The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

The NHL is a strange entity...they seem to lack any sense of legal or business accountability, and this CBA negotiation is really bringing all this to light.

Perhaps the only way the lock out be lifted and have players back on the ice is with the old CBA which has been agreed upon, which the NHLPA had proposed. I have to say, the NHLPA is sounding more and more up and up on this whole CBA negotiation, and sounding like they know more what they're doing then the NHL. Maybe Fehr for Commissioner? He reminds me of a brilliant lawyer I used to work for...always 3 steps ahead of everyone and much revered by everyone that has crossed his path...thereafter my experiences with any other lawyer went down hill from there...often more ego then brains. Brilliant lawyers with the right acumen and no ego are hard to come by.

players don't want to take another pay cut, NHL has asked the players to take a 24% reduction in the new cba. Why? Record breaking years the last 2 seasons and your asking the players to take more cut? This doesn't make sense to the NHLPA. NHL is trying to low ball them not sure why. The only clause I like in the NHL offer is max 5 year contracts, thats the only thing I like about it.

it sucks.

In 2005 I sided with the owners

in 2012 I'm siding with the players on this one. They don't deserve a 24% reduction. I know they are millionares, but still, these owners are billionares.

players don't want to take another pay cut, NHL has asked the players to take a 24% reduction in the new cba. Why? Record breaking years the last 2 seasons and your asking the players to take more cut? This doesn't make sense to the NHLPA. NHL is trying to low ball them not sure why. The only clause I like in the NHL offer is max 5 year contracts, thats the only thing I like about it.

it sucks.

In 2005 I sided with the owners

in 2012 I'm siding with the players on this one. They don't deserve a 24% reduction. I know they are millionares, but still, these owners are billionares.

interesting seeing how the salary cap went from a high of 39M after the last lock out to a high of $70 during this lock out and the players lost in people's opinion.

In 2003-04 team pay rolls were before the salary cap was put into the league

ATL 24M

FLA 26M

MINN 26M

NASH 23M

PITTS 26M

Now these teams have to pay a minimum of 63ish M

Without these 30 owners willing to own these teams there would be 700 hockeys players grinding it out 9 to 5 like a lot of fans

interesting seeing how the salary cap went from a high of 39M after the last lock out to a high of $70 during this lock out and the players lost in people's opinion.

In 2003-04 team pay rolls were before the salary cap was put into the league

ATL 24M

FLA 26M

MINN 26M

NASH 23M

PITTS 26M

Now these teams have to pay a minimum of 63ish M

Without these 30 owners willing to own these teams there would be 700 hockeys players grinding it out 9 to 5 like a lot of fans

@NabilKarimTSN

@BarackObama on Leno on @NHL lockout: "You guys make money (owners and players) b/c you have a whole bunch fans out there, who are working really hard, they buy tickets and they're watching on tv. Ya'll should be able to figure this out. Get this done" #TSN #NHL

Archived