#5551 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 12:46 PM

Lol, and here's a video:

Dude's comment at the end puts it all into context...

Edited by Provost, 31 December 2012 - 12:47 PM.

Protons have mass? I didn't even know they were Catholic!

#5552 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:14 PM

@reporterchris
We've hit the hour mark and talks continue between the NHL and NHLPA.

307mg00.jpg

#5553 Sergei Shirokov

Sergei Shirokov

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,536 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:17 PM

If hockey starts on Jan 15th...could we get more than 48 games in?

Or would they just space out the games more since the schedule will alrdy be packed.

#5554 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:29 PM

A term in labour law is not the same as a term in general usage. It is defined differently. In labour law you make things mean something very specific based on precedent and agreed usage. Anyone should know this after a first year contract law class. You do this so that everyone knows exactly what each word means and how it functions. A "Strike" doesn't mean to hit something for example even though that is what it says in the dictionary.

A rollback doesn't mean escrow.

You keep assuming I am using the word rollback as a different term every time you tell me im wrong. At least pick one.

Furthermore the HIGHLIGHTS written by a reporter are NOT the agreement... You are looking too deep into the medias representation of this whole fiasco. Use a little common sense and analyze a little less because the people providing you with the information you are analyzing are idiots and only want to make more news.

Posted Image

#5555 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:32 PM

If hockey starts on Jan 15th...could we get more than 48 games in?

Or would they just space out the games more since the schedule will alrdy be packed.

If I remember correctly, 48 games gives every team 3 games vs each division member, 2 games vs each other conference member, and 1 game vs each opposing conference member. This is one of the better and more fair ways to schedule a shortened season.

Posted Image

#5556 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:42 PM

I hope we can get some good news no??? Are we expecting some press conference of the result of the talks/update of anything good coming out of this meeting before new year.

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

WIN THE CUP FOR SALO CAMPAIGN

#5557 Baggins

Baggins

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 10,879 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:48 PM

It would be nice to celebrate New Years with a new CBA. But I'm not holding my breath.
Posted Image

#5558 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 21,639 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 01:55 PM

Lol, and here's a video:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Lc6mC6lPnE&feature=youtu.be

Guy's comment at the end. :lol:

He doesn't care about hockey apparently.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#5559 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:00 PM

@RenLavoieRDS
NHL is looking at the NHLPA offer internally.

307mg00.jpg

#5560 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:01 PM

You keep assuming I am using the word rollback as a different term every time you tell me im wrong. At least pick one.

Furthermore the HIGHLIGHTS written by a reporter are NOT the agreement... You are looking too deep into the medias representation of this whole fiasco. Use a little common sense and analyze a little less because the people providing you with the information you are analyzing are idiots and only want to make more news.

I keep telling you that you are using the term "rollback" wrong because you are. You keep changing what you mean by it, and each one has been wrong. I have used different examples to try to illuminate the dark recesses of your mind.

You have admitted that you haven't even bothered to read the posts that you say are wrong... never mind you taking the time to research what has been put out regarding the latest proposal.

Here are the words from Bettman's own mouth.... no rollback. They league took this idea off the table in October and have never tried to go back to a rollback mechanism. Go to 4:48 of this video.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4ZjRychAtko

Edited by Provost, 31 December 2012 - 02:02 PM.

#5561 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:11 PM

@RealKyper
"Hearing a few tweaks in (NHLPA) offer but sounding like no major changes as of now."

‏@RenLavoieRDS
Shane Doan just arrived at the NHL office.

307mg00.jpg

#5562 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:12 PM

You're linking a video of a press conference with bettman... from over 2 months ago as your backing?

That is the most laughable piece of useless evidence I've ever had the displeasure of looking at.

From this point on, I am done arguing with you about this topic. Consider all posts from you on this topic going forward as UNREAD by me.

Good day sir.

Edited by G-52, 31 December 2012 - 02:13 PM.

Posted Image

#5563 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:15 PM

I dont believe a deal will be ready today.......it could happen next few days certainly

One day some of us will look back on the year and look at the chicago, and most of us will realize that it was a small bump in the road to the cup

#5564 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

I dont believe a deal will be ready today.......it could happen next few days certainly

@TedStarkey
I believe the NHL has had planned openers of: Oct. 11, Oct. 27, Nov. 2, Dec. 1, Dec. 14, Dec. 31 and now Jan. 14 or 18.

307mg00.jpg

#5565 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 02:16 PM

You're linking a video of a press conference with bettman... from over 2 months ago as your backing?

That is the most laughable piece of useless evidence I've ever had the displeasure of looking at.

The media highlights of the current proposal and the details of every single proposal since October 16th state that there will be no rollback.

Bettman himself stated as far back as two months ago that there will be no rollback. It has never been put back on the table.

That is pretty good evidence compared with your evidence which consists of not reading anything in the thread or media and inventing new meanings for labour relations terms... then spouting off nonsense.

Everyone except you who is reading this thread now understands fully what rollback and escrow mean. with that in mind I fully agree there is no more point arguing because if you haven't been able to understand it yet, I am not capable of teaching you.

My background is labour relations... not special needs education.

Edited by Provost, 31 December 2012 - 02:19 PM.

