The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Another Luongo to Chicago, Plus VAN-PHX

To Chicago: Luongo, Rodin + 2nd

To Vancouver: Hjalmarsson, Hayes, Beach + 1st

Luongo + 2nd = Hjalmarsson, Beach + 1st

Rodin = Hayes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Phoenix: Raymond, Sweatt, CHI/VAN 2013 1st, 2013 3rd

To Vancouver: Torres & Boedker

Sweatt + 3rd = Torres

Raymond + 1st = Boedker

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vancouver Roster: $67.2 / $70.2 salary spent

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Boedker

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Torres Malhotra Hayes

Volpatti, Ebbett, Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Hjalmarsson

Alberts, Tanev

Schneider & Lack

Chicago Roster: $66.8 / $70.2 salary spent

Stalberg Toews Kane

Shaw Sharp Hossa

Bickell Bolland Bollig

Carcillo Kruger Frolik

Saad, Pirri, Mayers

Keith Seabrook

Oduya Montador

Leddy Roszival

Olsen, Brookbank

Luongo & Crawford

Phoenix Roster: $54.1 / $70.2 salary spent

Sullivan Vermette Doan

Raymond Hanzal Vrbata

Korpikoski Langkow Moss

Chipchura Gordon Johnson

Bissonette, Miele, Conner

Yandle Michalek

Klesla Morris

O.E.L Stone

Summers, Schlemko

Smith & LaBarbera

Boedker is better than Raymond, and even if he isn't right now (which I think he is a bit better) he is younger and has more upside so he will be.

But I dont wanna do that Chicago deal, it would be much more beneficial to them than us, it's really not a smart move, and I'm not sure that Pheonix would wanna trade Boedker.

the playoffs were a good sign of things too come, he had a pretty good playoffs for them.

he has had some bad years. he's battled injury, he's had some good times too (14 points in 34 games in 10-11 is not bad).

I think he was rushed into the NHL, but I still could see him becoming a top 6 forward, I think he will have a good year/break out year if this lockout every gets settled.

I would take him over Raymond myself right now just cause of the upside.

To Chicago: Luongo, Rodin + 2nd

To Vancouver: Hjalmarsson, Hayes, Beach + 1st

Luongo + 2nd = Hjalmarsson, Beach + 1st

Rodin = Hayes

To Phoenix: Raymond, Sweatt, CHI/VAN 2013 1st, 2013 3rd

To Vancouver: Torres & Boedker

Sweatt + 3rd = Torres

Raymond + 1st = Boedker

I'd be down to try and get Torres back, he was a great addition to our line up before and I was pretty shocked to see Gillis let Torres walk, rumor was he wanted a 2 year contract instead of 1 I believe? Which I would have gave to him in a heartbeat, always a physical force and could put up some points as well.

Kyle Beach - 6'3 205

Jimmy Hayes - 6'6 221

Yes they are huge, but they are players we need. Especially with the production of Hayes on the 4th line and sometimes 3rd line (would've had 25~ points 13g, 12a).

The Canucks will more likely get players like these rather than a top player, which is okay with me, since our team is already really good.

Having Hjalmarsson who plays the RIGHT SIDE on defense though he is LEFT HANDED and a good shutdown player would work well with Ballard I feel.

And having Torres back would be super beneficial, because the opposing defenders would fear getting the puck with a really wide man (6'0 225) coming in on them.

Boedker has always been a playmaker type player who never had top-6 ice time. Putting him on the second line would help Kesler and Booth a lot.

Archived