The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

I'm pro owner. Plain and simple, If the owners don't have the money to buy a team and maintain it, the players don't play in a world renowned league. Sure they can play in the KHL where teams are throwing millions at players just so they'll play there, but honestly when I see tweets from players chirping the owners, it just makes them look like babies.

I have no sympathy for the players in a league that wouldn't exist without the owners.

Likewise, there are a good number of other people far more knowledgeable about this than you or I that think the deal is fair enough for now.

As far as selfish (not in general - but as far as what I want now), why are you "entitled" to point out anyone's view?

Good, you admit you'd rather wait - then make like a leaf please - come back when it's over.

Please stop with the personal attacks - that I know you're not "entitled" to.

So you are "entitled" to censor what others say about you when you feel it doesn't suit you?

You've got a silly, misguided, ignorant view on the topic. Does that mean you're a silly, misguided, ignorant person? No. No one is attacking you. However your inability to see disagreement as anything other than a personal attack speaks volumes. No one becomes well-informed by being insulted when they're wrong. They make mistakes, learn and their views evolve. That you would rather play the victim than learn from others knowledge simply shows that you both are (and will remain) ignorant on the matter. Until you give up getting all in a tizzy about being wrong, you will, due to your own defensive nature, perpetuate your ignorance. Your choice.

Boys, both of you:

Take a step back

Go outside

Get some fresh air

Remember, you are arguing on an internet forum... it is very unlikely someone will change their opinion because you told them it's wrong...

Someone be the bigger man and stop responding so we can get back to the topic at hand.

Boys, both of you:

Take a step back

Go outside

Get some fresh air

Remember, you are arguing on an internet forum... it is very unlikely someone will change their opinion because you told them it's wrong...

Someone be the bigger man and stop responding so we can get back to the topic at hand.

Tsn aaron ward suggests there definitely won't be hockey nov 2 and doubtful for December. When reda asked if there would be any hockey, he paused and deferred.

Joke joke joke! Players appear quite short sided. Why don't guys like linden and modano and hurting speak up and look at what they are doing to the game and themselves

They should make the new CBA contract 20+ years in length, otherwise in the next 6 years we are going to be going through the same damn thing, a lockout. Either that or 3 years into the new CBA have the members of the NHL and NHLPA sit down and discuss what is working, and what is not. 3 years of dicussion should be more then long enough to come up with a new CBA and ensure the players and fans don't go through another lockout, and not leave it until the summer when the CBA expires again...

This whole lockout is all on the greedy players.

One thing is i definitely didn't like Jonathan Toews whiny, arrogant, spoiled attitude before this lockout but after hearing his big mouth and bitter attitude while he already has enough money to live rich the rest of his life i can't stand the guy!

One thing that becomes very clear to me in all this is that there is a lot of spoiled brat hockey players that don't have a clue of what the real world is from their pedestals.

The players attitude is sickening.

One thing is i definitely didn't like Jonathan Toews whiny, arrogant, spoiled attitude before this lockout but after hearing his big mouth and bitter attitude while he already has enough money to live rich the rest of his life i can't stand the guy!

One thing that becomes very clear to me in all this is that there is a lot of spoiled brat hockey players that don't have a clue of what the real world is from their pedestals.

Likewise, there are a good number of other people far more knowledgeable about this than you or I that think the deal is fair enough for now.

As far as selfish (not in general - but as far as what I want now), why are you "entitled" to point out anyone's view?

Good, you admit you'd rather wait - then make like a leaf please - come back when it's over.

Please stop with the personal attacks - that I know you're not "entitled" to.

I haven't personally attacked you once. I've argued your ideas and comments are selfish and short sighted, not you. Attack the idea, not the user. If you feel otherwise, you know where the report button is rather than littering the board with whiny, baseless remarks.

Back on topic... anybody heard when we hear the PA's response/counter offer?

Archived