Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

MLT

Anyone else losing interest?

98 posts in this topic

No change. I'm not a big October hockey fan anyways. NHL doesn't get good until players start clicking on all cylinders which imo doesn't happen until mid November.

I'm loving the MLB playoffs, the NFL and UEFA Champions League right now.

I don't mind waiting until a right deal is signed which insures the financial health of the NHL for years to come. I'm tired of reading about NHL teams losing money and possible moves out of their respective cities.

I'll take short term lockout (even a year) for long term stability.

2 lockouts in 8 years... yes im losing intrest.. but not at the game of hockey, but with the leauge..!

Agree entirely. I always look forward to summer ending so hockey and hunting can get going and life returns to normal. But this year I don't seem to miss it. I love the Canucks, big fan and when they get the season going again I know I will watch, but not with the same obsession as it was before. I haven't been to a pub in months, my abs are starting to come back and I'm never hungover at work anymore.

I'm sure that when Canucks hockey begins again, my passion will renew itself.

But for the time being, I'm not missing it.

Same as well, I remember not 3-4 years ago I would follow every prospect, every game etc... check their stats...

Now I care not. With that said bring back Hockey, someone's gotta bite the bullet.

It's a good thing there's hockey outside of NHL, I do want NHL to start fast but thank god I still have my hometown team Jokipojat playing in Mestis-league, whom I work for too.

I can live one season without NHL, but it's tough to not see the 'Nucks play.

Can't say I'm not missing hockey but I am filling the void. I have 2 local university teams that play different schedules (When A team is away for the weekend B is home and vise versa) It is great hockey, maybe not NHL but UNB can keep up with AHL teams (pre season they tied Portland pirates) and the games are pretty cheap, only $3 for any seat in the arena.

I love the game. However, I don't really care that the NHL isn't playing right now. I have a life and I play in my local men's league. I will still go to 15-20 games when/if the NHL comes back. I love the Canucks and I feel the extra time off will do them a world of good. Plus, each game will meen so much more if they play a shorter season.

I can tell you that when NHL hockey returns I will only watch it on TV. No going to games and no merchandise purchases. This is the only thing I can think of that will hurt the NHL if all fans did this.

Like many people, this is the 3rd lockout that I have lived through. I was fine with the last one, but this one stings and has left and incredibly bad taste in my mouth.

I already cancelled my Center Ice Package and won't renew that. As far as my Jets season ticket, the only way I will give that up is if we lose an entire season. If that happens, I won't be coming back. Yes, someone else will take the ticket and the organization won't suffer short term. However, I truly believe that should the lockout last a full season, there will not be nearly as many fans as there was after the previous lockout.

Part of what made the last lockout different was the promise of parity and the introduction of rule changes, making the game more exciting. This happened. But what's the promise after this lockout? For me, lower ticket prices would have to be incentive should we lose a full year; and that won't happen.

I can tell you that when NHL hockey returns I will only watch it on TV. No going to games and no merchandise purchases. This is the only thing I can think of that will hurt the NHL if all fans did this.

I'm at the point where I don't give a F***. cancel the whole season...actually F*** it, cancel next year too.

I'm not buying a single NHL product that contributes to non-hockey related revenue for at least this season. No jerseys, no hats, no T-shirts, I won't even go to a concert at Rogers Arena. I don't think Aquilini is in favour of this lock-out and it seems like the Canucks players have agreed (for the most part) to not go overseas but focus on being ready to take another run at the Cup this year (if we have one).

I actually bought my season tickets right before the last lockout and I won't complain because I usually sell half off to a friends company and have a pretty stocked line-up of friends wanting to buy up the rest. I go to my half dozen regular season games a year for very little $$ + playoffs. This year has really hurt. I had to put up on my $5000+ dollars and couldn't get anything back immediate cause it's a little hard to say..."toss over that $2000 or $1000 and we'll see if there's a season" ...........I had to bite the bullet and to be honest don't care cause each month there are no games I get money back. I am sure I will keep the seats but I will admit the thought has seriously crossed my mind to dump them. I actually bought season tickets for the Seahawks this year as well which has proven to be a good investment and nothing compares to attending a football game at Centurylink. In the end, fans will come back but with some reservations for sure.

If your a die hard, u never lose interest, if anything in a time like this u want it more, and 4-5 years?? How old are u? 10? Ive been a die hard for damn near my whole life, 20 years at least.

For shame

But i am deffinitely choked at all partys involved, just play some damn hockey

I'm really getting into Junior Hockey and the Wolves.

I'm following our prospects closely and looking a draft eligible players I might like for 2013, so that gives me my hockey fix.

But I do get those nights when I feel like I should be watching the Canucks play.

im not as a big of a canucks fan as i was in the early 2000s.

i used to know the schedule for the entire week but now i dont really care.

maybe i am getting older but i just seem to not care as muchl. this lockout is making me care less about the canucks to add to that

My love for hockey will never wane. It's the greatest game on the planet. The only thing I'm sick of is going through this every decade. Both sides need to come to an agreement and commit to it long term.

The only thing that bothers me about the lockout is that when I get home from work, instead of hockey on, the old lady always has on Say Yes to the Dress or some other equally nauseating show. C'mon fellas, save me from reality TV!