The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

*Official* CBA Negotiations and Lockout Thread

To DB simply disagreeing with him is taken as a personal attack. This is how the end starts for him though every other time he's been here.

If the owners had all the power there would be hockey right now...

Pro owner or pro player it doesn't really matter...the bottom line is both sides have gotten the other to move from their original positions and that will continue to do so until it is resolved. Neither side is going to win because neither side is going to get what they want. The reason for that is because both sides hold power. This is a tug of war and both sides get a piece of the rope.

All this NHLPA has no power garbage is just that...garbage. It's just as stupid as all the NHL owners are greedy and evil crap.

To DB simply disagreeing with him is taken as a personal attack. This is how the end starts for him though every other time he's been here.

If the owners had all the power there would be hockey right now...

Pro owner or pro player it doesn't really matter...the bottom line is both sides have gotten the other to move from their original positions and that will continue to do so until it is resolved. Neither side is going to win because neither side is going to get what they want. The reason for that is because both sides hold power. This is a tug of war and both sides get a piece of the rope.

All this NHLPA has no power garbage is just that...garbage. It's just as stupid as all the NHL owners are greedy and evil crap.

Hiring Fehr was a error on the part of the players. Is he doing a great job like you say!?!? I don't see any signed and sealed CBA's flaunting about lol. They players went as far as to hire Fehr to make a statement..."We mean biz" But "if" I were an owner and this came to my attention I would say "looks like we are in it for the long haul boys! We are not going to let some hired gun come in to our league with one Proposal and make us accept it, Frack THAT!"

____

I like this: Dec 18, 2010 - Fehr said it's very unfair for hockey fans to automatically assume another lockout is now imminent because of his appointment to the NHLPA.

.Oh oh Guess what !?!?! lol

____

"Nobody in the world knows more about the labour business in sports," Boston Bruins player representative Mark Stuart told NESN. "[Fehr]did a great job in baseball and I think we're lucky to have him on our side." Uhhh Whut!?!? Do the players still feel this way? And i dont mean the reps all in an nice pattern behind Fehr either lol.

or

"His reputation is that he doesn't mess around. But I don't think anybody wants to see that happen." Dominic Moore...lol or "After hearing Don's presentation, let's just say there is no one else who can hold his jock strap if he decides to do it," said another agent, also off the record.------Ahhh the words that started the lock out lol

I sure am glad that Bettman is sticking to his plan. These contracting issues need to be fixed. I could put up with missing the entire season as long as these front loaded, life time contracts are dealt with.

Doesn't look like the NHL is going to bend too much on contracting issues, the players are going to have to give in now or after missing an entire season.

50-50 and fix the contract issues. NHL gets everything they could have hoped for.

Hiring Fehr was a error on the part of the players. Is he doing a great job like you say!?!? I don't see any signed and sealed CBA's flaunting about lol. They players went as far as to hire Fehr to make a statement..."We mean biz" But "if" I were an owner and this came to my attention I would say "looks like we are in it for the long haul boys! We are not going to let some hired gun come in to our league with one Proposal and make us accept it, Frack THAT!"

____

I like this: Dec 18, 2010 - Fehr said it's very unfair for hockey fans to automatically assume another lockout is now imminent because of his appointment to the NHLPA.

____

"Nobody in the world knows more about the labour business in sports," Boston Bruins player representative Mark Stuart told NESN. "[Fehr]did a great job in baseball and I think we're lucky to have him on our side." Uhhh Whut!?!? Do the players still feel this way? And i dont mean the reps all in an nice pattern behind Fehr either lol.

or

"His reputation is that he doesn't mess around. But I don't think anybody wants to see that happen." Dominic Moore...lol or "After hearing Don's presentation, let's just say there is no one else who can hold his jock strap if he decides to do it," said another agent, also off the record.------Ahhh the words that started the lock out lol

____

____

or

Fehr rolled the dice and he's going to lose. He could have had 50-50 well before the old CBA expired. He could have had the same deal he'll get now if not a better one. The owners will not move much on contracting rights.

There is no way he wins this. It's been all give and he's just trying to save his reputation. The players are uneducated young jocks, most have never seen a college campus. They don't know much besides playing hockey. Many of them couldn't even understand the concept of escrow after last lockout. They were surprised and upset after seeing escrow deductions from their cheques. Idiots.

Fehr rolled the dice and he's going to lose. He could have had 50-50 well before the old CBA expired. He could have had the same deal he'll get now if not a better one. The owners will not move much on contracting rights.

There is no way he wins this. It's been all give and he's just trying to save his reputation. The players are uneducated young jocks, most have never seen a college campus. They don't know much besides playing hockey. Many of them couldn't even understand the concept of escrow after last lockout. They were surprised and upset after seeing escrow deductions from their cheques. Idiots.

Any arguments that the owners are not trying to gouge the players as much as possible are completely shot down by the first "offer" from the league.

43% of HRR? Are you kidding me?

It should be completely obvious to everyone that the owners intended from day one to go for the throat, and squeeze out every last concession they possibly could.

Any arguments that the owners are not trying to gouge the players as much as possible are completely shot down by the first "offer" from the league.

43% of HRR? Are you kidding me?

It should be completely obvious to everyone that the owners intended from day one to go for the throat, and squeeze out every last concession they possibly could.

Fehr is doing a great job.

First off, he isn't going to win, he has already lost 7%, so he has already lost. It's not about winning this. His responsibility is the to get the absolute best deal for the players possible.

He is on his way to doing it, people think he doesn't have power, but the longer he holds out and stays firm the better the offers seem to be getting. Explain that one.

Niether guy is going to completely crack anytime soon but Gary is cracking much faster than Fehr is, there is much more pressure on Gary and the league, because they are responsabile for growing the revenue and Gary realizes that there has already been a ton of damage done, and that if the season is lost it could do serious damage to the game, more so than already done. And Fehr doesn't feel that pressure. Why? Cause that's not his responsibility, it's not his job to help grow revenue's or end the lockout immediatly, it is to get the best deal possible for the players, obviously a timely fashion would be nice & is another goal of theirs, but the deal is most important, and all the players have just grown stronger and stronger together and behind him the longer this has gone on.

This isn't some two-bit contracting firm with a few employees. Pretty much any large business with hundreds of skilled (domestic) workers, whose business is selling the expertise of these workers, will spend well over half their revenues in salaries.

It cost money to pay people, at any level. In the organization I work for, over 95% of hundreds of millions of dollars of expenses are for workers' compensation. And almost all of these people make only 40-100k a year.

Archived