The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Roberto Luongo on Team 1040

-Vintage Canuck-

Is it just me or has Roberto Luongo actually gained more popularity during this whole situation? The guy has handled it very well and seems to have come out of his shell a bit if you pay attention to his Twitter. His interview for the fake season was hilarious, and you can tell the genuine personality that cares about this city and his team mates. I like Lou more now than I ever have. I was all for moving on, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him back for awhile and holding out for the best deal possible, instead of rushing a bad deal just for the sake of getting it done. I get the impression it's not an issue in the lockeroom so really its the fans and media that would make it a distraction, which at the end of the day shouldn't matter.

I wonder if any Luongo haters out there have had a bit of change of heart towards the guy?

Luongo is the best goalie we have ever had, I hope he stays here for as long as possible. The fact that he would waive his contract because of whatever reason, if it's for the best for the canucks in his eyes or just the awful media and fans in vancouver is heartbreaking. Luongo is the sole reason I started becoming a fan of the canucks and all I've ever wanted was for him to lift that grey cup and take the weight of the world off of his shoulders for the first time in years. He truly deserves a cup and as my sig says I don't care where he goes if he does leave I will cheer for him in whatever jersey he wears no matter what.

I love you Lu, these trade rumors are breaking my heart and I hope somehow you stay with the canucks for years to come. Please. :canucks:

Is it just me or has Roberto Luongo actually gained more popularity during this whole situation? The guy has handled it very well and seems to have come out of his shell a bit if you pay attention to his Twitter. His interview for the fake season was hilarious, and you can tell the genuine personality that cares about this city and his team mates. I like Lou more now than I ever have. I was all for moving on, but I honestly wouldn't mind seeing him back for awhile and holding out for the best deal possible, instead of rushing a bad deal just for the sake of getting it done. I get the impression it's not an issue in the lockeroom so really its the fans and media that would make it a distraction, which at the end of the day shouldn't matter.

I wonder if any Luongo haters out there have had a bit of change of heart towards the guy?

True that, we made him look bad when he's a great goalie. We owe it to him to give him the best chance at winning the cup on a good team, depending on how we handle and finish the whole Lu situation... I will be judging the management accordingly. If they handle it like crap and he leaves unsatisfied, I'll lose all the respect I had for MG.

So your'e saying the team made him look bad for 3 playoff years in a row, not including this last one?

I do recall the team not scoring enough in the past 2 series, but I also recall watching Luongo collapse under the pressure and get scored on numerous times from just about every possible angle, every year after 2007. All those pucks in all those games didn't float through the entire team.

We owe Luongo the best chance at a cup on a good team you say? Seems to me we've had a pretty damn good team for the last 3 or 4 seasons, a cup caliber team. The common denominator in all those losses was Luongo and his uncanny ability to get ventilated at the worst possible times.

Luongo is the best goalie we have ever had, I hope he stays here for as long as possible. The fact that he would waive his contract because of whatever reason, if it's for the best for the canucks in his eyes or just the awful media and fans in vancouver is heartbreaking. Luongo is the sole reason I started becoming a fan of the canucks and all I've ever wanted was for him to lift that grey cup and take the weight of the world off of his shoulders for the first time in years. He truly deserves a cup and as my sig says I don't care where he goes if he does leave I will cheer for him in whatever jersey he wears no matter what.

I love you Lu, these trade rumors are breaking my heart and I hope somehow you stay with the canucks for years to come. Please. :canucks:

At times Luongo has collapse, but let's look at the Stanley Cup last year (2011). In the 7 games the Canucks scored 8 goals and still managed to win 3 games, two by 1-0 shutouts. The Bruins won one game by a blowout (8-1) and the other three convincing. In the four losses the Nucks scored 4 goals and were shutout twice themselves, while the Bruins scored 21. The only way the Canucks win the SC is that Luongo won another game 1-0 . So in the end Luongo cost the Canucks only one game, if the Canucks had some more scoring in one of the other games they lost not including the 8-1 game they might won the SC.

So your'e saying the team made him look bad for 3 playoff years in a row, not including this last one?

I do recall the team not scoring enough in the past 2 series, but I also recall watching Luongo collapse under the pressure and get scored on numerous times from just about every possible angle, every year after 2007. All those pucks in all those games didn't float through the entire team.

We owe Luongo the best chance at a cup on a good team you say? Seems to me we've had a pretty damn good team for the last 3 or 4 seasons, a cup caliber team. The common denominator in all those losses was Luongo and his uncanny ability to get ventilated at the worst possible times.

At times Luongo has collapse, but let's look at the Stanley Cup last year (2011). In the 7 games the Canucks scored 8 goals and still managed to win 3 games, two by 1-0 shutouts. The Bruins won one game by a blowout (8-1) and the other three convincing. In the four losses the Nucks scored 4 goals and were shutout twice themselves, while the Bruins scored 21. The only way the Canucks win the SC is that Luongo won another game 1-0 . So in the end Luongo cost the Canucks only one game, if the Canucks had some more scoring in one of the other games they lost not including the 8-1 game they might won the SC.

This ^

That 8-1 game was actually scoreless after the 1st period too so it's not like the Canucks were out of it right off the bat. That hit by Rome woke up something angry in the Bruins that game and they destroyed us.

Scoring was why we did not win the cup plain and simple, anyone who puts the blame on Luongo is ignorant and needs to learn something about hockey. If you only score 8 goals in a series and still get to game 7 you must have had some pretty stellar goaltending along the way

This ^

That 8-1 game was actually scoreless after the 1st period too so it's not like the Canucks were out of it right off the bat. That hit by Rome woke up something angry in the Bruins that game and they destroyed us.

Scoring was why we did not win the cup plain and simple, anyone who puts the blame on Luongo is ignorant and needs to learn something about hockey. If you only score 8 goals in a series and still get to game 7 you must have had some pretty stellar goaltending along the way

Archived