The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

DollarAndADream

Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Playoffs get 2 days. Resigning crappy entry level prospects that dont have real names get 4. :bored:

I can start bitching, cause this is the first year I have actually made the playoffs, but It was over faster than it begun.

I'm just being a sore loser.

All good, we need to discuss it forsure though.

UFA days can be reduced by one day easily.

It might be good to do the playoffs one week sims to make adjustments because like you said they are the most important.

They are really anti climatic.

8pm and 3am sim times would make a lot of sense. So you guys want 4 day playoffs?

I'm down with that too. Could we eliminate the day off for trade deadline? so one day we go to the deadline and the next night we go passed it?

What does everyone vote on?

Playoffs 1 week per day? 1 week at 8pm then 1 week later in the night?

I only simmed it at 5:30PM because a bunch of you said you wanted it. Nobody got an advantage. I didn't even do my lines either, I just loaded it up, simmed and left to work.

It would be way easier for me to sim around 5PM and not 8PM. 8-9PM is my break between dayshift and nighshift in which I barely have time for anything. It's usually EASHL time with a work buddy.

I say we extend the playoffs to 4 days. One week sim at 5pm then the rest at night time.

This way teams can watch the meaningful games (5-7). To keep the season going I say we drop one UFA signing period. Our schedule will go from 17 to 18 days. We could squish the trade deadline down to save a day too

I say we extend the playoffs to 4 days. One week sim at 5pm then the rest at night time.

This way teams can watch the meaningful games (5-7). To keep the season going I say we drop one UFA signing period. Our schedule will go from 17 to 18 days. We could squish the trade deadline down to save a day too

5 o'clock SIM is fine. I'm done and home from work at 4 and usually get on right away to edit everything. It's the night time ones that get me. Can't just start up my PS3 at 5am before work. I'd be late everyday. :P

Playoffs are the most important thing. I say trim a day off of resigning period. Or merge two days of draft and resign phase.

For the cup finals sim the whole thing at 5 or 6 or whatever the time is so we can start doing pre-draft trades and at 4am sim the draft. So you can complete the cup finals, pre-draft trades, and the draft all in one day.

I think we should move one day off the re-sign period and UFA period over to the regular season/playoffs.

There's too much sitting around in the offseason, especially the re-signing period when you're not even allowed to trade. I'm pretty sure most teams re-sign their core players in the first sim anyway.

Last year I had to resign Stuart Vokoun and Thiornton all on the last day. I even offered Thornton more than asking price and he turned it down. Vokoun and Stuart accepted asking price no less.

What we could do is have trav do a sim at 6 pm on day 1 and then again at night. That way we still have 4 resigning phases but its over 3 days instead of 4

Archived