The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

As Elvis's ignore list fills with people much smarter and brighter than he....we still await the fall of the NHLPA. Oh how the fans and owners alike will rejoice. The younger generation will once yearn to play like Kovi, Ovi and even Crysby for a chance to skate the arena's of North America with the NHL's very own Stanley Cup. The Lock out will be a only a smidge in the eye of the past. And we can throw the brewskies in the fridge and cook up the hot wings....and in front of my bro's I'll throw on my #1 Aquilini Jersey sit down and watch Shnide's get a shut out...all the while all the players in the NHL shake their heads in embarrassment at Fehr...and Ill LAFF~! @ Poetic as Crysby flicks him off the straps of his Jock Hahaa

Fwybwed you keep saying the same things over and over even though you've been proven wrong on many accounts. (The NHL does not own the Stanley Cup for puck's sake!) If you have anything real to say feel free to share that actual thought based on reality. Otherwise, you're just a little boy singing to himself and frankly you're bothering the grownups.

I think both sides are a bunch of (insert bad word here). But on the first day the owners lose some big money and exposure with the cancelling of the Winter Classic...Melnyk's comments....that there's this 'consession'. By the NHL. It takes two to tangle....lets hope Fehr will give a bit. And the numbers jive for both sides.

Again, not on either side, but wow...i'm a 1982 fan of the Canucks, and i'm so close to being done.

If anyone spel checks me, have ten beers, then come on here and type....

As the list of haters for the Fwy'd one grows so does the lack of faith in Fehr. As some have informed Fehr of thier insecurties the Mighty NHL will continue to hold on. With Talks to resume privately on Saturday. It 's curious to me along with hopes that the players have caved...with one last breath the NHLPA will draw one more proposal out and the NHL will of course pass...But in turn the NHL will already have a proposal ready and waiting....and say "How bout this one!?!?" Hopefully Fehr will just say OK Done! Lets play hockey~! And all these wanna be owner proposal makers can go back to the Arm Chairing threads... ;)

As the list of haters for the Fwy'd one grows so does the lack of faith in Fehr. As some have informed Fehr of thier insecurties the Mighty NHL will continue to hold on. With Talks to resume privately on Saturday. It 's curious to me along with hopes that the players have caved...with one last breath the NHLPA will draw one more proposal out and the NHL will of course pass...But in turn the NHL will already have a proposal ready and waiting....and say "How bout this one!?!?" Hopefully Fehr will just say OK Done! Lets play hockey~! And all these wanna be owner proposal makers can go back to the Arm Chairing threads... ;)

I wouldn't read too much into Don and Bettman not meeting. Quite a few meetings have been between Steve and Daly only. Bad blood is certainly part of the process of dealing with the little dwarf. But if Bettman keeps denying meetings altogether for short spells, it probably means that when they do resume meeting, he just makes Daly go and sits it out. It's not unreasonable to think that he treats meetings like he treats negotiating: by taking a cursory look at the discussion, stating his demands, then disappearing again. It's no surprise he wouldn't go to each meeting then.

True. What do they consider their "share"? I share Gizmo's concern that they're only going to take responsibility for part of their "make whole" provision but still make players pay for the rest.

I say set the value of the contracts at 54% (the lowest share agreed upon in the last CBA) of the 2011/12 revenue number and then hold that hard cap until that number becomes 50% of HRR and then it goes to the 50% linked growth. The players lose all revenue growth over the last CBA, a significant loss. The owners alone eat the overage until the 50/50 split can be achieved (if it's not already if you go off the actual last season's numbers.) Increase team revenue sharing to at least 6% HRR to help the lower end teams. Limit contract lengths (as your other post pointed out was a very smart move for other leagues) to 6 or 7 years. It really shouldn't be this hard!

At one point you seem to indicate that anything less than 57% of revenue was a clawback by ownership and reprehensible. Now you suggest that an eventual 50/50 is OK. I can agree with most of your post above but what does that really mean. Are the NHLPA and the NHL dealing in hard numbers here or a simple gut reaction which I suggest we are doing.

Lots of rumblings on Twitter today. (People are getting increasingly antsy with no hockey) Lots of back and forth arguing between players, media, lawyers and sports writers. It sounds like the NHL didn't make an offer on that make whole provision, they just talked about it on the phone. Indeed they must be working on that right now in this secret meeting.

Jamal Mayers@jamalmayers

@DarrenDreger (3) I can assure you that this is absolutely without question the MOST unified the PA has been since my first year 1996!

Andy Strickland@andystrickland

Several players on #NHLPA conf. call encoraging PA to not push#NHL away and to engage the league

Lots of rumblings on Twitter today. (People are getting increasingly antsy with no hockey) Lots of back and forth arguing between players, media, lawyers and sports writers. It sounds like the NHL didn't make an offer on that make whole provision, they just talked about it on the phone. Indeed they must be working on that right now in this secret meeting.

Jamal Mayers@jamalmayers

@DarrenDreger (3) I can assure you that this is absolutely without question the MOST unified the PA has been since my first year 1996!

Andy Strickland@andystrickland

Several players on #NHLPA conf. call encoraging PA to not push#NHL away and to engage the league

Archived