback. It only has two uses which I indicated in pages previous. You cant take words from the English language and just give them meanings willy nilly. It comes down to context, and definitions. If in the contract they define "rollback" as something specific then so be it, we don't have a contract to look at. I'm tiring of this argument because I believe and has been previously stated, it is pointless and is clearly an issue of semantics.

Congrats in Thai kickboxing, useless, but still impressive. I've been training in kung fu myself since I was 7. You will like jiu-jitsu a lot better.

Archived