Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

[Official] GDT Wolves vs. Rivermen. 5 pm PST

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
71 replies to this topic

#61 RunningWild

RunningWild

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,857 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:27 PM

Good game re-cap from Nucks Army" http://canucksarmy.c...l-to-peoria-4-1

I was gonna say that Kassian made some strong defensive plays tonight, then I saw the boxscore -
Connauton and Kassian are each -3
Tanev -2

Biggest Tanev fan and he had an ok game tonight. But he's made so many uncharacteristic mistakes in the last 7 games. His mistakes in the last 7 AHL games = all the mistakes me made in 25 NHL games last yr. It's a bit unnerving.

Edited by RunningWild, 26 October 2012 - 09:33 PM.

#62 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:34 PM

I think the coaches and the players are still feeling each other out.

Obviously Arniel is a much different coach than MacT. It's gonna take awhile for everyone to get on the same page.

The line combos still aren't right. This team has too much offense to only be getting 1 goal in a game. They've gott find that right mix of scoring and grit on every line to get a balanced attack.

After tonights game the top 6 should be:

Sweatt - Schroeder - Kassian
Rodin - Mallet - Haydar

Posted Image

"Dream until the dream come true"

#63 gradin123

gradin123

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,101 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:46 PM

Good game re-cap from Nucks Army" http://canucksarmy.c...l-to-peoria-4-1

I was gonna say that Kassian made some strong defensive plays tonight, then I saw the boxscore -
Connauton and Kassian are each -3
Tanev -2

Biggest Tanev fan and he had an ok game tonight. But he's made so many uncharacteristic mistakes in the last 7 games. His mistakes in the last 7 AHL games = all the mistakes me made in 25 NHL games last yr. It's a bit unnerving.

Kassian gave a horrible backcheck effort on the third goal. He was floating back and if he made any kind of effort he could have got back in the play and probably prevented the goal. Check it out starting at 1:10 mark.

#64 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:47 PM

Kassian gave a horrible backcheck effort on the third goal. He was floating back and if he made any kind of effort he could have got back in the play and probably prevented the goal. Check it out starting at 1:10 mark.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PRh4-IWqdnE

So he really is Bertuzzi 2.0!

Posted Image

#65 G-52

G-52

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 694 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:48 PM

All the missed calls, the no goals + penalties on things that shouldnt be called at all. All that stuff adds up and feels like a huge weight being put on you while playing. Its bull we lost this game, how does a multi million dollar organization hire only a single ref instead of two, and on top of that give them a rookie that was arguably playing for peoria.

Posted Image

#66 DeNiro

DeNiro

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • 23,694 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:51 PM

All the missed calls, the no goals + penalties on things that shouldnt be called at all. All that stuff adds up and feels like a huge weight being put on you while playing. Its bull we lost this game, how does a multi million dollar organization hire only a single ref instead of two, and on top of that give them a rookie that was arguably playing for peoria.

The more you watch the AHL, the more you realize how much bias there is towards home teams. You think the NHL is bad? Well the AHL is 10 times worse.

They have trouble getting fans out to alot of the games, so I guess they wanna make sure the home teams have a good chance of winning in order to keep fans coming. It's kind of lame, but you get used to it.

Edited by DeNiro, 26 October 2012 - 09:53 PM.

Posted Image

#67 Tangerines

Tangerines

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,376 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:43 PM

Did Kass have a gn?

#68 WiDeN

WiDeN

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,754 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:18 PM

None of the games are broadcast this weekend, eh?

V a n c o u v e r C a n u c k s

MirandaKerr.jpg
2 0 1 5 S t a n l e y C u p C h a m p i o n s

#69 Nucks-4-Life

Nucks-4-Life

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,070 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:32 PM

Where are you guys watching these games?

#70 Ossi Vaananen

Ossi Vaananen

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,005 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 01:05 PM

Where are you guys watching these games?

The games feed are picked up by free online streaming sites. These sites use the broadcast from Chicago's My50 or Xfinity television channels, which quite frankly are much better than the amateur AHL live streaming and are not available on Vancouver TV. When it's game time I recommend you wait 10 minutes in and then search either firstrowsports or usagoals, include the two teams playing in your search and the date. This whole process is pretty hush hush so I hope I didn't cross the line.

2d7ye0p.jpg

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

#71 Dasein

Dasein

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,324 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 08:55 PM

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=PRh4-IWqdnE

I wouldn't blame Kassian on that backcheck. Firstly, it was a 2 on 2 - a capable defensive pairing would have stopped that play. Secondly, Peoria player fanned on his shot - had he not done that, Kassian wouldn't have been able to catch up to him anyways IMO.

Athletes today are scared to make Muhammad Ali Statements.

#72 WolfKeeper

WolfKeeper

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 71 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 10:23 PM

The games feed are picked up by free online streaming sites. These sites use the broadcast from Chicago's My50 or Xfinity television channels, which quite frankly are much better than the amateur AHL live streaming and are not available on Vancouver TV. When it's game time I recommend you wait 10 minutes in and then search either firstrowsports or usagoals, include the two teams playing in your search and the date. This whole process is pretty hush hush so I hope I didn't cross the line.

The free online sites pirate the AHL Live stream, not the local Chicago feed. I haven't seen Front Row or ATDHE use a Chicago feed yet.

Edited by WolfKeeper, 27 October 2012 - 10:28 PM.

I like beer. And hockey.

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.