37 replies to this topic

#31 Dogbyte

Dogbyte

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,767 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 01:53 PM

so you're saying football and UFC must be really boring? both sports implement sex appeal

Yeah, two men hugging and rolling around is extremely boring to watch, and as much as I like the NFL the sport is actually only played for about 10 minutes. The rest of the time is spent in huddles, getting back to the huddle, moving the flags, getting back to the line, changing sides, changing players, or a timeout or sorts. And yes, I've timed it often, try it. Lots of plays only last about 3-5 seconds.

Ok, it's 11 minutes, here is an article.

http://online.wsj.co...2055561406.html

[According to a Wall Street Journal study of four recent broadcasts, and similar estimates by researchers, the average amount of time the ball is in play on the field during an NFL game is about 11 minutes.]

NFL is exciting because most of the games are played on one day, there is betting, and it is very intense, with fewer games that make match ups exciting.
There are things known and unknown ... and in between are the doors.

#32 sQuish

sQuish

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,308 posts

Posted 02 November 2012 - 02:04 PM

Posted Image

i dont care if there caked with makeup and have fake tans

i love em

especially the blonde with no shorts

Wow that predators ice girl is smokin'... and she's not even totally doused in makeup like some of the others. I'm all for ice girls... honestly who does it hurt? If you like looking at cute girls in skimpy outfits (who doesn't??) then great... if you don't, just don't look at them!

Edited by sQuish, 02 November 2012 - 02:06 PM.

#33 I♥Wellwood

I♥Wellwood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:24 PM

I don't think the Canucks have any Ice Girls... actually, I don't think any Canadian team other than the Oilers have them.

The Flames have the 'Big Country Ice Crew'
http://flames.nhl.co...ge.htm?id=57767Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

Posted Image

#34 AnOnYmOuS

AnOnYmOuS

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 347 posts

Posted 03 November 2012 - 05:51 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image

i dont care if there caked with makeup and have fake tans

i love em

especially the blonde with no shorts

That's probably the only thing ill miss about the Thrashers. She is hot

#35 apollo

apollo

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,457 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:24 PM

We have some of the most expensive tickets in the league. We deserve cheerleaders. If u don't like it then don't look at them... it works for the NFL n should be implemented to all NHL teams
Posted Image

Thank you Roberto =(

#36 cIutch

cIutch

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,285 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 01:41 PM

Posted Image
LMAO

no wonder karlson is always taking L's , cant focus

which brings me back to dale wiese , if we get ice girls he might have to be traded

Edited by cIutch, 04 November 2012 - 01:43 PM.

Posted Image

#37 I♥Wellwood

I♥Wellwood

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,904 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 05:55 PM

We have some of the most expensive tickets in the league. We deserve cheerleaders. If u don't like it then don't look at them... it works for the NFL n should be implemented to all NHL teams

I feel like our organization tends to cater to the younger demographic. Having Fin as our mascot is a great example of that. Going to Canucks games has become a family event so I dont think the organization wants to mix in scantily clad cheerleaders. Just my take on it, I could be completely wrong.

Posted Image

#38 etsen3

etsen3

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,400 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:41 PM

I was gonna say that the Canucks should be classy and don't need to use these tactics to attract fans, but then I saw the pictures and changed my mind.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.