The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

CDC The way it should be

Buddhas Hand

Are you talking about me? , if so come out and say what is on your mind , and or reply to my last post in the thread i think you are referring to.

EDIT

I am have /am not whininng , and you are displaying an immature attitude by making your snide little remarks .

Yup, noted. Unfortunately much whining ensues from posters when their uninformed opinions are exposed as baseless.

Then they end up making threads such as this referencing something that is not relevant to this site/forum which has its own detailed code of conduct.

You have your baseless opinion exposed in another thread and then make thread about your view of what CDC should be and cite rules that are irrelevant (much like what you posted in the prostitution thread) that have no application to this forum/site which already has a detailed code of conduct.

Sounds like whining to me AND it is incredibly presumptuous to try to tell others how CDC should operate and this from someone who has not been around CDC for even one year.

You really love to pontificate don't you , and your assertion that my opinion is baseless is just wrong .

I have merely stated what i believe , and how i try to treat others , and how i expect to be treated myself

I have not , and will never tell people what to do , please show me where i have .

who cares how long i have been on these boards , next thing you will tell me is that your 36,000+ posts make you always right .

you know mate , you were starting your posts with contemptuous remarks about other users on this forum , this speaks volumes about your atittude to members of this forum .

Pontificate?

Nope - just a voice of years and years and years of experience. My years on CDC plus the number of my posts simply allow me to take along view... you are far from the first newbie who arrived at CDC with your view of how things should be run... and you will not be the last. I am sure other oldtimers like myself can bear witness to that state of affairs.

Your thread is all about telling others how to behave - on a site/forum that already has a detailed set of rules that govern posting behaviour. That seems quite obvious.

The title of the thread alone is a dead giveaway... "/topic/336507-cdc-the-way-it-should-be/">CDC The way it should be".

This thread got rather personal real quick.

The original post of this thread can't actually be determined if it was related to any sort of prior dispute. Furthermore, it doesn't require someone who registered a long time ago to bring up discussion on "Netiquette". Any user should be able to freely discuss "rules" and challenge them, regardless of their registration date. In this particular thread, "Netiquette" doesn't necessarily refer to CDC exclusively; it could be opened up for a broader discussion.

Besides, I've seen the old CDC before. Some users (particularly some females) got preferential treatment because they were buddy-buddy with some old mods. It is just a sample of reality of real-life. Older users aren't necessarily better follower of rules.

This thread got rather personal real quick.

The original post of this thread can't actually be determined if it was related to any sort of prior dispute. Furthermore, it doesn't require someone who registered a long time ago to bring up discussion on "Netiquette". Any user should be able to freely discuss "rules" and challenge them, regardless of their registration date. In this particular thread, "Netiquette" doesn't necessarily refer to CDC exclusively; it could be opened up for a broader discussion.

Besides, I've seen the old CDC before. Some users (particularly some females) got preferential treatment because they were buddy-buddy with some old mods. It is just a sample of reality of real-life. Older users aren't necessarily better follower of rules.

Nope... stating a well known and notorious fact that has been agreed to by any number of the CDC moderators in the past.

If you think it a rule violation then do what the CDC Board Rules direct:

Please report all violations of the rules below via the 'Report' button located at the bottom of every post, or send a private message to a moderator or administrator.

Archived