The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

DollarAndADream

Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

you can make excuses for extremely long term contracts at very little money for top prospects but it is not realistic.

The UFA market is the only way I have of improving my team and if I sign anyone over an 82 OVR I have to throw him back in next season.that is not realistic.

you can make excuses for extremely long term contracts at very little money for top prospects but it is not realistic.

The UFA market is the only way I have of improving my team and if I sign anyone over an 82 OVR I have to throw him back in next season.that is not realistic.

I also gave Elliott 3x what he was asking for in his renewal, and as such, limited my cap situation by 1.6m for 2 years while he was a 78. He only jumped from 78 to 85 this offseason, I could easily have been stuck with that contract. Like I seem to be with Depres, at 77 for 2.7m/6y

I also gave Elliott 3x what he was asking for in his renewal, and as such, limited my cap situation by 1.6m for 2 years while he was a 78. He only jumped from 78 to 85 this offseason, I could easily have been stuck with that contract. Like I seem to be with Depres, at 77 for 2.7m/6y

RE-POST

Major Announcement

The BoG have been made aware of concerns that GMs have with things that have happened in free agency. After some thought we agree with their concerns. We have been through 2 UFA signing periods so far in both periods the most coveted player has been signed to one year deal for the purpose of acquiring their rights and then signing them to significant pay cuts in the following years. This would not occur in the real NHL.

For example if player A was offered 1 year 10 million from Team A and offered 9.75 million for 2 years from Team B. Even if the player requested 2 years, the player would choose Team A. After that 1 year deal Player A would be re-signed for significantly less like 6.5 million. In total Player A would make 16.5 million from Team A, while he would have gotten 19.5 from Team B. IRL if the player was offered 3.5 million less the second year, he would more than likely decide to test free agency again.

We feel that the following rule will fix this concern many GM's have, and we have therefore implemented this rule from here on out.

Here is the rule,

Who does this apply to?

This rule applies to any player only on the first day of UFA signings that is either over 82 overall OR 4 stars yellow and higher.

1.) Players who meet the above criteria that are signed to one-year deals, cannot be traded at any point during their season, they must also be forced to test free agency again the next summer.

2.) Players who are signed for multi-year deals will become the property of the team and full rights to the individual team are given.

This rule will then allow players to get fair market value the next summer if offered a one year deal, and teams cannot acquire a player for the purpose of trading for other valueable assets or to re-sign a player for a significant discount the following year, just because in one season they have the capspace.

We feel this rule will make the UFA signing periods more equal, fair and most importantly realistic.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to voice your concerns in a professional manner.

Sincerely,

The BoG

That's correct, yes. Thank you. I'm the Jets in my other league, and they need nothing

Taylor Hall - Sidney Crosby - Chris Stewart

James Neal - Derrick Brassard - Jakub Voracek

Nikita Filatov - Ryan O'Reilly - Jimmy Hayes

Anton Rodin - Mark Scheifele - Nino Neiderreiter

Drew Doughty - Zach Bogosian

Keith Aulie - Jack Johnson

Justin Faulk - Roman Josi

Jakub Kindl

Jakob Markstrom - Richard Bachman in net

Major Announcement

The BoG have been made aware of concerns that GMs have with things that have happened in free agency. After some thought we agree with their concerns. We have been through 2 UFA signing periods so far in both periods the most coveted player has been signed to one year deal for the purpose of acquiring their rights and then signing them to significant pay cuts in the following years. This would not occur in the real NHL.

For example if player A was offered 1 year 10 million from Team A and offered 9.75 million for 2 years from Team B. Even if the player requested 2 years, the player would choose Team A. After that 1 year deal Player A would be re-signed for significantly less like 6.5 million. In total Player A would make 16.5 million from Team A, while he would have gotten 19.5 from Team B. IRL if the player was offered 3.5 million less the second year, he would more than likely decide to test free agency again.

We feel that the following rule will fix this concern many GM's have, and we have therefore implemented this rule from here on out.

Here is the rule,

Who does this apply to?

This rule applies to any player only on the first day of UFA signings that is either over 82 overall OR 4 stars yellow and higher.

1.) Players who meet the above criteria that are signed to one-year deals, cannot be traded at any point during their season, they must also be forced to test free agency again the next summer.

2.) Players who are signed for multi-year deals will become the property of the team and full rights to the individual team are given.

This rule will then allow players to get fair market value the next summer if offered a one year deal, and teams cannot acquire a player for the purpose of trading for other valueable assets or to re-sign a player for a significant discount the following year, just because in one season they have the capspace.

We feel this rule will make the UFA signing periods more equal, fair and most importantly realistic.

If you have any questions or comments, please feel free to voice your concerns in a professional manner.

Sincerely,

The BoG

That's correct, yes. Thank you. I'm the Jets in my other league, and they need nothing

Taylor Hall - Sidney Crosby - Chris Stewart

James Neal - Derrick Brassard - Jakub Voracek

Nikita Filatov - Ryan O'Reilly - Jimmy Hayes

Anton Rodin - Mark Scheifele - Nino Neiderreiter

Drew Doughty - Zach Bogosian

Keith Aulie - Jack Johnson

Justin Faulk - Roman Josi

Jakub Kindl

Jakob Markstrom - Richard Bachman in net

To Montreal:

Colin Wilson($2M)

Rob Scuderi($2.97M)