The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

(Proposal) Van-Njd

I"m Soooooooooo bored with no hockey.

To Van: Zajac,Fayne

To Njd: Luongo,Raymond,Ballard.

Only if Broduer is in a slump or retires or New jersey just wants a new goalie.

Lineup:

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Booth-Kesler-Zajac

Hansen-Higgins-Kassian

Manny-Lappy-Weise

Volpatti-Ebbett

Hamhuis-Bieksa

Edler-Garrison

Fayne-Tanev

Alberts

Schneids

Lack

Thanks Guys.

No for a couple of reasons:

1) After losing Parise and Ponikarovsky in the off season, trading Zajac would be just too big of a blow to the Devils to handle

2) Zajac is a UFA after this season (if there is one) so basically its Luongo, Raymond and Ballard for Fayne...no thanks

You think Luongo is some treasure that every team will pay their testicles to get. Not many teams NEED a goaltender then there's Luongo's contract, then there's his NTC then there's the lockout with a proposed cap drop, then there is everyone knowing the Canucks will eventually have to trade Luongo.

The Canucks aren't going to get any A level prospects, 2013 1st round picks or elite young players for Luongo.

I don't think that the Devils could afford to give up another part of their offense, now that Parise's already gone for nothing and the team needs the top tier scoring they can get (with Kovalchuk, Zajac, Henrique and Elias predominantly); that and Brodeur re-signed and Wedgewood could probably step in afterwards.

However,

You're on some serious stuff if you think a goalie of Luongo's calibre can't fetch a 2013 1st, even straight up. Give your head a shake.

Gillis and fans can yell out what Luongo's value should be, the market for Luongo determines the value.

I have a half used stick of deodorrant and I want a a top 6 forward, a prospect and a 1st rounder for it. I can wait until the end of time but if I want to get rid of that stick of deodorant anytime soon I might have to settle for less.

Gillis and fans can yell out what Luongo's value should be, the market for Luongo determines the value.

I have a half used stick of deodorrant and I want a a top 6 forward, a prospect and a 1st rounder for it. I can wait until the end of time but if I want to get rid of that stick of deodorant anytime soon I might have to settle for less.

That could quite possibly be the worst comparison ever. Again your logic is flawed. If the season is saved and teams like Chicago, Toronto or Edmonton are in need of a goalie and are a few spots out of a playoff spot come trade deadline, and if we still have Luongo then, one of those teams guarenteed will offer a pretty penny for Lu, as he will most likely be the only elite goalie on the market.

Archived