The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

I don't really like Gary Bettman, but I have to say that he made a very good point today. When he said that the league had been operating with 43% before, which is true.

Latest tweet from BizNasty2point0 kind of ticked me off...

"Fans. The players understand your frustration. But at the end of the day we are fighting for our futures, not yours. That's the reality."

Really Paul Bissonette, I mean the fans are the ones who pretty much pay their salaries and we are the ones who go out and support them, and yet the players say they are doing this for the FANS and themselves.

The players are going to get paid regardless (lockout won't last forever), but what about the people who are provided jobs from there being a season like the ice makers, the ticket scanners, the concession workers, the zamboni drivers, etc...

A lot of those people are usually older people who are working to save up for their pensions or for their families and for a player to say something like this, it just really ticked me off.

I don't really like Gary Bettman, but I have to say that he made a very good point today. When he said that the league had been operating with 43% before, which is true.

Latest tweet from BizNasty2point0 kind of ticked me off...

"Fans. The players understand your frustration. But at the end of the day we are fighting for our futures, not yours. That's the reality."

Really Paul Bissonette, I mean the fans are the ones who pretty much pay their salaries and we are the ones who go out and support them, and yet the players say they are doing this for the FANS and themselves.

The players are going to get paid regardless (lockout won't last forever), but what about the people who are provided jobs from there being a season like the ice makers, the ticket scanners, the concession workers, the zamboni drivers, etc...

A lot of those people are usually older people who are working to save up for their pensions or for their families and for a player to say something like this, it just really ticked me off.

Dear Season Ticket Holders of all 30 NHL teams,

I know this sounds crazy, and you'd be loathe to do this. But if every season ticket holder called into each hockey club and threatened to cancel their season's tickets by Oct. 15th unless a deal is done, you'd make the biggest impact. I know some of you have waited years to get season's tickets, but your voice in a gate driven league would be the loudest of us all. If even half the season's ticket holders did this, the owners and players would get the message loud and clear, and I bet a deal would get done in no time. The rest of us fans would back you up 100%. Let your voice be heard. Send a message to both sides that we've had enough of this stupidity.

Yours Truly,

Ghostsof1915

So is paying a hundred bucks for a ticket.

Yeah the product will be lessor with the kids coming up but they will eventually be like today's pros.

Just a couple years of sub par hockey and we will be back to where it was in terms of talent on the ice (you can bet most of these current players will come back)

I'm just curious if the owners would keep the tix prices down with the "new order".

So you are actually being serious? Hahaha, really?

I'll let you pitch this to all the18 year olds that have dreamed all their lives to be playing in the NHL with their idols.

This isn't NHL2012, you can't just start a new league.

It's not even close to possible enough to be an interesting "what if" talking point.

WHA was a new league that was started. If the players even thought about the fans, how come no one in the NHLPA is asking for ticket prices to go down if they have to give back to the owners. All the players care about is money, that's it. When their contract is up, where can I sign for the most money is the attitude these players have. The players do not have any expenses expcept for paying their agents. I believe the owners have to write a hell of a lot more cheques then we can even imagine. Some of these players are willing to go and play over seas and take someone else's job away at 65 cents on the dollar. NHLPA projects, PROJECTS the league will grow 7% every year for the next 6 years, do you honestly think that teams can afford a salary cap of $100+M. 9 teams make money, 15 teams lose money and 6 are break evenish right now. I believe the one thing tht is going to come out of this is, ticket prices are going to go up once again and the hd blue collar working guy is the one that will py the price in the end becuase 700 players can't live on an average of 2.2M a year. Interesting how we have all these hockey players in the NHL, AHL and Jr hockey, but really how many people are will to step up and become an owner?? Players have no interest in how the fans feel they only care about the money.

Never thought I would hear myself say this: They can do whatever the hell they want, I'm tired of these millionaire owners and players bitchin and complaining over what could be an extra 1ook or two in their pocket. What the f**k happen to playing for the love of the game. It's truly just a business now. You know what else sucks even more. this last Collective Bargaining Agreement was eight years. The player want a four year deal and owners six. Just think, they get to do this all over again in 2016-17 or 2018-19. I'm pretty much done with the NHL. Go Vancouver Giants and Fort McMurray Oil Barons.

Who cares about "Biznasty". The guy is a borderline NHL'er, he'll be out of a job in a year or two. Fans should be for the Owners. It's the players here that are being greedy. Judging by the player interviews, I doubt most of them even know whats going on, most of them are just following the crowd. They are still learning about whats going on.

Dregor said a few days ago that there was a player that said, "If he had to give some money back, he would rather not play hockey at all". I'm really interested to find out who this player is, but unfortunately we'll never know.

Looking at the conferences, Bettman seems to actually know whats going on, while Don Fehr looks lost. This is why the Owners and Bettman are trying to simplify it for them. Honestly, at the end of the day. The Players have more to lose, and Mike Johnson's or w/e his name on TSN is right. In the last lockout, the player's lost the whole year just to accept the same deal that was presented to them that would have prevented the lockout. It would be rather pathetic if this happens again. The NHLPA should just give in. It isn't unreasonable. They're just being greedy and not negotiating at all. At least the Owners are trying to negotiate.

Who cares about "Biznasty". The guy is a borderline NHL'er, he'll be out of a job in a year or two. Fans should be for the Owners. It's the players here that are being greedy. Judging by the player interviews, I doubt most of them even know whats going on, most of them are just following the crowd. They are still learning about whats going on.

Dregor said a few days ago that there was a player that said, "If he had to give some money back, he would rather not play hockey at all". I'm really interested to find out who this player is, but unfortunately we'll never know.

Looking at the conferences, Bettman seems to actually know whats going on, while Don Fehr looks lost. This is why the Owners and Bettman are trying to simplify it for them. Honestly, at the end of the day. The Players have more to lose, and Mike Johnson's or w/e his name on TSN is right. In the last lockout, the player's lost the whole year just to accept the same deal that was presented to them that would have prevented the lockout. It would be rather pathetic if this happens again. The NHLPA should just give in. It isn't unreasonable. They're just being greedy and not negotiating at all. At least the Owners are trying to negotiate.

Archived