The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

What phone should I get?

Tom Sestito

The Nexus 4 is much cheaper than the rest at ($299). At its price point and its specs, it's probably the best value for your money.

For the amount of money you would need to shell out for an iPhone 5 isn't justified considering the basic features and functions you're looking for. You'll be paying more for the iPhone than the other flagship phones from other manufacturers.

All of the flagship phones will all do everything very well, just choose the one with the OS you like best. Do yourself a favour and go to the store and play around with the phones. Each OS has its strengths and weakness, as does each phone and maker.

Get the Nexus 4 for sure if you're getting a phone off contract, it's ridiculously cheap for a high end phone. Not having LTE won't be an issue, everyone I know with an LTE phone turns it off since it drains battery so quickly. Nexus phones will last you a long time since they'll stay up to date sooner and longer than any other phone and there's a huge online community for Nexus phones.

author kindly asks what phone to get

Iphone 5 owners say they love it.

Non iphone5 lovers say iphone5 sucks.

Pouria has done nothing but spammed this thread with hate.

Pouria, do you "own" an iphone5? probably not? Then why are you hating on it so much? Flat out true story, I know much more s3 owners then iphone5 owners, its like 4 to 1 ratio! However the people I konw that owns it, loves it to death. They are bragging about it, they don't show it off, n

I looooooooove my Blackberry 9900. My brother had a 9700 for a long time and recently switched to the HTC One X. Most of my friends have various iPhones.

In my opinion, BBs are hands down the best for messaging/emailing, I don't think many can argue against that. For multimedia purposes, Android or Apple will do the trick due to the larger screen. Good luck getting enough data to accommodate those wants, though, especially if you're activating a new plan as there is little incentive for providers to give you a good deal.

For your needs it really seems to come down to an iPhone or any higher tier Android one. Check out your friends' and see which one suits you better. Asking CDC will only get you biased replies!

So iPhone 5 is the only phone with the ability to have good screen, good battery life, good video quality, good sound, internet that loads with no problems and basic apps that work well? I guess no phone on the market is capable of that like HTC 8X, HTC one X, Samsung S3, LG Nexus 4, Motorola Razr MAAX, Sony ion, Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung ATIV S etc. So all these other phones are junk, right? What a hardcore Apple fan boy you are.

author kindly asks what phone to get

Iphone 5 owners say they love it.

Non iphone5 lovers say iphone5 sucks.

Pouria has done nothing but spammed this thread with hate.

Pouria, do you "own" an iphone5? probably not? Then why are you hating on it so much? Flat out true story, I know much more s3 owners then iphone5 owners, its like 4 to 1 ratio! However the people I konw that owns it, loves it to death. They are bragging about it, they don't show it off, n

exactly what he said. You wouldn't come here for date advise? why would you do it for phones? Look at pouria. He's been spamming apple hate non stop.

Archived