The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

Sorry I didn't realize that some citizens, as measured by their bank accounts, are responsible for providing discounted entertainment for other citizens in Vancouver. By the way I don't think Inginla shared his Bank of Nova Scotia advertising commission with the Flamers. After all it was the NHL and the Flamers that provided the venue for his notoriety.

You can get upset about all those owners who making nothing but money but be more constructive. Send an email to the NHLPA and suggest they start another league for their players. Obviously there is nothing but money to be made. Let'em go for it.

Ok, I've heard lots of people on the radio, including Ray Ferraro talk about how they cannot understand the owners going on a big spending spree.

And there is an article in the paper about how the Canuck players don't understand the hypocrisy of desperately wanting to sign players under the old CBA if it didn't work. I mean, if it didn't work, why desperately sign the players.

The answer is simple: All the players signed are in the last year of their contracts coming up, and would be free agents July 1st. The owners and management are betting there will be no hockey this year at all, so they want to sign the players before they become free agents and lose them for nothing.

They are just managing risk, it is totally understandable. But if they think the risk of losing the season is big enough that they want to sign players under a CBA that doesn't work for them and they don't like, that doesn't bode well for hockey this year at all... If Betman was the obstacle last time, he will be the same this time around...

I'm sure lots of people get this already, but why is the media so mind numbingly stupid sometimes? Or do they just not want to suggest that there will be NO hockey this year at all? Even when logic is suggesting it quite plainly to us?

There used to be a thing called bargaining in good faith. The League refuses to use this form of bargaining. Their tactics seem like extortion. If they insist on a salary roll-back, then all those juicy contracts they gave out were done so in bad faith. They had no intention of paying the players the salaries which both parties agreed to. I hope we don't lose an entire season because of poor management and worse marketing on the part of the loser owners who need propping up.

Sorry I didn't realize that some citizens, as measured by their bank accounts, are responsible for providing discounted entertainment for other citizens in Vancouver. By the way I don't think Inginla shared his Bank of Nova Scotia advertising commission with the Flamers. After all it was the NHL and the Flamers that provided the venue for his notoriety.

You can get upset about all those owners who making nothing but money but be more constructive. Send an email to the NHLPA and suggest they start another league for their players. Obviously there is nothing but money to be made. Let'em go for it.

I am confused by what you mean.

Are you suggesting that if the full season is lost then they won`t lose a year?

Because in 04-05, they did lose a year on the contracts; but that what was agreed upon, which means that they could agree either way for this round IF a full season is lost.

If the lock-out is only a half season - then still a year would be deducted from their contracts.

Since the NHL locked out, there could be a possibility of the nhl comming back. Even though this won't happen i will still throw it out there. The Nhl should have the playoffs start in febuary with all the teams and all the bad teams go up against each other and all the good teams up against each other. so it would look like this... [NOTE] divisions don't matter

COLUMBUS VS NY ISLANDERS

L.A. vs NY RANGERS

VANCOUVER VS BOSTON :bigblush:

OTTAWA VS PHOENIX

MONTREAL VS TORONTO

SAN JOSE VS ST LOUIS

EDMONTON VS FLORIDA

NEW JERSEY VS WINNIPEG

MINNESOTA VS BUFFALO

NASHVILLE VS PITTSBURGH

TAMPA BAY VS COLORADO

CAROLINA VS CALAGARY

DETROIT VS PHILLY

DALLAS VS ANAHEIM

CHICAGO VS BUFFALO

This is something I've been thinking about too. But instead of a bad team vs bad team and a good team vs good team set up, how about a 28 team playoff? Disperse Phoenix and the NY Islanders and have a dispersal draft before, or after the playoffs.

loving this from selanne

• Teemu Selanne put Gary Bettman on blast in his Finnish language blog: “Gary Bettman has been the boss of the NHL for almost 20 years. He was hired to bring the salary cap and that is what he also did. 2 times there has been a threat of lockout during his reign and in both cases there has also been a lockout. So this is the third! He must be the most hated person in NHL. In every NHL arena he gets booed. The fans know! He makes over $ 8 million in a year. Would Mr Bettman be willing to give up his salary, and give a part of to these ‘poor’ teams? Hmm… interesting question.”

http://nhl-northeast.com/torontomapleleafs/selanne-blasts-bettman-nhl-players-head-to-europe-trevor-gillies-khl-fight-puck-headlines-puck-daddy/

Archived