The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

DollarAndADream

Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

The Calgary Flames are pleased to announce the following players have re-signed:

Duncan Keith (4 Years)

Max Reinhart (7 years)

Laurent Brossoit (8 years)

Mark Mceill (1 year)

Tomas Hertl (1 year))

Martin Frk (1 year)

We are working on resigning others

Sim has been completed next sim will be 9-10 AM PST Sunday.

I was shocked this is the first year I signed 100% on the first day. Everyone accepted their deals. I'm very happy Ovie only asked for 11.5 million for 93 overall. A lot of worse overall players got more. I got him for 11 on the button.

Just throwing this idea out there, the CPU controlled teams just continues to get worse year after year, it would be nice if they were somewhat competitive but they never sign anyone in free agency. Would you guys be up for allowing trades to the CPU teams?

The only rules would be for us to accept the trade it clearly has to be in favor of the CPU it can't be at the draft for guys that are out of contract, or rental players at the trade deadline if the team isn't in the playoff race.

What do you guys think, this might be a way to get the CPU more competitive. I mean Toronto has 48 million in cap and letting Reimer walk...

They also signed a guy in the 50s overall to a 8.5 million contract just to hit the floor.

Our concern is though teams will use the CPU as locations for cap dumps etc.. It would be best if other GMs just join and try to rebuild them.

I also can see there being more arguments and frustration when people's proposals are rejected. It will also be a lot more work for Trav to analyze every trade, he is already doing too much for this league.

Maybe it isn't such a great idea after all

Another idea could be for some GMs who want a challenge they can take another team in the league as long as they never trade with themselves or sign free agents that their other team released. Some of you guys are already in multiple leagues

I haven't run this by Trav yet, I just thought of the idea.

Well, this isn't really a cap dump for me. I have too many LWs on my team, thus I need to trade Raymond, somewhere. Other GMs are only willing to pay a 3rd rounder for him, which in my books, isn't enough for a 40+ point player.

Archived