Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo

Car accident

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
15 replies to this topic

#1 Burrows_Breath

Burrows_Breath

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:10 PM

So i got into a car accident today. Someone hit me and damages are around $1500 to fix.

He was 100% at fault and says not to report to ICBC which he will pay for the damages to fix my car.

What should i do? Report to ICBC or get him to fix it??

#2 Rhinogator

Rhinogator

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,736 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

if you get the cash from him don't report.

all other situations report.
Posted ImagePosted Image

#3 GodzillaDeuce

GodzillaDeuce

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,123 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:12 PM

don't involve ICBC if he will actually pay for everything

you have all his information?

well I'm sorry that gd is soo perfect

#4 Burrows_Breath

Burrows_Breath

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:14 PM

don't involve ICBC if he will actually pay for everything

you have all his information?

Yup, he said he will pay for the damages on monday together at dealership. Thanks for advice

#5 Denguin

Denguin

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,633 posts

As others have said, if he is willing to shell out the money to fix it 110%, then just avoid ICBC.

Unless he wants you to take your car in to some sketchy chop-shop or tries to cheat you, then you can get a third-party involved.

Edited by Denguin, 26 October 2012 - 08:15 PM.

#6 Shift-4

Shift-4

Canucks All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 19,452 posts

This happened once to me and it worked out but it was because the guy was driving a company vehicle.
Hockey is the only sport, the rest are just games.

#7 c00kies

c00kies

Cookie Monster

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,491 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:16 PM

I suggest riding rhinogators from now on.
Posted Image
Thanks to Blueberries for the sig :)

#8 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,099 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:19 PM

I'm gonna be that guy...

Report to ICBC.
Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#9 Burrows_Breath

Burrows_Breath

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,183 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:20 PM

As others have said, if he is willing to shell out the money to fix it 110%, then just avoid ICBC.

Unless he wants you to take your car in to some sketchy chop-shop or tries to cheat you, then you can get a third-party involved.

He's taking my car to his friends dealership it would cost $1400...

But I went to another dealership they said it would cost around $1800..So maybe $400 difference is just a friend discount..

#10 nucklehead

nucklehead

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,538 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:28 PM

You need to be examined for soft tissue injuries. These are tricky things and can come back to bite you bad. I know from lots of experience. I strongly suggest reporting this accident for your own protection.
biggerabacus_zps5cae10b6.jpg

I got kicked out of the slut walk for trying to bid on the participants.

-BananaMash

#11 Kamero89

Kamero89

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 790 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 08:43 PM

Report it. If he is willing to pay, I am guessing he was not insured, or he has been in a lot of accidents. REPORT IT. If he is uninsured, he needs to be taken off the road.

#12 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,689 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 09:59 PM

Report it, you can still tell ICBC you will be handling it outside of insurance. If he renegs for any reason then you at least have it on record.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#13 EX_Bert_Worshipper

EX_Bert_Worshipper

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,834 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:47 PM

Oooh - my first instinct was to report it. I agree with the injury line. If you have any pain whatsoever, report it, as you will be totally screwed in the long run if you don't.
Depends, I guess, on the damage and how you are feeling. If it's minor damage and you are fine, then settle out of ICBC, but if you have more major damage or are in any way hurt, report it to protect yourself.
Good luck!
Posted Image

#14 Hugemanskost

Hugemanskost

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,382 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 10:56 PM

Why bother buying insurance if you're not going to report accidents you are involved in? That's a big part of what it's for. Always report accidents. It's kind of like puckers who drive drunk... They need to be reported as do poor drivers. There's a chance this person may injure, maim or kill someone next time.

webkit-fake-url://D8829558-F65F-49B9-9829-A7DFC7F2E6E4/application.pdf

:towel: :canucks:

#15 theminister

theminister

Head Troll

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,042 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:00 PM

Report it, you can still tell ICBC you will be handling it outside of insurance. If he renegs for any reason then you at least have it on record.

Word.

Listen to this man. Cover your assphalt.

Posted ImageNEW YORK ISLANDERS ROSTER - CDC GM LEAGUEPosted Image

2013 CDCGML CUP CHAMPIONS

#16 DarthNinja

DarthNinja

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,795 posts

Posted 26 October 2012 - 11:14 PM

You need to be examined for soft tissue injuries. These are tricky things and can come back to bite you bad. I know from lots of experience. I strongly suggest reporting this accident for your own protection.

I strongly agree from experience as well. Furthermore, if there is some type of injury, it may initially be difficult to precisely diagnose.

I was initially diagnosed with a soft-tissue (muscle and ligament) injury to my back after being rear-ended by a drunken maniac, which in the end turned out to be a bulging disc (and I was in superb physical shape at the time).

Report it to ICBC and see a doctor. There is a routine exam doctors do for car accidents.

And do keep in mind that ICBC is there to protect the guilty party. They will also probably tell you up front that because your vehicle has minimal damage, it qualifies as a 'LVI' ('low velocity impact') and therefore no injury occurred, which is actually complete nonsense and carries absolutely no legal validity whatsoever.

Edited by DarthNinja_S19Blade, 26 October 2012 - 11:19 PM.

**RETIRED...**

"Have not those who disbelieve known that the heavens & the earth were joined together as one united piece, then We (Allah) parted them? And We have made from water every living thing. Will they not then believe?" (Qur'an 21:30)

11477626583_2368927097.jpg     49997_b70e6ae14ce1652fa11bd1dda624afd1.g   7649118508_ce3e8a74a1_o.jpg

"Some even believe we are part of a secret cabal working against the best interests of the United States, characterizing my family and me as 'internationalists' and of conspiring with others around the world to build a more integrated global political and economic structure--one world, if you will. If that's the charge, I stand guilty, and I am proud of it.” (David Rockefeller)

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.