6226 replies to this topic

#2131 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,663 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:25 PM

I don't know how the owners can be happy when they're paying Bettman 6 million dollars a year and he can't even negotiate regular meetings with the NHLPA.

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#2132 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,808 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:28 PM

I don't know how the owners can be happy when they're paying Bettman 6 million dollars a year and he can't even negotiate regular meetings with the NHLPA.

*8 million. You're right, Bettman is a pretty incompetent negotiator.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#2133 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:38 PM

After a statement like that we all know now that you are new to hockey. Players come and go every year. Some stay for a while, some don't, some get traded some get aquired. Players generally run for the money, example Bobby Hull taking $1M to play in the WHA. The LOGO is everything, it's the team you cheer for. Without the logo you have no team, which means no players of any quality are playing. What happens when one of your favorite quality players is traded or signs else where, do you follow them to that team and start cheering for them? Or you only follow the team when they are good, bandwagon fan you are. Wait don't answer that, not in the mood to read another manifest. If you really want to show the Canucks how pissed you are at them, stop visiting their site.

Everything has become clear now......

Well, thank you for the condescending explanation of how a team works and sharing your "fan-ier than thou" attitude in lieu of any actual contribution to the conversation. Unfortunately, it doesn't prove your fan cred like you think it does. I'm a fan of this team because I think that logo means something.

Yes, players come and go and the team changes over time, but don't fool yourself into thinking you're a "real" fan because you're saying you'd cheer for any hockey player of any skill level they iced wearing Canucks gear. If you actually support this team, you hold them to a certain standard. Pulling out that old "bandwagon fan" chestnut by trying to compare rebuilding years on the actual team with a team of replacement players not even up to being 4th liners now only shows how little value you place on that logo.

If your support is only logo deep, why are you here at all? Wouldn't it be easier to just mail in your blind loyalty money?
Go, Canucks, Go!
Every single one of them.

Thanks for the memories, Luo! :'(

#2134 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:39 PM

Too bad the fans in TOR don't unite under a seasons ticket holder union. Fan's union: "Go back to the bargaining room, or we will cancel and ask for a refund for 100% of our seasons tickets."

It'll never happen, but it would be fun to watch.

#2135 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:41 PM

Start some Riots!

Posted Image

#2136 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:42 PM

After a statement like that we all know now that you are new to hockey. Players come and go every year. Some stay for a while, some don't, some get traded some get aquired. Players generally run for the money, example Bobby Hull taking $1M to play in the WHA. The LOGO is everything, it's the team you cheer for. Without the logo you have no team, which means no players of any quality are playing. What happens when one of your favorite quality players is traded or signs else where, do you follow them to that team and start cheering for them? Or you only follow the team when they are good, bandwagon fan you are. Wait don't answer that, not in the mood to read another manifest. If you really want to show the Canucks how pissed you are at them, stop visiting their site.

Everything has become clear now......

We've known where you stand for some time, and to suggest that the logo is the only thing fans cheer for on a team is blatantly false. Do fans only look at the final scores and the overall standings, or do they also look at who scored, what player made the biggest hit, or which goalie made the best save?

If players didn't matter then why sell jerseys with names and numbers on them? If the quality of the on ice-product mattered less than wins, then why wouldn't owners just pay the guys from the beer league championship team $50,000 a year to beat the equivalent from another town?

Does the team matter? Sure, but to suggest the players have no bearing on how much you care about a team because they play and move on is to suggest that you don't really care about the family cat or dog because they have shorter life spans.

Your family crest must say, "I'm a fan of the family name, not who's in it," at the bottom.

schroedersig2_by_elvis15-d5szksn.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#2137 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:47 PM

I wonder if we can create a lockout news thread and a lockout general discussion thread like we did for Luongo trade info. I personally don't care to read everyones opinions and really just coming here to see if anyone has any news. Anyone agree?

It might be time for me to just put those two on ignore and enjoy the company of people who are open to opinions and discussing things intelligently. Too bad there's nothing to discuss because the NHL won't even come to the table.

#2138 EmployeeoftheMonth

EmployeeoftheMonth

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 18,367 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 02:49 PM

Drybone, are you just a troll or actually that willfully and determinedly ignorant?

