The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

NHL 13 - CDC Sim Connected [PS3 SIM LEAGUE] pt 3

DollarAndADream

Poll Regarding Player Rental Trades  

16 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Coleman it wouldn't apply to your own players, just players that hit UFA signing period, not ones currently on your team. Except Briere who was given a one year deal in UFA

We are just throwing out ideas.

Last year all the top players signed one year deals. Do we want every top player that hits the UFA signing period to always take one year deals for the rest of their careers?

Nothing is imminent, we've gotten some feedback from GMs about how they thought the new UFA worked last year; so we are just asking everyone else if they want it tweaked or left the same.

I'm good with whatever.

Oh yeah, it was actually just an example, Toews is locked up for 6 and Ryan for 3 more. It's more just a thought as to how it could impact a team. I'm throwing things at the wall, just to kind of paint a picture. I actually have no horse in this race, I've got a great cap situation going on. But for someone who was in a similar position, it would be a difficult situation and decision.

Personally, I think that teams should have to offer the number of years the player desires if the player is: 1st line forward, 2nd line forward, Top 2 defenseman, Top 4 defenseman, Elite goaltender, Starting goaltender, or 4-star prospect (or better).

There are only a handful of guys that fill those roles each free agency period, so it would be fairly easy to track. Punishment should be they relinquish whatever the equivalent RFA compensation is to the bottom team(s).

For example, if the contract offered would require 1st, 2nd, and 3rd compensation, last place would get the 1st rounder, 2nd last would get the 2nd rounder, 3rd last would get the 3rd rounder.

Archived