Posted Image-Mod note: Inappropriate

#62 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:35 PM

The Nexus 4 is much cheaper than the rest at ($299). At its price point and its specs, it's probably the best value for your money.

For the amount of money you would need to shell out for an iPhone 5 isn't justified considering the basic features and functions you're looking for. You'll be paying more for the iPhone than the other flagship phones from other manufacturers.

All of the flagship phones will all do everything very well, just choose the one with the OS you like best. Do yourself a favour and go to the store and play around with the phones. Each OS has its strengths and weakness, as does each phone and maker.

RIP LB RR PD

#63 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:48 PM

So what you're saying is you don't give a rats ass if it takes forever for your phone to process something. As long as it's from Apple it's gold?

I guess he only looks at the screen and the apps. Doesn't look at features, functions, receptions or anything else. As long as it has the angry bird app and a nice solid screen :picard:

Posted Image

#64 Gally

Gally

KJ's Butler

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:03 PM

My LG Neon broke in half today. I thought they were indestructible. I've had it for 3 years though I guess it's time for a new one. Does anybody know any good cheap phones?

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#65 Mr. Ambien

Mr. Ambien

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • 4,298 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:31 PM

Absolutely!

when I buy a vehicle, I don't care if or what kind of engine and wheels it has. As long as it has a steering wheel and AC im set! Those things are so intuitive.

Not nearly as intuitive as that strawman. :lol:

Edited by zaibatsu, 04 November 2012 - 11:38 PM.

#66 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 11:36 PM

My LG Neon broke in half today. I thought they were indestructible. I've had it for 3 years though I guess it's time for a new one. Does anybody know any good cheap phones?

LG? indestructible? LMAO!
LG is probably the last brand that should be described as indestructible. Heck, A lot of people are a bit hesitant to buy the Nexus 4 at such a bargain price because of the fact that it is made by LG.

Posted Image

#67 Gally

Gally

KJ's Butler

• Members
  • 5,569 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:07 AM

LG? indestructible? LMAO!
LG is probably the last brand that should be described as indestructible. Heck, A lot of people are a bit hesitant to buy the Nexus 4 at such a bargain price because of the fact that it is made by LG.

It's one of this really old flip phones though. Those seem to never break.

Posted Image

Credit to -Vintage Canuck-

my mom wouldn't let me touch the laptop because I have to stand after I eat....kinda stupid

#68 D.Doughty

D.Doughty

Canucks Third-Line

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,013 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:30 AM

BLACKBERRY

#69 -Goose-

-Goose-

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,586 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:04 PM

Nexus 4 comes for $300. It uses top of the line specs but has no 4g.

YOU own the phone NOT the carrier.

Posted Image

#70 Russ

Russ

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,377 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 12:37 PM

$50 more and you get an extra 16 gigs (worth it in my opinion) and honestly 3g is fast still.
Xbox Live - Lenerdosy
PSN - Lenerdosy

Interested in a game of NHL or BF3? Send me a friend request and lets play.

#71 avirji

avirji

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 45 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 08:03 PM

'4G' is a bit of a misnomer spewed out by Apple/Rogers/etc... The Nexus 4 can reach download speeds of up to 42 mbps on HSPA+ networks (which I believe Rogers has), but it does not have LTE, which can reach theoretical download speeds of 75 mbps or more.

#72 Butters Stoch

Butters Stoch

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 05 November 2012 - 11:59 PM

Get the Nexus 4 for sure if you're getting a phone off contract, it's ridiculously cheap for a high end phone. Not having LTE won't be an issue, everyone I know with an LTE phone turns it off since it drains battery so quickly. Nexus phones will last you a long time since they'll stay up to date sooner and longer than any other phone and there's a huge online community for Nexus phones.

sig by Malkin71

#73 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:54 AM

author kindly asks what phone to get

Iphone 5 owners say they love it.

Non iphone5 lovers say iphone5 sucks.

Pouria has done nothing but spammed this thread with hate.

Pouria, do you "own" an iphone5? probably not? Then why are you hating on it so much? Flat out true story, I know much more s3 owners then iphone5 owners, its like 4 to 1 ratio! However the people I konw that owns it, loves it to death. They are bragging about it, they don't show it off, n

I looooooooove my Blackberry 9900. My brother had a 9700 for a long time and recently switched to the HTC One X. Most of my friends have various iPhones.

