The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

OK I was wrong. It's not 66% it's 60%.

Revenue sharing? Why is it you feel one businessman should share his revenue with another one down the street. Do you share your paycheck with your co workers?

Why don't the players share revenue? Why doesnt Bieksa give some of his salary to Lappy?

[Edited for brevity.]

but the 'players association' whose least paid member earns 450 thousand dollars a year, for 9 months of playing a game, and being in shape does not speak to my love of the labour movement. I have said from the start: the players lose every dime if they dont play this year..they only lose 5,7,10 or 15% when they agree to a deal that cuts their salary by whatever it will end up cutting it, and save the season. Losing 10 to 20% of your 5 to 10 year lifetime earnings in the NHL is a dumb thing to do in order to 'protect' between 5 and 15% of it.

TBH I'm kinda glad that some of the NHL players get to play in front of their native crowds because this is just getting ridiculous. Granted I don't even come close to having the skill but I'd love to get paid even $100,000/year to play hockey.

But really, out of Bettman & Fehr which one is the lesser of two evils?

@ElliottPap

Cory Schneider on NHL giving short shrift to PA proposals: "I don't think anyone was surprised. It was not unexpected." #haveaniceweekend

@ElliottPap

Cory Schneider to NHL: "Just honor the contracts you agreed to before the lockout and this should get done pretty quickly." #enjoytheweather

Funny how the players whined and are still whining quite a bit about how they fealt so snubbed about Bettman and the owners only taking 10-15 minutes looking at the players latest proposal. It says more about how ridiculous the players offer was then a show of disrespect by not taking the time.

These players are doing a horrible job of acting out what Fehr is telling them to say seeing them cdo the rehearsed complaining how they are so hard done by is shameful. They are trying so hard to sway the fans opinions every chance they get because they know no matter what they cry about the bottom line is they are the most greedy in this dispute and most fans will get that.

Fehr does not want to lose this battle for obvious personal reasons i just hope the average decent smart player realises this and they step up and tell the PA leaders they will be more then alright financially with the owners offer and get back to playing hockey again.

nhlpa option three then! honor the contracts, but tweak cba length to 25 years...no more owners screwing around with lockouts. I think the cba length is the shove it up your *** option if you don't want to honor contracts, and everyone understands that. Fine, give the owners what they want, but lock them in forever so they deal with their own poison

nhlpa option three then! honor the contracts, but tweak cba length to 25 years...no more owners screwing around with lockouts. I think the cba length is the shove it up your *** option if you don't want to honor contracts, and everyone understands that. Fine, give the owners what they want, but lock them in forever so they deal with their own poison

That a nice thought, but the owners would never got for it. Why would they? Every time the CBA expires they get to plead poverty and force players into worse and worse deals. They want the CBA to expire sooner if anything so they can do it all over again and make even more gains than the last time. And that's what will continue to happen until either the NHLPA or the fans actually make it hurt!

I see the same ol people vying for player love lol,,,,get over it and let go of the jock strap son...lol

please don't use fans and NHLPA feeling the same pain lol I don't make 450 G's to play hockey...Once they realize how good they have it already and they lose it then we'll see who is the boss....the fans..hahaa

That a nice thought, but the owners would never got for it. Why would they? Every time the CBA expires they get to plead poverty and force players into worse and worse deals. They want the CBA to expire sooner if anything so they can do it all over again and make even more gains than the last time. And that's what will continue to happen until either the NHLPA or the fans actually make it hurt!

Archived