The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Thanks, theminister. That picture may very well show in my dreams later. And not the good kind, like last season when I dreamed we had a winter classic game against Chicago and beat them 3-1. (Of course, I woke up pissed off that it was my dream and I didn't give Luo a shutout! *lol*)

Anyway,

Pierre LeBrun@Real_ESPNLeBrun

NHL/NHLPA meeting with mediators still going on....

.... You crossed a few lines with that one minister... is that a skinned rabbit? I don't want to know.

Anyways good to hear the negotiations are still on going, I read that before today's talks even began they were planning to meet tomorrow. It seems like they have each issue planned for a day, we'll see if they make any headway.

EDIT: @Real_ESPNLeBrun: NHL-NHLPA meeting with mediators over. Told no progress

http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=410527

"The National Hockey League and NHL Players' Association wrapped up two straight days of meetings with federal mediators in Iselin, New Jersey on Thursday trying to spur negotiations towards a new collective bargaining agreement. Sources indicated that no progress was made and that no more meetings with mediators were planned."

wheee :rolleyes:

Yes, we went down this road in the last lockout as well. Last ditch attempt by removing the gag order for owners to talk to players directly. Shortly afterwards, the season was cancelled.

Katie Strang@KatieStrangESPN

#CBA According to multiple sources Bettman proposed to D. Fehr a meeting between owners and players only, w/ no league or PA staff present.

Katie Strang@KatieStrangESPN

#CBA No response yet from NHLPA on Bettman's idea. Fehr and PA considering the option

Darren Dreger@DarrenDreger

Not all owners would be included in this owner-player meeting. Hasn't been determined. Not sure why either side wouldn't welcome this.

Bill Daly's not disappointed. Stop spewing bullsh*t!

The NHL knew that it wouldn't make any progress before they even started, because they have no intention of actually negotiating any further.

This is absolute greed at its finest. I laugh at the idea that these morons are fighting over money that isn't even there anymore. I like to picture it as if they are both in a room with a big pile of money, and a fan that's slowly blowing the money out of the room. And these two sides are focused on trying to grab the money floating around in the air, while their piles are getting smaller and smaller.

Bye bye money! Bye bye NHL!

Archived