The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

That is trying to put a rational perspective on things. In reality there has been no real reason not to be playing since they agreed on 50/50 and $300 million in make whole funds (I think that was in mid November)

Nothing else matters much.

There is no gap in the remaining issues that is big enough to lose games over. The league got what it wanted with the 50/50 and they could have ended the lockout.

All of the remaining issues should have been considered mop up stuff.

- A 7 or 10 year deal... not worth losing $600 million in salaries and $1.5 billion in revenue over

- 6 year or 8 year contract length maximums... not worth losing $600 million in salaries and $1.5 billion in revenue over

- A $70 million 2013/2014 cap and getting somewhere around 25% back in escrow for the teams (huge revenue sharing there by the way considering the escrow formula)... is not worth locking the players out for a minute

There is no gap in the remaining issues that is big enough to lose games over. The league got what it wanted with the 50/50 and they could have ended the lockout.

- A 7 or 10 year deal... not worth losing $600 million in salaries and $1.5 billion in revenue over

- 6 year or 8 year contract length maximums... not worth losing $600 million in salaries and $1.5 billion in revenue over

- A $70 million 2013/2014 cap and getting somewhere around 25% back in escrow for the teams (huge revenue sharing there by the way considering the escrow formula)... is not worth locking the players out for a minute

Well there's your pot/kettle for you, for you have no idea how smart I am nor who I am yet you presume to know that I am ignorant?

If that's not ignorance than I don't know what is.

Are you saying I'm ignorant because I'm on the owners side in this labour dispute?

Tell me, what side are you on?

I think most people are on the "Don't care" side.

I am.

All I want is hockey on my TV, and beyond that I don't care.

Why even pick a side? Most of us don't even understand the situation as a whole enough to make an informed choice of who's side to be on.

Screw sides, unless it is the home and away side in Rogers arena.

Enough of this board room ringette. Let's see some hockey.

Assuming the new disclaimer vote passes and they decide to use it today, what happens with Bettman? Would he no longer represent the owners and be removed from the process immediately, or what happens? With lack of CBA, wouldn't the owners be free to speak out (without fear of million dollar fines)? Seriously, I'd like to know. Can you imagine the gong show if the owners were allowed to start slinging mud at each other openly in the media?! This could be an exciting weekend for hockey. *grabs popcorn*

Assuming the new disclaimer vote passes and they decide to use it today, what happens with Bettman? Would he no longer represent the owners and be removed from the process immediately, or what happens? With lack of CBA, wouldn't the owners be free to speak out (without fear of million dollar fines)? Seriously, I'd like to know. Can you imagine the gong show if the owners were allowed to start slinging mud at each other openly in the media?! This could be an exciting weekend for hockey. *grabs popcorn*

Let's here some more positive tweets:

‏@garylawless

Multiple sources - CBA talks picking up pace - still issues but appear solveable - players pushing for a deal #NHL

@Ledger_NJDevils

Sounds promising for NHL settlement very soon

@ChrisBottaNHL

NHL deal edging closer. Hurdles left that will need some time, but you can plan on the season starting in 2 weeks. @SBJSBD

@DavidAlter590

Growing sense of optimism here in the hotel that there will be progress today.... AND.....we wait. #CBA

@MolinariPG

Great to hear all the excitement coming out of New York. Pretty sure this is the first time anyone has thought a CBA deal might be close.

Archived