Sadly tomdavie\pinhead\drybone has always made the choice to be the latter.
Posted Image
Posted Image

#2139 250Integra

250Integra

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,072 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 03:31 PM

Mobile
Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image
Thanks for the Memories Canada!!!
Thanks for everything Naslund!
Original creator of the WWE and the Rate my sig / Showoff thread

#2140 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:26 PM

Your point to dangle from Crosby's jock straps and have others dangle with you has failed...Unlike Fehr The players are not that strong or dominate. Soon my friend the NHLPA will fall. I can feel the mounting pressure on Fehr...and it's heavy. He can feel it too of course. The sweat glands are opening and he is flush with every desperate phone call to Daly, the Mighty Fehr trucks on...But he knows it is a matter of time before the Lappies, Malholtra's and even the Burrow's of the league start talking to him in a tone that is unpleasant to even the most durable of ears. Your continuous effort lacks something....What does lack? Spirit...yes you lack team spirit and fan love sir....that's right I said fan LOVE. This is what the players to lack. They start young with dreams to hoist the NHL's Stanley Cup. They play hockey to pay tribute to a nation's favourite past time HOCKEY! But through the CBA we now see what really dwells within the mind of todays hockey player. It's not about pension plans anymore. Its about owning a piece of that NHL pie that the owners who put up mucho of the own hard earned coin from other business's that they built from the ground up to buy a franchise and join in this huge fray that is the NHL. Do not ask me why the players don't deserve it, better to ask the player what he has contributed the team in regards to the start up and continuous rattling of of day to day goings on in the day and life of a NHL franchise ;) Besides stepping on to the ice...

#2141 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:47 PM

Your point to dangle from Crosby's jock straps and have others dangle with you has failed...Unlike Fehr The players are not that strong or dominate. Soon my friend the NHLPA will fall. I can feel the mounting pressure on Fehr...and it's heavy. He can feel it too of course. The sweat glands are opening and he is flush with every desperate phone call to Daly, the Mighty Fehr trucks on...But he knows it is a matter of time before the Lappies, Malholtra's and even the Burrow's of the league start talking to him in a tone that is unpleasant to even the most durable of ears. Your continuous effort lacks something....What does lack? Spirit...yes you lack team spirit and fan love sir....that's right I said fan LOVE. This is what the players to lack. They start young with dreams to hoist the NHL's Stanley Cup. They play hockey to pay tribute to a nation's favourite past time HOCKEY! But through the CBA we now see what really dwells within the mind of todays hockey player. It's not about pension plans anymore. Its about owning a piece of that NHL pie that the owners who put up mucho of the own hard earned coin from other business's that they built from the ground up to buy a franchise and join in this huge fray that is the NHL. Do not ask me why the players don't deserve it, better to ask the player what he has contributed the team in regards to the start up and continuous rattling of of day to day goings on in the day and life of a NHL franchise ;) Besides stepping on to the ice...

stop crying for the billionaires
Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#2142 ccc44

ccc44

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,423 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 04:56 PM

The PA should have just negotiated the best deal they could off of the NHL's last proposal. Now they've royally screwed us all.
Some owners were pissed that the NHL even offered more than 47 to the players.
Now we're going to miss a whole season and the PA is going to end up signing a deal that is worse than the NHL's last offer.

The NHL could have been back in 2 days.

I think Bettman ends up getting fired because the players are going to get hold out until they get what they want or the NHL folds and these bullying tatics Bettman is trying use will slap him right in the face this time .

In my opinion maybe half the owners at most are in favor of this lockout

Edited by ccc44, 01 November 2012 - 05:01 PM.

Posted Image
SHOTS ! SHOTS ! SHOTS !

#2143 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:02 PM

Your point to dangle from Crosby's jock straps

Wait, Crosby needs 2 (or more?!) jock straps? Should we congratulate him or send him a sympathy card?

Soon my friend the NHLPA will fall.

Does the crystal ball tell you anything else? Wanna help me bet on some horses later?

Spirit...yes you lack team spirit and fan love sir....that's right I said fan LOVE.

