The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Anyone else losing interest?

MLT

Lots of my friend have been turned off, even those who were once the die hard fans since the last lockout have stopped watching.

Millionaires hashing it out with Billionaires when people are out of work, rates of pay dropping faster than the NHL fan base.

IT'S ALL ONE BIG JOKE.... BALLS

A sucker for punishment, I'll always be back. I don't travel, do many outings, etc. and sports are how I spend my leisure time when I'm not mountain biking, so I REALLY miss the games when they're yanked. With that, I still have football at the moment and have taken more interest in the Wolves, etc. than I normally would. But I'd be a liar if I said I wasn't going to jump right back in when it does come back.... (sorry?)

My Kamloops Blazers are the best hockey team in Canada right now!!

I'm out going to all the home games :towel:

it took years to build this team and now they are setting everything on fire

lucky for me the lock out has got my couch potato Canuck butt off the couch and into something just as special!!

as the saying goes..when one door closes another one opens!!

Go Blazers :towel:

The lack of hockey has made me follow baseball for the first time in my life. Fortunately, I'm from San Francisco, so that was quite an exciting ride as the Giants just won the World Series!

That said, I don't have interest because there is nothing to currently be interested in. But I haven't lost my love for the team one bit! Once that puck drops again, whether it's in December or next year, I'll be right there rootin' for the Nucks.

Other sports are only temporary fixes. They all make me miss Canucks Hockey in the end.

The way for fans to end the lockout is not to scream for a deal, not to get on FB and twitter and start busting out hashtags.

If we wanna influence a deal, we need to just stop caring. Stop talking about this stupid lockout, stop posting about in social network. If people stop caring, TV and radio will stop talking about it so much, and the NHL will really start feeling the pressure if they think the NHL is losing momentum.

No change. I'm not a big October hockey fan anyways. NHL doesn't get good until players start clicking on all cylinders which imo doesn't happen until mid November.

I'm loving the MLB playoffs, the NFL and UEFA Champions League right now.

I don't mind waiting until a right deal is signed which insures the financial health of the NHL for years to come. I'm tired of reading about NHL teams losing money and possible moves out of their respective cities.

I'll take short term lockout (even a year) for long term stability.

Ok the last lockout I was supporting the Owners but not this time. You own a business and you have a guy running a company that had three lockouts and complaing about the same problems over and over again! What would you do? Somethings wrong here! . Why not get rid of teams that are not in the hockey market in the first place. Like Carolina which shouldn't have left Hartford in the first place. How about teams in Florida? Why don't they put teams in a hockey mad city like Quebec City or Hamilton? Why is Bettmen wanting a team staying put in PHX that is losing money? Was it really nessasary that you had to expand from 21 teams to 30. Places that shouldn't have teams in the first place. The league was bad enough having 23-24 teams with a water down league. Why bother having a last lockout when Bettmen even stated that having a SALARY CAP was going to help this league in the long run and here were are with the same problem WHL rock. You mention that you don't mind having a lockout for a year for the long term stabiliity? Didn't we lose a year in the last lockout and were did it get them? Another lockout. Imo what this tells me is that Gary and is cronies never thought this through about the long term. So Basically there is no Guarentee when the next cba expires that we won't have the same problems as long as you have Bettmen and his cronies running the business. Do we really know for sure how many teams are actually losing money? Gary Bettmen is representing the Owners then fine. Then tell me why are these Owners that are crying the blues about how poor they are that before September 15th rolled around we had these Owners scrambling around getting their players sign to long term contracts longer then 5 years more then Gary had stipulated for the next CBA .If you were Bettmen why didn't put a stop to it. So who is running the show Bettmen or the Owners? Why is it that he only needs 8 owners to have a lockout and not a majority? As far as we know we could have the majority of the owners that don't want a lockout. But we don't know that now do we since Gary has a gag order on all the Owners.

WHL rock I respect what your saying. But I look at it another way, Three lockouts in 20 years is more then enough. Time to look for a new commisioner that understands and loves the game. Not some smug Lawyer who has never played the game before in his life who came from the NBA.

I no longer care about the lockout. Straight up, I have accepted that there will not be hockey until there is, and there just isn't right now. I don't mind, because I have other interests. If being a fan means that the lack of make-believe gladiators running around wearing blue and green puts you in a state of perpetual frustration, I don't want to be a fan. I'm a spectator with special allegiance to the Canucks.

Flame on.

Archived