The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Poetica, you are being very drama queenish when it comes to making "fan" statements. Please know that you do not speak on behalf of all fans lol I, as a fan of hockey do not care who is on our Canucks as long as the Canucks play for the Cup. I want the CBA signed ASAP also but i side with the owners on this one. Are they greedy? Sure but thats the point of them owning a team to get $$$ and alot of it...when some whiny crysby comes along and says "You are nothing without me! Gimme MORE percentages!" Well I guess we'll see about that...

Poetica, you are being very drama queenish when it comes to making "fan" statements. Please know that you do not speak on behalf of all fans lol I, as a fan of hockey do not care who is on our Canucks as long as the Canucks play for the Cup. I want the CBA signed ASAP also but i side with the owners on this one. Are they greedy? Sure but thats the point of them owning a team to get $$$ and alot of it...when some whiny crysby comes along and says "You are nothing without me! Gimme MORE percentages!" Well I guess we'll see about that...

I wonder if we can create a lockout news thread and a lockout general discussion thread like we did for Luongo trade info. I personally don't care to read everyones opinions and really just coming here to see if anyone has any news. Anyone agree?

No they arent. The owners wont even meet then unless they get to set the agenda. And all the personal insults or spinning isnt going to change it.

Keep fighting buddy. Keep complaining. Keep whining. Im sure it will pay off for you one day.

After a statement like that we all know now that you are new to hockey. Players come and go every year. Some stay for a while, some don't, some get traded some get aquired. Players generally run for the money, example Bobby Hull taking $1M to play in the WHA. The LOGO is everything, it's the team you cheer for. Without the logo you have no team, which means no players of any quality are playing. What happens when one of your favorite quality players is traded or signs else where, do you follow them to that team and start cheering for them? Or you only follow the team when they are good, bandwagon fan you are. Wait don't answer that, not in the mood to read another manifest. If you really want to show the Canucks how pissed you are at them, stop visiting their site.

Everything has become clear now......

After a statement like that we all know now that you are new to hockey. Players come and go every year. Some stay for a while, some don't, some get traded some get aquired. Players generally run for the money, example Bobby Hull taking $1M to play in the WHA. The LOGO is everything, it's the team you cheer for. Without the logo you have no team, which means no players of any quality are playing. What happens when one of your favorite quality players is traded or signs else where, do you follow them to that team and start cheering for them? Or you only follow the team when they are good, bandwagon fan you are. Wait don't answer that, not in the mood to read another manifest. If you really want to show the Canucks how pissed you are at them, stop visiting their site.

Everything has become clear now......

I wonder if we can create a lockout news thread and a lockout general discussion thread like we did for Luongo trade info. I personally don't care to read everyones opinions and really just coming here to see if anyone has any news. Anyone agree?

Your point to dangle from Crosby's jock straps and have others dangle with you has failed...Unlike Fehr The players are not that strong or dominate. Soon my friend the NHLPA will fall. I can feel the mounting pressure on Fehr...and it's heavy. He can feel it too of course. The sweat glands are opening and he is flush with every desperate phone call to Daly, the Mighty Fehr trucks on...But he knows it is a matter of time before the Lappies, Malholtra's and even the Burrow's of the league start talking to him in a tone that is unpleasant to even the most durable of ears. Your continuous effort lacks something....What does lack? Spirit...yes you lack team spirit and fan love sir....that's right I said fan LOVE. This is what the players to lack. They start young with dreams to hoist the NHL's Stanley Cup. They play hockey to pay tribute to a nation's favourite past time HOCKEY! But through the CBA we now see what really dwells within the mind of todays hockey player. It's not about pension plans anymore. Its about owning a piece of that NHL pie that the owners who put up mucho of the own hard earned coin from other business's that they built from the ground up to buy a franchise and join in this huge fray that is the NHL. Do not ask me why the players don't deserve it, better to ask the player what he has contributed the team in regards to the start up and continuous rattling of of day to day goings on in the day and life of a NHL franchise ;) Besides stepping on to the ice...

Your point to dangle from Crosby's jock straps and have others dangle with you has failed...Unlike Fehr The players are not that strong or dominate. Soon my friend the NHLPA will fall. I can feel the mounting pressure on Fehr...and it's heavy. He can feel it too of course. The sweat glands are opening and he is flush with every desperate phone call to Daly, the Mighty Fehr trucks on...But he knows it is a matter of time before the Lappies, Malholtra's and even the Burrow's of the league start talking to him in a tone that is unpleasant to even the most durable of ears. Your continuous effort lacks something....What does lack? Spirit...yes you lack team spirit and fan love sir....that's right I said fan LOVE. This is what the players to lack. They start young with dreams to hoist the NHL's Stanley Cup. They play hockey to pay tribute to a nation's favourite past time HOCKEY! But through the CBA we now see what really dwells within the mind of todays hockey player. It's not about pension plans anymore. Its about owning a piece of that NHL pie that the owners who put up mucho of the own hard earned coin from other business's that they built from the ground up to buy a franchise and join in this huge fray that is the NHL. Do not ask me why the players don't deserve it, better to ask the player what he has contributed the team in regards to the start up and continuous rattling of of day to day goings on in the day and life of a NHL franchise ;) Besides stepping on to the ice...

Archived