The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Wierd, I just looked at the make whole option presented by the NHLPA and I can't tell the difference between it an the NHL offer. It really seems like they are just arguing about the mechanism to honor existing contracts.

Either the owners will honor the existing contracts or not, but that seems to be the critical issue still outstanding. I thought it was already agreed to but if the NHL rejects the make whole offer then I am not so sure...

Some of these player lovers or players themselves can twist it all anyway they want its all just nhlpa propaganda.

An unknown number of players lead by greedy spoiled weasels like Jonathan Toews are clearly to blame here through and through while the average player likely would take this latest deal from the owners in a heartbeat and get back on the ice and enjoy the game and lifestyle they and love and that sets them up for life its a shame.

Players have it made through and through and are clearly spoiled and clearly ungreatful. Like many have said and its very valid give me a chance to play for this deal i would be the happiest guy on earth and be greatful for the opportunity!

Put on a pedestal once considered a good prospect, playing the game they love and working out in the gym for competing for the best sports prize in sports the Stanley Cup making buckets of money traveling North America with buddies on the team then having off seasons spending time with family traveling the world, dating and marrying beautiful women, buying every toy imaginable and mansions then investing and retiring someday and being set up for life with money earned playing a damn game.

Wow they better not give back they are hard done by aren't they! Lol what a joke!

Lol anybody who sides with the players 100% has to either be a fool or one of the spoiled greedy players.

go easy on The Big Luongo, he was focusing on outstandingly hysterical run-on sentences.

More importantly, every single F-ing hockey fan should be up in arms about this simple fact: the NHL and its owners are playing you for chumps. They are making assumptions that you are too simple to look beyond the '50-50 offer' headlines to actually ask questions about the fine print in their offer. They are flaunting their confidence in this by rejecting counter-proposals within minutes. THEY ARE NOT NEGOTIATING. They are merely following PR directions from a pathetic GOP strategist.

If you truly love this sport and this league, then don't walk away or sit around on the periphery until games start up again. Pay close attention and voice your discontent with the current state of 'negotiating'.

I use to think Bettman was the most annoying person to hear speak, unitl Fehr has started with the PA.

Fehr claims the NHL offer will cost the players 1.6B over 6 years. Did Fehr also tell the players that if they lose the entire season the players will lose 1.87B this year? If the season is lost I can not see the game growing the 5% or 7% both sides claim it will, meaning revenue's will be reduced thus lowering the salary cap and reducing players salary for years to come.

At this point, I would not mind seeing the players lose 1 or 2 years worth of salaries. Every single player in the NHL is in the top 5% of income earners in Canada for playing a game. Unlike regular joe's that bust their hump day in and day out.

[Edited for brevity.]

Oh and what are you offering, what item are you addressing here? Sweet "F" all~! lol Just upping your post count to look like a contributer.

IMO the NHL made their current offer instead of 4 weeks or so ago is because like any smart negotiating tactic you use the more favourable proposal first. Then move on from there. But the Owner's know that this is critical to gain a full 82 game season, and if the NHLPA is not going to submit then heck the NHL will. They did and the NHLPA comes back with 3 BS counter proposals. These proposal's as per Bettman states that they don't stray far from their original proposal. But the NHL made a big jump to 50/50. For the NHL to breeze over the proposals is a task only business men can do...who does it for the NHLPA Fehr!?!? Crys'by, Doan Toews lol. Im sure its Fehr and some others which why imo it takes longer for the NHLPA to view the proposals.

Oh and what are you offering, what item are you addressing here? Sweet "F" all~! lol Just upping your post count to look like a contributer.

IMO the NHL made their current offer instead of 4 weeks or so ago is because like any smart negotiating tactic you use the more favourable proposal first. Then move on from there. But the Owner's know that this is critical to gain a full 82 game season, and if the NHLPA is not going to submit then heck the NHL will. They did and the NHLPA comes back with 3 BS counter proposals. These proposal's as per Bettman states that they don't stray far from their original proposal. But the NHL made a big jump to 50/50. For the NHL to breeze over the proposals is a task only business men can do...who does it for the NHLPA Fehr!?!? Crys'by, Doan Toews lol. Im sure its Fehr and some others which why imo it takes longer for the NHLPA to view the proposals.