I don't know if that was directed at me or not. But regardless, I think it's pretty silly to argue against anyone's "fan love" if they're here during a lockout trying to understand why there's no hockey on instead of finding something else to do.

They start young with dreams to hoist the NHL's Stanley Cup.

Not the NHL's cup. Haven't we had this discussion before?

Its about owning a piece of that NHL pie that the owners who put up mucho of the own hard earned coin from other business's that they built from the ground up to buy a franchise and join in this huge fray that is the NHL.

I'm sorry, which teams' owners are you talking about? Owners like the Molson family who inherited their money (from a brewery founded 1786, so I'm guessing they weren't there for that "ground floor") that they used to buy Montreal (again)? Or maybe like Francesco Aquilini and his 2 brothers who work in their daddy's well established company?

Which team's owner started with nothing but a lemonade stand and a dream and built their way up from a life of poverty to being one of the richest people on the planet and did it only with hard work, spunk and determination?

And which player never had to work hard from childhood just for a shot at making it into the NHL?

Do not ask me why the players don't deserve it, better to ask the player what he has contributed the team in regards to the start up and continuous rattling of of day to day goings on in the day and life of a NHL franchise ;) Besides stepping on to the ice...

How about instead of asking, I tell you (again!) The players contributed by being the PRODUCT. Owners make money not just from the players playing hockey but also from their names and faces. The players' names and faces represent a significant revenue stream for every team. And the players the ones who go to fan events and sell even more by meeting with the fans, signing autographs, etc. The players are the ones doing the majority of charity events and photo ops that probably bring in tax breaks for the team and certainly serve as PR for the company. The players contribute a lot to the bottom line of their team. The fact is, big name players like Crosby have personally contributed more to the bottom line of their team via the use of their name and face than have any of the owners.

Feel free, at any point, to actually address the many facts and opinions I and others have offered in response to your messages instead of just offering another weird player hating rant. (I mean really, did Crosby run over your dog or something?)
Go, Canucks, Go!

#2144 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

It might be time for me to just put those two on ignore and enjoy the company of people who are open to opinions and discussing things intelligently. Too bad there's nothing to discuss because the NHL won't even come to the table.

Drybone maybe, he just repeats the same thing over and over.

No way am I blocking fwybbed. Way too entertaining. It's like youtube comments that became sentient.

#2145 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 20,345 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 05:36 PM

And which player never had to work hard from childhood just for a shot at making it into the NHL?

Well, there is Yashin. He's even still taking home an NHL paycheque.

#2146 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:12 PM

Well, there is Yashin. He's even still taking home an NHL paycheque.

He's definitely the exception for not having to work for it now, but I'm sure even he had to work to build his skills before getting drafted and later screwing over a team.
Go, Canucks, Go!

#2147 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:24 PM

That's pathetic that Minnesota signed Parise and Suter to those ridiculous contracts and now they can't even afford them. That's the only reason those two guys went to Minnesota really. So they were basically tricked into signing lifetime contracts.

If Minnesota can't pay them, void the contract and let them become free agents again.

Since when? If Minny cannot pay them then the team is bankrupt. The contract has to be enforced. There is no such thing that a contract can be walked away from. I might tentatively be still supporting the owners but a contract is a contract. If Minny is bankrupt then have a dispersal draft with the caveat being that whoever picks up a player has to honour the existing Minnie contract. I am all for the hammer dropping on irresponsible actions whether owner or player.

#2148 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,710 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:46 PM

One fear relating the lockout between the NHL and the Players' Association is what comes after the resolution.

The NHL is in its second lockout in seven years (third work stoppage in 20) and on a personal note, Ottawa Senators owner Eugene Melnyk is obviously far from happy.

Melnyk told Prime Time Sports on Wednesday that he once was a huge baseball fan until the strike in 1994 ended his fandom.

"Back in '94, I was a rabid baseball fan, I'm talking like a 40-45 game guy when I still lived in Toronto, I saw the World Series and (the Blue Jays) winning it, went to Atlanta; I was a crazy, crazy baseball fan and after the strike I was gone," Melnyk said. "(I'm) extremely disappointed like any fan of where we are, we should be playing hockey by now."

