The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Please fix cap circumvention. No more front loaded contracts. Term limits on contracts and a higher age before UFA are really important. Teams spend a lot of time and effort on developing their draft picks only to lose them at 27 years of age when they become stars, ie Suter and Parise. This needs to be upped to 10 seasons or 30 years. Since there is a lockout might as well fix all these things.

This Fehr guy is quite the character, I wouldn't be surprised if he caused the NHL to lose the entire season.

Please fix cap circumvention. No more front loaded contracts. Term limits on contracts and a higher age before UFA are really important. Teams spend a lot of time and effort on developing their draft picks only to lose them at 27 years of age when they become stars, ie Suter and Parise. This needs to be upped to 10 seasons or 30 years. Since there is a lockout might as well fix all these things.

This Fehr guy is quite the character, I wouldn't be surprised if he caused the NHL to lose the entire season.

The NHLPA claims the game is going to grow 7% a year for next few years. If they were to drop to a 50/50 split then in 2 years according to their numbers the are going to be at the rate they are at right now. If they miss 16 games this years they lose 20% instead of the 7% and then it will take them 3 years just to break even. What happens when the CDN dollar drops, what happens when oil goes though the ceiling, the players don't have to worry about that because they have guarenteed contracts.

Revenue - expenses=profit Sure the league made 3.3B take out 1.87B for player salaries, 1.43 B is left to cover water, gas, hydro,heat, arena staff, equipment, flights, hotels, concessions and the list goes on and on. Yes I understand teams also get merch money, concession money, TV money and I'm sure there is a lot more. Out of that 1.43B that averges out to 47M a team and there is no way every team is profitable. The players are telling the owners to revenue share, why don't the players kick in an equal amount then to help revenue share. The league has been paying PHX bills for some time now and not to many people are stepping up to buy the team. If a team clears 6M a year how much are they suppose to give to other teams? Are the owners not allowed to make a profit or are they just suppost to break even. The players have no expenses except for paying their agents. One thing for sure is every single player in the league makes a profit, same can't be said for the owners yet they still put a team on the ice knowing that they are going to lose money.

The NHLPA claims the game is going to grow 7% a year for next few years. If they were to drop to a 50/50 split then in 2 years according to their numbers the are going to be at the rate they are at right now. If they miss 16 games this years they lose 20% instead of the 7% and then it will take them 3 years just to break even. What happens when the CDN dollar drops, what happens when oil goes though the ceiling, the players don't have to worry about that because they have guarenteed contracts.

Revenue - expenses=profit Sure the league made 3.3B take out 1.87B for player salaries, 1.43 B is left to cover water, gas, hydro,heat, arena staff, equipment, flights, hotels, concessions and the list goes on and on. Yes I understand teams also get merch money, concession money, TV money and I'm sure there is a lot more. Out of that 1.43B that averges out to 47M a team and there is no way every team is profitable. The players are telling the owners to revenue share, why don't the players kick in an equal amount then to help revenue share. The league has been paying PHX bills for some time now and not to many people are stepping up to buy the team. If a team clears 6M a year how much are they suppose to give to other teams? Are the owners not allowed to make a profit or are they just suppost to break even. The players have no expenses except for paying their agents. One thing for sure is every single player in the league makes a profit, same can't be said for the owners yet they still put a team on the ice knowing that they are going to lose money.

Why should the players have to play for idiotic business decisions of the owners? The owners decided to block a sale and relocation of a bad decision in Phoenix to the tune of $170 million+, the owners wrote the current CBA themselves and forced the players to take it at gunpoint and now they want to do the same thing, you want to make a profit? Here's a thought, DON'T SPEND MONEY YOU DON'T HAVE, here's another, GO WHERE THE MARKET IS. The owners insist on keeping teams in bad markets let the owners pay for it. This whole mess is due to greed and stupidity of the owners, I have no sympathy for hypocrites.

Craig Leopold: Wah, wah, I can't make any money under these condition wah wah, oh here Mr Parise, here $98 million and heres another $98 for you Mr. Suter, .... now where was I, oh yeah, wah wah I can't afford these salaries. :picard:

Archived