When I see whiners like Cry'sby and Toews well I lost alot of respect for the players. I don't see any of the owners making "French Cries" comments...the players make themselves look like chumps when they get a mic in the face... Fehr better tell em to zip it. What I see most times during Press conf's are the NHLPA {Fehr} been very childish.

Toews curious why the NHL wants to make proposals public now....SO WHAT~! Maybe it's because he out on the mic sounding all butt hurt and cutting the owners down. Its so the public doesnt look like they are been secretive and unfair like he is making them out to be....He's acting like it's not allowed lol SHUT UP~!

Shane Doan is not helping any either lol What a Chawch~! NHL: "Give me your money and Ill hurt you!" lol WHUT~!

I hope the lock clears the slate and we lose a season just so the players realize that they are not what makes this league run it's US the FANS~!

I use to think Bettman was the most annoying person to hear speak, unitl Fehr has started with the PA.

Fehr claims the NHL offer will cost the players 1.6B over 6 years. Did Fehr also tell the players that if they lose the entire season the players will lose 1.87B this year? If the season is lost I can not see the game growing the 5% or 7% both sides claim it will, meaning revenue's will be reduced thus lowering the salary cap and reducing players salary for years to come.

At this point, I would not mind seeing the players lose 1 or 2 years worth of salaries. Every single player in the NHL is in the top 5% of income earners in Canada for playing a game. Unlike regular joe's that bust their hump day in and day out.

I am truly amazed at the jock humpers on this site... lol..can't see past the name on their jersies...Dont forget alot of these players would gladly play else where for what let me hear it....$$$. Not for you,not becuz you bought their jersey...but for money~! lol I hope they get locked out for the year...Go Owners~!

I think both sides are very greedy and don't care about the fans. Actually they're expecting us to roll right back in the arenas to spend our hard earned money again like nothing happend. I think they view us as if we are addicted to the game as if hockey was some kind of pleasurable substance. I don't think this would ever happen, but we (the fans) should lockout the NHL. If it wasn't for us none of these clowns would get paid. In other words lets hurt them because the sure are making us suffer, and can't seem to come to an agreement fast enough. Whats with all of this time in between anyway? Why can't they just sit in a damn room all together for as long as it takes ang get a deal done?

I think both sides are very greedy and don't care about the fans. Actually they're expecting us to roll right back in the arenas to spend our hard earned money again like nothing happend. I think they view us as if we are addicted to the game as if hockey was some kind of pleasurable substance. I don't think this would ever happen, but we (the fans) should lockout the NHL. If it wasn't for us none of these clowns would get paid. In other words lets hurt them because the sure are making us suffer, and can't seem to come to an agreement fast enough. Whats with all of this time in between anyway? Why can't they just sit in a damn room all together for as long as it takes ang get a deal done?

So, for the most part I have tried not to pick sides in this whole thing. I understand that owners are running a business and I understand that the players only get to play for a few years and need to get everything out of those years as they can. But while listening to the press conferences of Bettman and Fehr while running some errands this morning, I find myself starting to lean towards the players.

Bettman - "I will not go into specifics". Except when they made their offer to the players, the entire deal was leaked to the media in an attempt to sway public opinion.

Fehr - At his press conference he went into the specifics of every one of the deals on the table.

When the league made their offer, the players took time to take it away and analyze it. When the players made their offer, the league dismissed it immediately. Maybe I was getting sucked in a little, but I certainly liked Fehr's approach better.

At the same time though... the more I listened to the two of them go on, the more I was starting to think that there is a distinct possibility we will miss another whole season here.

THIS.

For real, I am a solid Union SUpporter, so far as solidarity of the workers has provided healthier, less deadly living wages to be earned by everyone involved in the labour union movement in Canada over history....but the 'players association' whose least paid member earns 450 thousand dollars a year, for 9 months of playing a game, and being in shape does not speak to my love of the labour movement. I have said from the start: the players lose every dime if they dont play this year..they only lose 5,7,10 or 15% when they agree to a deal that cuts their salary by whatever it will end up cutting it, and save the season. Losing 10 to 20% of your 5 to 10 year lifetime earnings in the NHL is a dumb thing to do in order to 'protect' between 5 and 15% of it.

SIGN THE DEAL YOU HOSERS!

Archived