The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Well, 1/3 the league is making pretty good profit, 1/3 breaks even or makes alittle bit of money, and 1/3 is losing money.

Its not all sunshine and rainbows being an owner. It wasnt that long ago where the Canucks were almost bankrupt.

The game is growing and there is record REVENUE, but I never heard anything about record profit. While Revenue is increasing, player's salaries are also increasing.

it is difficult to feel sorry for the players espically when they say they lost the last lock out. They went from a top ceiling of 50M 8 years ago to a top ceiling cap of 70M last year. Average salary is 2.2M. A lot of these players make more in one game then most people make in 2 or 3 years. The players should understand that the league has been footing the bill for a number of teams that have been in trouble over the years. Mind you some of that is because Bettman has hockey where hockey does not belong.

I wish the league would say to the players, alright we will take your offer but in order to do that we are going to have to fold 6 teams (losing 120 player jobs) and move another 4 to proper markets. It would be interesting to hear what the players would say to that. Or giving the players what they want in exchange for no more guarentee contracts like the NFL. They can be cut at anytime, kind of like us regular people tyhat can be fired at anytime and lose our jobs.

I will always be hockey fan for the rest of my life but to hear players say they deserve more makes me sick. The fact that our Canucks have a stronge chance of going deep into the play-offs hurts us even more as fans because we lose another year with this core. These players that are considering playing over seas, I wonder if they are getting the same money they would be making in the NHL, more or less? If it's less then how in the world can they say we want more from the NHL but we will take less from the KHL. The owners want more money, the players want more money and the fans are going to pay more money for tickets. Jeff O'Neal said it best this week, "now that I have stepped away from the game, I don't feel bad for the player or owners, but for the guy that has just came home from working his job and is looking forward to watching the game on TV that night"

If there is a lockout I hope it goes for 3 years. When it comes back yes I will watch and cheer for the Canucks as always, but enough of the players crying poor.

The next deadlines after sept 15 are us thanksgiving long weekend and January 1 st. : if January comes and no games, season is done. The pace everything is going it'll be almost 1.5 years before the Canucks have played a game and add one that to the vet ages. Sick of the owners and players whining. And complaining about millions that nobody else ever gets

Archived