Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.

DollarAndADream

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades   16 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want to allow trades for renting players?

• Yes.
    • No.

Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

2,949 posts in this topic

Pesonen out for 42 games. My best sniper.... :picard:

2 top 6's and my best D are out. FML.

So from what I can see, these are the deadline deals. I don't have the salaries or some of the first names because I didn't do the simming or trade approving. I lent the Commish duties to mpt for the night.

I would look up all the salaries from the contracts screen, but that takes way too long. I'll just update this list when the trade screen becomes available again.

To Washington:

Victor Rask

M Gernat

Sam Gagner

To Edmonton:

Dale Weise

Brent Burns

------------------------------

To Washington:

Erik Karlsson

To San Jose:

S Galiev

D Brylin

WSH 1st(2017)

To Philadelphia:

Patrick Sharp

Brad Stuart

To Chicago:

Andrej Meszaros

Alex Tanguay

To Buffalo:

Andrew Ference

To Boston:

BUF 2nd(2016)

To Philadelphia:

Brad Marchand

To Boston:

Lance Bouma

PHI 3rd(2020)

To Columbus:

Jordan Staal

Paul Stastny

Jared Knight

To Chicago:

Ryan Johansen

Antoine Vermette

M Domi

To Ottawa:

Joe Pavelski

CHI 3rd(2016)

To Chicago:

T.J. Oshie

OTT 1st(2017)

Just letting people know for some of the above trades that seem lopsided.

Bouma will be exchanged for E Wellwood at the draft.

Karlsson is a short term rental, and will be returned to the Sharks at the end of the season. This deal was made with the new GM of the Sharks and not the CPU.

Oh and finally I may have a DNF %. I was in the middle of watching a game against Chicago last night. I was up 1-0 and he pm'ed me to watch the game. So I quit the game to watch with him. I ended up losing that game in shoot out.

Karlsson is a short term rental, and will be returned to the Sharks at the end of the season. This deal was made with the new GM of the Sharks and not the CPU.

This has happened quiet a few times in the past, and imo shouldn't be allowed. No GM in real life would trade a player as a rental, to help a team make it into the playoffs or help them make a run for the Cup, and then trade them back.

More than half the league has DNF%, even the commissioner.

We will stick the schedule and sim once at 8pm and again at 4am to the end of the season

There should be a poll like for the waiver rule so votes are private

We could also just talk about it too. I for one don't care either way. If people want the rule I say we make the rule. In the past I've been involved in a few rental trades. I've found from talking to GMs most aren't interested in rentals anyways.

We could make a rule that rentals can only happen with players with one year left

Okay I will break my vow of silence to just get some clarification. When I think of rental, I think of a player on the last year of his contract being traded to a playoff contender. I'm okay with that, but are we talking about rental as the literal meaning where a team borrows a player but then gives him back at the end of the season? Cause that seems kind of fishy since non playoff teams can form alliances with playoff teams which I'm not ok with it.

Yours truly,

Me

UFA at end of season is fine, IMO. Those guys are the textbook definition of a rental player.

But if the guy has multiple years left or is a pending RFA, I'm not okay with that. It basically creates a situation where you can stack your team at 1/4 of the cap hit for several guys and then not have to deal w/ the cap issues during the re-sign period.

I've had a ton of injuries to my main players and never considered trading for a rental. Every one of my top 6 has been out this year for at least 15-20 games besides Travis Zajac.

That's just me though.

I guess if people are fine with giving up prospects and picks to have a player for a few months, then that's up to them. I'm not against that.

I do think if we allow it, that it should be for players on their last year.

This has happened quiet a few times in the past, and imo shouldn't be allowed. No GM in real life would trade a player as a rental, to help a team make it into the playoffs or help them make a run for the Cup, and then trade them back.

More than half the league has DNF%, even the commissioner.

Ryan Ellis out 40 games :sadno: he was leading the league in defense man scoring.

This is a huge blow to our team and could effect playoff run drastically. At least we have a ton of defensive depth to somewhat ease this injury.