In my opinion, BBs are hands down the best for messaging/emailing, I don't think many can argue against that. For multimedia purposes, Android or Apple will do the trick due to the larger screen. Good luck getting enough data to accommodate those wants, though, especially if you're activating a new plan as there is little incentive for providers to give you a good deal.

For your needs it really seems to come down to an iPhone or any higher tier Android one. Check out your friends' and see which one suits you better. Asking CDC will only get you biased replies!

exactly what he said. You wouldn't come here for date advise? why would you do it for phones? Look at pouria. He's been spamming apple hate non stop.

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

http://bleacherrepor...d-top-prospects

combine results.  Ehlers 5'11 162 lbs of solid rock.  

#74 Armada

Armada

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 14,007 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 12:58 AM

But seriously guys.

We all agree Blackberries are the best phones on the market, right? :mellow:

Edited by Armada, 06 November 2012 - 01:12 AM.

Posted Image
______________Eat, Sleep,Posted ImageRave, Repeat

#75 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:03 AM

So iPhone 5 is the only phone with the ability to have good screen, good battery life, good video quality, good sound, internet that loads with no problems and basic apps that work well? I guess no phone on the market is capable of that like HTC 8X, HTC one X, Samsung S3, LG Nexus 4, Motorola Razr MAAX, Sony ion, Nokia Lumia 920, Samsung ATIV S etc. So all these other phones are junk, right? What a hardcore Apple fan boy you are.

stop putting words in my mouth pouria, don't being a fandroid and grow up. I never said it had good battery life, i just referenced it vs the s3 the video quality is based on their mad reviews on their overall retina display, which already looks 1080 hd, I never mentioned it had good sound, the internet loading was based on its speed tests vs the note 2 and the iphone5 beat them in the speed test too, the research was also some person reviewing the speed test over his pc plugged into the interent. so calm down man. I told him to stay away from the S3 cause I have good hanful of my friends actually "complaining" about the phone

Players Nikolaj Ehlers have been compared too by the fan base of the Vancouver Canucks.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#76 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:11 AM

It's one of this really old flip phones though. Those seem to never break.

Unless its made by LG.

Posted Image

#77 Pouria

Pouria

Canucks Second-Line

• Banned
  • 4,933 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:16 AM

Pouria, do you "own" an iphone5? probably not? Then why are you hating on it so much? Flat out true story, I know much more s3 owners then iphone5 owners, its like 4 to 1 ratio! However the people I konw that owns it, loves it to death. They are bragging about it, they don't show it off, n

exactly what he said. You wouldn't come here for date advise? why would you do it for phones? Look at pouria. He's been spamming apple hate non stop.

The real question is why are you so infatuated with iPhone which is just an inanimate object, a material? What is the real reason behind your love affair with Apple?

Posted Image

#78 MoneypuckOverlord

MoneypuckOverlord

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 7,437 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 01:21 AM

The real question is why are you so infatuated with iPhone which is just an inanimate object, a material? What is the real reason behind your love affair with Apple?

How the hell did this turn into a question about me and how I feel towards apple? What does this even have to do with YOU?

Edited by MoneypuckOverlord, 06 November 2012 - 01:22 AM.

1 Pavel Bure

2 Markus Naslund

3 Nathan Mackkinon

4 Jonathan Drouin.

5 Jonathan Tavares

#79 Jai604

Jai604

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,039 posts

Posted 06 November 2012 - 08:34 AM

How the hell did this turn into a question about me and how I feel towards apple?

See below:

stop putting words in my mouth pouria, don't being a fandroid and grow up. I never said it had good battery life, i just referenced it vs the s3 the video quality is based on their mad reviews on their overall retina display, which already looks 1080 hd, I never mentioned it had good sound, the internet loading was based on its speed tests vs the note 2 and the iphone5 beat them in the speed test too, the research was also some person reviewing the speed test over his pc plugged into the interent. so calm down man. I told him to stay away from the S3 cause I have good hanful of my friends actually "complaining" about the phone

Oh, the irony.

RIP LB RR PD

#80 Primus099

Primus099

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,009 posts

Posted 07 November 2012 - 03:12 AM

BLACKBERRY

Bold 9900 ftw

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Discussion

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.