The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

I remember back when the canadian dollar sucked that Canadian fans felt VERY different about revenue sharing. Just saying. I don't understand how people can, for example, say that weaker teams shoudl be folded, and then complain about the original Jets franchise leaving. It was the smallest market when it left.

I remember back when the canadian dollar sucked that Canadian fans felt VERY different about revenue sharing. Just saying. I don't understand how people can, for example, say that weaker teams shoudl be folded, and then complain about the original Jets franchise leaving. It was the smallest market when it left.

The difference was and always will be, is that Winnipeg is a HOCKEY MARKET. Phoenix isn't, hasn't, and never will be one of those. Could you imagine the NHL without the 7 teams? Revenue sharing was a necessity because it wasn't just Winnipeg, Calgary, Edmonton, and Ottawa that needed it, all the Canadian teams did.

IT IS NOT THE PLAYERS DECISION TO BE LOCKED OUT!!! GET THAT THROUGH YOUR THICK SKULL.

Think of it this way the owners have the keys to the arenas and therefore are the ones who get to fricken lock the doors on the players. Thereby Locking out the players who want to come in and play hockey. The players could all stand up and say lock us out but if the owners don't do it there is no lockout. What is so hard to understand about that?

IF THERE IS A LOCKOUT THE MONEY THE PLAYERS WILL EARN COMES FROM THE NHLPA ESCROW HOLDINGS SO IT HAS EVERYTHING TO DO WITH A LOCKOUT!!!!

If you can't understand this then I see you have zero understanding of the situation and a very limited intellgence to be able to grasp very simple concepts and I wish you luck in your life.

The owners have said the doors are open if you agree to our proposal. If you (the players) don't agree to our offer or something close to it, we lock you out. Whose decision is it? It's up to the players to decide, the owners have made their offer. The palyers will decide if there is a lock out or not, how hard is this to understand (of course the owners are the ones who will lock the doors but they have set it up so that the players will decide if they have to lock those doors).

The escrow is NOT controlled by the NHLPA. The escrow is divided between players and owners at the end of each season when the final revenue numbers are in. The escrow for last year has been dealt with. The union might have a strike or lock-out fund, that I do not know but it has zero to do with the CBA escrow.

It is called CBA negotiations because both sides must be willing to comprimise on certain issues. If it is as you say the NHL's stance is basically accept our propsal or lockout that is not negotiation that is called BLACKMAIL and that is on the owners and NHL at that point, not the players who were there to NEGOTIATE.

"Myth No. 1: That Gary Bettman promised ticket prices would fall when the owners got the deal they wanted back in 2005."

I remember people that were on the owners' side in the last labour dispute making the argument that ticket prices would fall with a hard salary cap.

I didn't believe it then, and it has certainly not happened.

The canucks, for example, are a high revenue team that makes a good profit every year..

It'd be nice if they lowered ticket prices, but they consistently sell out Rogers, so why bother?

They've made a huge investment in the team so they have the right to make a profit.

Archived