Welcome to canucks.com Vancouver Canucks homepage

Photo
- - - - -

FAN LOCKOUT

This topic has been archived. This means that you cannot reply to this topic.
9 replies to this topic

Poll: TAKE THE PLEDGE (13 member(s) have cast votes)

I WILL BOYCOTT NHL BY NOT ATTENDING GAMES AND BUYING NHL APPAREL EQUAL TO THE AMOUNT OF DAYS THEY LOCKOUT ?

1. Yes (7 votes [46.67%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 46.67%

2. No (8 votes [53.33%] - View)

Percentage of vote: 53.33%

Vote Guests cannot vote

#1 sting

sting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:42 PM

The greed and ignorance of the NHL lockout has led me to try and start a pledge from fans that will end the tactics that the owners are currently using for collective bargaining. These tactics are in complete disregard to the history of the game. Losing partial and complete seasons is unexceptable and greedy.
The lockout is a major slap in the face to all the corporations and businesses who have invested large sums of money in the NHL.
The unwillingness for negotiations disgusts me when i think of all the people that are currently unemployed. Employees who rely on their paychecks to pay their bills.
Finally the fans. The fans that made a financial and emotional investment to support their teams. Do the owners and players really care about these people??

Well lets make them start caring.

THE PLEDGE

I will not attend NHL games or buy NHL apparel for a time equal to the amount of games that they cancel.

Pretty simple.....You cancel 20 games, I cancel 20 games.

So will YOU take the pledge??? That's right Blue, YOUR MY BOY!!!!!

#2 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:44 PM

I wont. Nearly every person who says they will not watch/spend money on the NHL is full of crap in my opinion.

Edited by JimLahey, 27 October 2012 - 02:45 PM.

NKQdh7b.jpg

#3 sting

sting

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,038 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 02:50 PM

You can watch all you want just don't go.

#4 Smashian Kassian

Smashian Kassian

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,640 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:00 PM

The ticket prices are so high I can't afford to go to the games normally anyways.

So I won't go don't worry.

zackass.png

#5 lorentjd

lorentjd

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,009 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:02 PM

I wont. Nearly every person who says they will not watch/spend money on the NHL is full of crap in my opinion.

Correct.

#6 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,955 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:11 PM

I selected both just because I could - CDC, ruining polls everywhere.

But really, there have been a tonne of these types of threads and the response is the same. You won't be able to make a significant enough impact to have any effect on the bottom line. The impact the NHL is having by continuing the lockout is having a larger effect than your grass roots movement.

Edited by elvis15, 27 October 2012 - 03:37 PM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

If this team lets go of Sang he will burn this team next year. 

#7 PlayStation

PlayStation

XBox

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,353 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:20 PM

Not able to buy tickets, so I'm in, nor would I buy them even if I had the money to because of the lockout.

As far as merchandise, I do have a gift card, And have been waiting for boxing day to get the most bang for my buck, so I'll be using that then if theres any good deals.
Posted Image

"Real Men" :bigblush:

#8 ajhockey

ajhockey

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,386 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 03:47 PM

Well I've never been to a game, so that won't be any different anyways. As for buying stuff, that might not be different either, as I've never really bought a new jersey. I'd like an Edler or Hamhuis one though.

14ndb35.jpg
Credit to -Vintage Canuck- for the awesome sig!

"Gino, Gino, Gino, Gino!"
Rest In Peace, Rypien, Demitra, and Bourdon

#9 JimLahey

JimLahey

Canucks Rookie

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,570 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:20 PM

I also don't have an NHL team to pay to watch considering I live in Edmonton. :)

NKQdh7b.jpg

#10 Grapefruits

Grapefruits

Fruit

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,743 posts

Posted 27 October 2012 - 04:22 PM

I haven't attended a game or bought anything NHL related since the last lockout. Probably never will again. I refuse to pay the outrageous prices the Canucks want for tickets. They insult you even further at Rogers with the food and drink prices.

qrak1x.jpg

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.