Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

-Vintage Canuck-

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

6,228 posts in this topic

Anyone wondering why all of these details are flowing out so freely now?

Is this a good thing?

i hope its a good thing as long is it doesn't blow up in everyone's face like last time

Maybe Beckenbaugh should present the Cup instead of Bettman.

Ossi, or anyone else, any idea on a couple of other issues that were being batted around earlier;

Is two buyouts still on order?

Also is there anything to earlier discussions of being able to trade a player, but pay up to half his real dollar salary?

Or absorb up to half the cap to make a deal go...?

Ok so as a review, Centre for Disease Control. The issues at hand:

- Length of CBA (players want 7-8 year max, owners want 10 year max - opt out option at 8 year)

- Make whole amount (players want 393m, owners offer 300m with 50m in pension - both are contingent upon 10 year deal)

- Salary cap for 2013/14 season (seems to be the biggest issue, players want 65m cap, owners 60m - though having no cap on escrow shouldn't create such an issue)

- Pension (seems to have popped up recently, current proposal has players paying pension)

- Max contract length and variance (players want 8 year contract max, owners want 6 year max - 7 for RFA, current variance proposal is 30%)

yep, no doctor is going to say someone coming back from 2 surgeries doesnt need more rehab time to get back to "normal" let alone a professional athlete.

on the CBA front: seems eerily quiet, usually there is some leaking info of what meetings going on/whos in it/what its about. Seems like it really could be almost over.

oh and the longest face to face meeting in well over a month.

Ossi, or anyone else, any idea on a couple of other issues that were being batted around earlier;

Also is there anything to earlier discussions of being able to trade a player, but pay up to half his real dollar salary?

I like the 2 buyouts option....

I am curious to know the timeframe for the buyouts.

Since they are being suggested to deal with next year's lowered cap I assume they will still be active for after this season.

Is there going to be a time limit on this?

They could have changed the goal posts again, but as I understand it the buyouts would have to take place before the 2013/14 season and they would come out of the players' share but not count against the team's cap.

They could have changed the goal posts again, but as I understand it the buyouts would have to take place before the 2013/14 season and they would come out of the players' share but not count against the team's cap.