The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

I believe that the NHL uses the lockout for leverage and that they were not willing to lose another season and all the revenue it entails. I believe they always had this date in mind to make a deal. It wasn't this magical new strategy of getting the owners and players together that magically started productive discussions.

That's why I think this is getting done this week.

I believe that the NHL uses the lockout for leverage and that they were not willing to lose another season and all the revenue it entails. I believe they always had this date in mind to make a deal. It wasn't this magical new strategy of getting the owners and players together that magically started productive discussions.

That's why I think this is getting done this week.

It also means Corrado has a better shot to make it. Expect Hamilton, Murray, Murphy, Reinhart, Rielly and Dumba to make their respective teams. Corrado could be seeing top 4 minutes for team Canada :).

The bargaining committee on either side can't just accept a deal. They can endorse a proposed deal to their respective sides but there has to be a vote by the members to accept or reject. There is no such thing as wholesale acceptance by a bargaining committee at the table. And even then, it's not a given that the membership votes in acceptance.

Archived