• Announcements

• StealthNuck

All Threads Must Contain Tags!   07/25/2017

ALL THREADS MUST CONTAIN TAGS   All threads in this forum must contain tags prefixed to topic titles. The purpose of the tags is to eliminate confusion in recent threads lists, and to create an organized and consistent environment. Moderators may immediately lock and thread that does not contain tags.    Tags must be placed at the start of your thread title, following this exact formatting:    [Tag] Thread Title   Here are some of the most used popular tags:    [Proposal]
      A trade, or trades, for next season, or even the off-season.
      [Off-Season]
      FA signings, off-season trades for RFA's, UFA's rights etc...
      [Value Of]
      (A question regarding a players worth, whether from another team, or the Canucks)
      [Speculation] Posting a rumor (with a source of course), but providing why it could be possible for the Canucks to land that player.   [Discussion]
      Thoughts on team trading strategy and composition.   Please feel free to create your own tag if none of these suit your thread.   

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

Franz Liszt

(Proposal) Another Luongo to Chicago, Plus VAN-PHX

To Chicago: Luongo, Rodin + 2nd

To Vancouver: Hjalmarsson, Hayes, Beach + 1st

Luongo + 2nd = Hjalmarsson, Beach + 1st

Rodin = Hayes

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

To Phoenix: Raymond, Sweatt, CHI/VAN 2013 1st, 2013 3rd

To Vancouver: Torres & Boedker

Sweatt + 3rd = Torres

Raymond + 1st = Boedker

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Vancouver Roster: $67.2 / $70.2 salary spent

Sedin Sedin Burrows

Booth Kesler Boedker

Higgins Lapierre Hansen

Torres Malhotra Hayes

Volpatti, Ebbett, Weise

Hamhuis Bieksa

Edler Garrison

Ballard Hjalmarsson

Alberts, Tanev

Schneider & Lack

Chicago Roster: $66.8 / $70.2 salary spent

Stalberg Toews Kane

Shaw Sharp Hossa

Bickell Bolland Bollig

Carcillo Kruger Frolik

Saad, Pirri, Mayers

Keith Seabrook

Oduya Montador

Leddy Roszival

Olsen, Brookbank

Luongo & Crawford

Phoenix Roster: $54.1 / $70.2 salary spent

Sullivan Vermette Doan

Raymond Hanzal Vrbata

Korpikoski Langkow Moss

Chipchura Gordon Johnson

Bissonette, Miele, Conner

Yandle Michalek

Klesla Morris

O.E.L Stone

Summers, Schlemko

Smith & LaBarbera

Kassian would be a better fit then Boedker on the 2nd line and we get to keep 2 1st round picks if we don't get Boedker.

Boedker is better than Raymond, and even if he isn't right now (which I think he is a bit better) he is younger and has more upside so he will be.

But I dont wanna do that Chicago deal, it would be much more beneficial to them than us, it's really not a smart move, and I'm not sure that Pheonix would wanna trade Boedker.

Boedker really isn't anything special.

He's had 1 full NHL year in the past 3 seasons, and only put up 24 points.

He plays a very similar style to Raymond, and was outpaced in points by Raymond last season.

Sure he still has some upside, but he's looking more and more like he was a bad choice as an 8th Overall pick.

the playoffs were a good sign of things too come, he had a pretty good playoffs for them.

he has had some bad years. he's battled injury, he's had some good times too (14 points in 34 games in 10-11 is not bad).

I think he was rushed into the NHL, but I still could see him becoming a top 6 forward, I think he will have a good year/break out year if this lockout every gets settled.

I would take him over Raymond myself right now just cause of the upside.

Boedker really isn't anything special.

He's had 1 full NHL year in the past 3 seasons, and only put up 24 points.

To Chicago: Luongo, Rodin + 2nd

To Vancouver: Hjalmarsson, Hayes, Beach + 1st

Luongo + 2nd = Hjalmarsson, Beach + 1st

Rodin = Hayes

To Phoenix: Raymond, Sweatt, CHI/VAN 2013 1st, 2013 3rd

To Vancouver: Torres & Boedker

Sweatt + 3rd = Torres

Raymond + 1st = Boedker

I'd be down to try and get Torres back, he was a great addition to our line up before and I was pretty shocked to see Gillis let Torres walk, rumor was he wanted a 2 year contract instead of 1 I believe? Which I would have gave to him in a heartbeat, always a physical force and could put up some points as well.

Kyle Beach - 6'3 205

Jimmy Hayes - 6'6 221

Yes they are huge, but they are players we need. Especially with the production of Hayes on the 4th line and sometimes 3rd line (would've had 25~ points 13g, 12a).

The Canucks will more likely get players like these rather than a top player, which is okay with me, since our team is already really good.

Having Hjalmarsson who plays the RIGHT SIDE on defense though he is LEFT HANDED and a good shutdown player would work well with Ballard I feel.

And having Torres back would be super beneficial, because the opposing defenders would fear getting the puck with a really wide man (6'0 225) coming in on them.

Boedker has always been a playmaker type player who never had top-6 ice time. Putting him on the second line would help Kesler and Booth a lot.