9 replies to this topic

#1 LouKesBurr

LouKesBurr

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 75 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:31 PM

Is it worth it for the 8 home games a year? What are season prices per sections?(looking at cheapest seats as possible).
Posted Image

#2 SkeeterHansen

SkeeterHansen

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,138 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 12:43 PM

Is it worth it for the 8 home games a year? What are season prices per sections?(looking at cheapest seats as possible).

You should be asking yourself if you think it'd be worth it to shell out the cash for some football. You're the one spending.
CANUCKS TILL I DIE

#3 NucksPatsFan

NucksPatsFan

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,809 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:17 AM

A colleague of mine has season tickets in the nosebleeds for $380 per season per ticket and he has 2 seats so $760 in total to go to 8 games a year + that includes 2 potential playoff tickets, with his wife.

Other parts of the upper bowl are as expensive as $300-$400 per game multiply by 10 to get your total for season tickets.

It really depends on how picky you want to be with where you sit, and also if you're a Seahawks fan, or just a football fan.

Swap Byron Leftwich and Tom Brady's situations. Today Brady would be a UFA or on the Roughriders practice roster, Byron Leftwich would have 100 more wins than losses.

:picard:

"Spirituality, faith and democracy are the corner stones of our country. We are all Patriots. And tonight, the Patriots are World Champions." -Robert Kraft

#4 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,222 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 09:29 PM

Consider the added price and hassle of having to drive to Seattle for each game and then back again. If you plan on staying overnight then you have to add a hotel in there.

As a CFL fan (assumed from your sig), why not just get season tickets for the Lions? It's a lot more local, and the Lions give you some pretty decent perks for being a season ticket holder.

Edited by zero-ONE-three, 28 October 2012 - 09:29 PM.

wmmkuv.jpg

#5 Captain Bob

Captain Bob

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Super Moderators
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 32,617 posts

Posted 30 November 2012 - 10:32 AM

Agreed. I'm row 2, just inside the goal line (behind the drummers you always see on TV) and a pair cost me $860 for the season.

#6 Ghostsof1915

Ghostsof1915

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 22,654 posts

Posted 01 December 2012 - 01:12 PM

http://www.seahawks....eating-map.html

You can get 1/4 season's tickets to the Vancouver Giants for $180 per seat for 9 games. So a family of four for $720.00. That's almost the same price as going to 9 movies.

I know the Giants are sucking lately, but that's an amazing deal. I find football in the stands actually is very boring. Football is great on TV, but not so great live. You're going basically for the atmosphere.

Another option is Whitecaps FC 9 game packs. $249 for 9 games in the end zones, $439 for centre section tickets.
Depends of course on if you like soccer or real football. ;)
GO CANUCKS GO!
"The Canucks did not lose in 1994. They just ran out of time.." Barry MacDonald Team1040

Posted Image

#7 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:33 PM

Consider the added price and hassle of having to drive to Seattle for each game and then back again. If you plan on staying overnight then you have to add a hotel in there.

As a CFL fan (assumed from your sig), why not just get season tickets for the Lions? It's a lot more local, and the Lions give you some pretty decent perks for being a season ticket holder.

I am a Lions fan as well but to suggest a seahawks fan to go to a Lions game is so stupid. Regardless of what the idiot analysts at TSN and Sportsnet tell you, the NFL experience is 100X the CFL experience

Edited by canuckbeliever, 02 December 2012 - 06:42 PM.

#8 canuckbeliever

canuckbeliever

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,900 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 06:37 PM

Also to all of you saying go to this or go to that, clearly you have not experienced an NFL game. I have been to various Canucks games (reg season and playoffs), an NBA game in Seattle, an NFL game, an MLB Game and yes I have watched the Lions play as well on 3 occasions.

As far as a regular season game experience goes there is nothing better than NFL especially in Seattle where the 12th man is amazing.

In terms of my top 3 game experiences go I would go

1) Game 7 Canucks vs Chicago (playoffs)
2) Game 1 Vancouver vs Dallas (07 playoffs. It was the ridicolously long game. The atmosphere was very lack luster by the end of it but the fact the game went that long was surreal)
3) Seahawks vs Ravens last year

In terms of regular season games go, Seahawks vs Ravens blew any experience out of the water.

#9 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:15 PM

Seahawks games RULE!! I had a 4-game pack and went to another game on top of that, and always had a blast. You can get seats up high but near centre field for cheap. I love sitting there for hockey too, you can see plays develop. I think our pack was $400 but only because we have to buy one preseason game too with the 4-game pack because last year, after not having to, full season ticket holders complained, rightfully so.

Each game is so meaningful, and the Seahawks are really good this year, so I honestly haven't even missed hockey very much at all. This coming from a guy who used to put hockey a mile above any other sport. For me, NFL is only 10 feet back now.

I was hooked ever since attending the Seahawks Saints playoff game a couple years back. Anyone who can, should do themselves a favor and at least get a 4-game pack.

#10 BenDrinkin

BenDrinkin

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,304 posts

Posted 02 January 2013 - 12:39 PM

Hungry for steak? Just go get a burger from McDonalds lol

It's apples and oranges, but yeah, if you hate driving just stick to the Lions. I like the drive and don't stay in hotels, and in my truck it costs me $25 from Bellingham to Seattle and back. Parking can be pricey though too, anywhere from $10 - $50.

I love going to games down there, but think that a full season pack is too much for me. You should check out 4-game packs next year, I know I will again. It's just the right amount, all things considered. And being on a different day than the BC Lions games, you could still go to those games, if you're hardcore!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.