#5566 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:02 PM

I don't even care anymore... but I feel like a deal will be reached by this weekend.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#5567 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:05 PM

I don't even care anymore... but I feel like a deal will be reached by this weekend.

According to Sam Carchidi, chance of a deal this week is 15% and chance of a deal on Jan. 9th is 50% but goes up on Jan. 10 and 11.

307mg00.jpg

#5568 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:06 PM

The media highlights of the current proposal and the details of every single proposal since October 16th state that there will be no rollback.

Bettman himself stated as far back as two months ago that there will be no rollback. It has never been put back on the table.

That is pretty good evidence compared with your evidence which consists of not reading anything in the thread or media and inventing new meanings for labour relations terms... then spouting off nonsense.

Everyone except you who is reading this thread now understands fully what rollback and escrow mean. with that in mind I fully agree there is no more point arguing because if you haven't been able to understand it yet, I am not capable of teaching you.

My background is labour relations... not special needs education.

I said GOOD DAY!!! Don't try and belittle me little man.. Ill tune you up in more ways than one..

Posted Image

#5569 wizeman

wizeman

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 223 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:09 PM

The current CBA is a great deal. Whatever small tweaking the NHLPA wants to do to claim they had some small say in it is fine.

Fehr can resign in shame the day after its signed. He lost the union 800 million,. He gave up unlimited contract lengths and now there will be a maximum year contract. He also , lost 7% of the entire NHLs revenue for at least 8 years possibly 10.

This is not what the union hired him for. They could hired anyone back in the summer to get this deal without costing the players 800 mil bucks.

#5570 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,066 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:10 PM

LP
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#5571 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:11 PM

@reporterchris
Talks are done for the day.

307mg00.jpg

#5572 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,671 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:12 PM

From this point on, I am done arguing with you about this topic. Consider all posts from you on this topic going forward as UNREAD by me.

Good day sir.

Dude, you don't know what the hell you're talking about. The fact that you've taken the BAR makes this all the more embarrassing. Player share being reduced =/= salary rollbacks. Contracts are being paid for in full, it's just that "Make Whole" means ironically that not all of the money to pay those salaries comes from the owner's share, only 300 million does. The rest is coming out of the player's share which can only be properly determined at the end of the season. Players always pay into escrow as the player and owner shares need slight corrections once the final numbers come in and the playoffs are completed. It's just that both players on contracts signed after the new CBA and owners will get less back from escrow as Make Whole will funnel much of that to pay for contracts already signed. Players are not getting their salaries rolled back because even without this adjustment of player share, they still pay to escrow. Rollbacks are when their contracts are scaled back by a percentage, often proportionate to the reduction in play share and the cap hit.

Good day, and please do learn the valuable skill of refraining from commenting about things you don't understand.

#5573 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:17 PM

@FriedgeHNIC
Fehr: nhl is reviewing the document, we expect to hear from them tomorrow

307mg00.jpg

#5574 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 709 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:20 PM

Whoa, no insta-rejection? Stop playing games with me :(
Posted Image

#5575 canuck_trevor16

canuck_trevor16

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 12,657 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:24 PM

Maybe we get some good news on Jan 1, NHL just accept the NHLPA proposal and get this season going, please no more rejection

#5576 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:27 PM

@FriedgeHNIC
Pedestrian staring at media pack: "who's there? Obama?"

Lol.

307mg00.jpg

#5577 jovocop55

jovocop55

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,939 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:33 PM

we know the nhlpa will be asking so much that nhl will shoot it down and season over..

#5578 -Vintage Canuck-

-Vintage Canuck-

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 68,249 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

@jessespector
Bettman: "Their response was a comprehensive one... We're in the process of reviewing."

@jessespector
Bettman expects talks to continue tomorrow afternoon.

307mg00.jpg

#5579 Provost

Provost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,781 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:38 PM

I said GOOD DAY!!! Don't try and belittle me little man.. Ill tune you up in more ways than one..

I don't need to... you are doing a pretty good job of it on your own as has been mentioned by several posters aside from myself.

If you are inferring some sort of veiled physical threat (it is clear that you are certainly aren't tuning anyone up with your debating or arguing skills) then you are welcome to leave the boards as that is unacceptable behaviour.

I paid my way through university and spent a decade as a military police officer (go look up the meaning of my user handle Provost)... so I don't take very kindly to threats from some whiny kid with his panties in a knot because he can't admit he is wrong. Experience has taught me that the more some punk puffs out his chest on an anonymous forum like this, the wimpier and less capable he is of fulfilling those threats in the real world.

Edited by Provost, 31 December 2012 - 03:58 PM.

#5580 Primal Optimist

Primal Optimist

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • 11,378 posts

Posted 31 December 2012 - 03:39 PM

@RenLavoieRDS
Don Fehr and and players just arrived at the NHL office in New York.

@NHLPA
Players attending CBA meetings today in NYC: Chris Campoli, Jamal Mayers, Rick DiPietro, Ron Hainsey, Martin St. Louis

Ah great....DiPietro is going to run into the middle of the press scrum, take a boom mike to the eye and go down in a crumpled heap...scratch him for the duration of the new CBA and let insurance pay his wages....

1286820874m_THUMB.jpg
CDC GM League small.png General Manager

Happy Hockey Fan!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.