Hockey fans are in uproar over the current situation with backlash aimed towards both the owners and players, although Melnyk said the bottom line is there's no hockey.

"Everybody can finger point all they want but at the end of the day I don't think anybody cares who's at fault, all they know is we're not playing hockey," Melnyk said.

With a done deal looking gloomy, the whole season could be cancelled along with the Winter Classic between the Toronto Maple Leafs andDetroit Red Wings scheduled for Jan. 1.

"I think it's an important part of the game," Melnyk said. "It's got a huge audience, (it's) extremely profitable for the NHL which means it's also profitable for everyone else. It has become a marquee event that I think is very, very important to everyone."

If the Winter Classic does get cancelled, the league will reportedly be looking at a loss upwards of $15 million.

With the loss of 125 games as of Oct. 31 and quite possibly the full season being cancelled, the league could lose a part of a significant component when the dispute is resolved: fans.

The once baseball-crazed Melnyk only has the following to say about the sport today.

"I know theres a guy called Rodriguez who makes a lot of money, I couldn't name you another player and I don't care."

Posted Image

#2149 The Bookie

The Bookie

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,746 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 06:52 PM

So tomorrow's the day, right? Does the NHL have until midnight tonight to cancel the WC, or is there a set deadline sometime tomorrow?

#2150 gizmo2337

gizmo2337

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 951 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 07:11 PM

The WC is getting cancelled (probably tomorrow) barring some last minute, behind the scenes miracle.

Sarcasm: The season is lost, the sky is falling!!! Next season is in jeopardy as well with the cap possibly being put back on the table. In other news, the league leading revenue team has their best start of the season since the last CBA expired, undefeated into November!

Sarcasm off: It's unfortunate, but the only way to kick both parties in the nuts is for fans in the top 5-7 teams to stop spending and cancel seasons tickets. TOR would be highest on that list. VAN is not too far behind. It won't happen, so the league under Batman continues to have the power. They need a dose of Kryptonite!! Seriously

#2151 pomorick

pomorick

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 507 posts

Posted 01 November 2012 - 10:53 PM

If I was an average NHL player who has played in the league for 5 years and have 5 million in the bank and just received $150,000 from escrow I am thinking go ahead cancel the season. I have 5 years left and a year to recover from all the cumulative injuries might actually extend that by a year or two. There's no way I'm backing down from that little weasel Bettman. Afterall I am a hockey player, a damn good one and I am a team player. Oh and I DO NOT LIKE TO LOSE!!!!
The lockout is the new version of NHL entertainment. A bit more like poker than hockey. The Count has seized center stage and has been casting melting glances at his nemesis the iceman without result much to his confusion.
In this battle I support the players 100 percent.

Edited by pomorick, 01 November 2012 - 10:54 PM.

#2152 canuckelhead70

canuckelhead70

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 04:49 AM

To date during the lockout, about 200 NHL players have gone abroad to play hockey. Players like Claude Giroux (German Elite league), Evgeni Malkin (KHL) and Matt Duchene (Swedish Elite league) have gone overseas.
We are, however, also seeing players get hurt. Guys like New Jersey Devils defenceman Anton Volchenkov, Boston Bruins goalie Tuukka Rask and Philadelphia Flyers forward Jakub Voracek have suffered injuries.
So here's the question: is there a risk that players could effectively be fired by a team if they get seriously hurt?
The answer is yes.
When players agree to play for an NHL team, they sign what's called a Standard Player's Contract - or SPC. Section 14 of the SPC provides that a team may terminate a player's contract if the player shall "fail, refuse or neglect to render his services hereunder or in any other manner materially breach" his contract.
So if a player suffers a career ending injury while playing abroad and that player therefore fails to deliver his services, a team could rely on Section 14 to cut him (or terminate his contract). If the team successfully terminates the contract, it wouldn't have to pay out what's left on the player's contract.
What if a player gets hurt playing overseas and misses some of the NHL season but is ultimately able to come back and play? In keeping with Section 5 of the SPC, a team can suspend him without pay until he's ready to play.
A team's ability impose penalties on players who get injured playing during the lockout is not a surprise to the NHLPA. The NHLPA addressed this by way of a Q&A memo to players in September:
Q: If I am currently under contract to an NHL Club and am injured while playing in another league during a lockout, how will my SPC be treated after the lockout is over?
A: We expect that your NHL Club would suspend you without pay until you are fit to play. There also is a possibility that the Club might take other disciplinary action. The NHLPA may be able to dispute such suspensions and disciplinary actions under the grievance and arbitration procedure.
By "other disciplinary action", the NHLPA, in part, is presumably referring to terminating a player's contract.
The NHLPA would vigorously fight any attempt by a team to terminate a contract. It would also contest an unreasonable suspension. That's why in the Q&A, the NHLPA said it could go the way of "grievance and arbitration" to fight for a player and his contract.
So given the risk of injury, the NHLPA, in that same Q&A, recommended that players get their contracts insured: "if you intend to play for a club in another league during a lockout, we recommend that you ask that club to insure the value of your SPC against injury. If the club is unwilling to do so, we recommend that you purchase disability insurance on your own."
And that's what players have been doing. It's a rough estimate, but it can cost somewhere between $10,000 to $25,000 per $1 million to insure a player's contract. So a player with a $5 million contract might have to pay $100,000 in insurance.
Overall, there is serious risk associated with NHL players playing abroad during the lockout. However, if they are properly insured, some might be able to mitigate that risk. Still, though, the situation is far from ideal.
Eric Macramalla is TSN's Legal Analyst and can be heard each week on TSN Radio 1050. You can follow him on Twitter @EricOnSportslaw.

#2153 Boudrias

Boudrias

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,058 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 08:18 AM

Just as a point of interest. The NFL currently has $45 billion in TV contracts. Terms variable. Average team worth $1.1 billion. Dallas Cowboys most profitable at $227 mil. Average attendance: 85512 fans. 5 million Facebook fans. 31 million fans tuned into their Thanksgiving game against the Dolphins. The NHL has a way to go.

Many in Canada do not want to accept the reality that the future of the NHL resides in USA media sales. Gate driven franchises like the Oilers, Flames and Sens do not really support that goal. The irony is that Canadian clubs are currently keeping the league afloat. Even so, the main business goal has to be expansion of USA TV revenue. I suspect there is great unity amongst NHL ownership in that goal. It suggests the aggressive negociating posture by ownership as one of finally getting their ducks in a row prior to negociating a bigger TV contract, possibly with ESPN.

#2154 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:36 AM

Oh players, my players....What are you trying to do? Why must we go through this? Why must you torture yourselves and others? You are losing! You are losing money as we speak, as another 2 weeks of pay rolls around the circle of the drain.....I read that 850,000.00 is not going to paid out again...to just one player to lose that kind of money, oh that must hurt. All the while owners are clearing out the registers in the other prominate businesses like Molson or Aquilini's family biz....Your fans most hanging from the bum straps of Crysby jock vouch and scream injustice in your name, as you make the HARD decision to play over seas as a scab. How easy it is for you to be off and running when things dont go your way...right Luongo. And to think I own 2 of his jersies. Oh well the Canucks need not worry I was seriously thinking of going out this weekend and getting the name changed to AQUILINI. Better yet since I am a fan of the Canucks, maybe Ill get pick up a new jersy. Choices are tough...Burrows or Lappi or maybe even a SEDIN...which one though....sigh tough times as a fan of the Canucks deciding on a jersy for myself...so many players coming and going its like trying see who is in it for the long haul...you never know the twins may get traded next year WOW. To think just seconds ago you read I was possibly going to buy thier jersey....its a sight when I go to games and see Bertuzzi and Morrison Jersies....can these fans not afford new ones are they nostalgic? Who cares...right it's the choice they make...as fans and as long as it has the beloved Nucks Logo flashing on the front it don't matter who is on the back...hell maybe Ill put FWYBWED on the back of my jersey...So as you read my musings and cringed at my grammar another NHL player's cheque just got tore up and another owner's cash register just went KA-CHING.

#2155 Drive-By Body Pierce

Drive-By Body Pierce

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:55 AM

Your post reads like a poor attempt at poetry.

Posted Image

#2156 Hunter56

Hunter56

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 198 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:58 AM

...and now they cancel the Winter Classic...

#2157 Drive-By Body Pierce

Drive-By Body Pierce

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,990 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 09:59 AM

Oh players, my players....What are you trying to do? Why must we go through this? Why must you torture yourselves and others? You are losing! You are losing money as we speak, as another 2 weeks of pay rolls around the circle of the drain.....I read that 850,000.00 is not going to paid out again...to just one player to lose that kind of money, oh that must hurt. All the while owners are clearing out the registers in the other prominate businesses like Molson or Aquilini's family biz....Your fans most hanging from the bum straps of Crysby jock vouch and scream injustice in your name, as you make the HARD decision to play over seas as a scab. How easy it is for you to be off and running when things dont go your way...right Luongo. And to think I own 2 of his jersies. Oh well the Canucks need not worry I was seriously thinking of going out this weekend and getting the name changed to AQUILINI. Better yet since I am a fan of the Canucks, maybe Ill get pick up a new jersy. Choices are tough...Burrows or Lappi or maybe even a SEDIN...which one though....sigh tough times as a fan of the Canucks deciding on a jersy for myself...so many players coming and going its like trying see who is in it for the long haul...you never know the twins may get traded next year WOW. To think just seconds ago you read I was possibly going to buy thier jersey....its a sight when I go to games and see Bertuzzi and Morrison Jersies....can these fans not afford new ones are they nostalgic? Who cares...right it's the choice they make...as fans and as long as it has the beloved Nucks Logo flashing on the front it don't matter who is on the back...hell maybe Ill put FWYBWED on the back of my jersey...So as you read my musings and cringed at my grammar another NHL player's cheque just got tore up and another owner's cash register just went KA-CHING.

Lol, so does this one. Nothing substantiated...and nothing more than the over dramatic expression of just one person's opinion and feelings.

Edited by STiBlammo, 02 November 2012 - 10:03 AM.

Posted Image

#2158 Aladeen

Aladeen

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,304 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:19 AM

We've known where you stand for some time, and to suggest that the logo is the only thing fans cheer for on a team is blatantly false. Do fans only look at the final scores and the overall standings, or do they also look at who scored, what player made the biggest hit, or which goalie made the best save?

If players didn't matter then why sell jerseys with names and numbers on them? If the quality of the on ice-product mattered less than wins, then why wouldn't owners just pay the guys from the beer league championship team $50,000 a year to beat the equivalent from another town?

Does the team matter? Sure, but to suggest the players have no bearing on how much you care about a team because they play and move on is to suggest that you don't really care about the family cat or dog because they have shorter life spans.

Your family crest must say, "I'm a fan of the family name, not who's in it," at the bottom.

Just a question... Did you have Jason Garrison in your Sig while he was a panther?
Posted Image

#2159 fwybwed

fwybwed

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • 1,944 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:23 AM

...and now they cancel the Winter Classic...

Yes "THEY" have...And then "THEY" will cancel more of the season. But it can be saved players...you can save this season if you put aside your greed and selfishness. Try to understand that you are not the product here, you are only the bearer of a uniform. A soldier if you will, that steps on to the ice to battle and to win at any cost within the rules of the battle. A chance to get that Cup that NHL Stanley Cup that even i had dreams as a young Canadian Boy to hoist above my head. But now I have to wait til the Vancouver Canucks can bring in someone worthy of taking us to Victory's End. So i will continue to wait as player come and go I will wait. As will you, you will wait until the NHL has time for you to return to the table. and when you do just nod your head players. Nod in agreement and sign that new CBA and lets get this season going. As a note of positiveness players, I am in admiration of your "sticktoitness" but how long will this solidarity last...

#2160 poetica

poetica

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • 3,460 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 10:38 AM

Your post reads like a poor attempt at poetry.

They kind of do, don't they? :lol:

I should try snapping my fingers beatnik style while reading one of fwybwed's posts and see if that helps them make sense.
Go, Canucks, Go!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.